31st July 2016, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NDA exam with +3 power in left and 0 in right eye?

My eye sight is slightly weak with +3 in left and 0 in right. Is i'm eligible for taking part in NDA examination.
INFO :-
HEIGHT- 5"9
AGE - 16 YRS
CLASS - 10th
WEIGHT- 71
And i'm asking this question before 2 years of Exam, because i just want to KNOW whether i'm eligible for it or not.

31st July 2016, 04:10 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NDA exam with +3 power in left and 0 in right eye?

Visual Standard requirement for NDA :-

A candidate should be able to read in a distant vision chart 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in worse eye with or without glasses.

Myopia should not be more than 2.5 D and hypermetropia not more than 3.5 D including Astigmatism.

So, you are eligible for NDA entrance exam with an eyesight of +3 in left and 0 in right.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam :-

Nationality : Indian.

Age limit :16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Marital Status : Unmarried male candidate only.

Academic qualification : 10+2 for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.
31st July 2016, 05:03 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for NDA exam with +3 power in left and 0 in right eye?

In NDA you are entertained up to following eye vision properties :

--- Myopia : Maximum 2.5 D

--- Hypermetropia : Maximum 3.5 D

Now you have to compare your eye vision with above mentioned criteria. If you are found to fulfill the above criteria, then you are eligible to apply for NDA.
31st July 2016, 07:13 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA examination:

1. You must have done 10+2 from a recognized board. 10+2 board appearing candidates can also apply for examination. You are studying at present in standard tenth, you are applicable for this exam after two years.

2. If you eyesight is +3 in left then you are eligible for NDA exam in terms of medical fitness, because of maximum is +3.5 is allowed.

3. The age limit for unmarried male candidates is 16.5-19.5 years.

You will be eligible for this exam after two years.
31st July 2016, 09:30 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. The academic qualification required for this examination is senior secondary that is 12th from a recognized board. Even 12th board appearing candidates are also eligible for this examination. The age limit for NDA examination for candidates of all category is 16.5-19.5 years. No upper age relaxation is provided to candidate of any category.

The maximum hypermetropic eye allowed is +3.5. You have +3 in left eye. There is no problem, you can apply for NDA examination after 10+2. If you have any more query regarding this exam, you can visithttp://www.upsc.gov.in.
31st July 2016, 09:42 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

As, according to your educational qualification you are not eligible to appear for NDA examination.

The minimum educational qualification to appear for examination is 10+2 and age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Yes, you are also eligible to appear for examination as according to the eye vision as the maximum power should not be above +3.5. But, you have to control your weight as your are above the MBI. To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st July 2016, 10:27 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NDA/NA stands for National Defence Academy/Naval Academy. UPSC conducts NDA exam twice every year for recruitment of candidates into different wings of defence. The minimum academic qualification required for this examination is 10+2 passed or appearing from a recognized board. You can only apply for this exam after 10+2.

The age limit for this exam is 16.5-19.5 years. Only unmarried male candidates of India are eligible to apply for NDA exam. Your eyesight is fine and you will be eligible for joining defence if you clear written test and Service Selection board.
31st October 2020, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for NDA exam with 3 power in left and 0 in right eye?

I am one eyed till my birth,now I am pursuing btech mechanical engineering,my doubt is ,after my btech ,can I join drdo ?(medical board say I am unfit because of one vision less eye?)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?