6th August 2016, 04:44 PM
Shreyamanisha

B.Tech final year student can appear in GATE exam?

I have completed my diploma and now i am pursuing B.Tech final year, so am i eligible for gate exam? And what should i do to be eligible for gate exam after this?

6th August 2016, 07:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Tech final year student can appear in GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyamanisha View Post
I have completed my diploma and now i am pursuing B.Tech final year, so am i eligible for gate exam? And what should i do to be eligible for gate exam after this?
Yes, final year candidates are eligible for GATE exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department from a recognized University then, you are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam. You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years
6th August 2016, 08:55 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is an All-India examination jointly conducted by seven IITs and IISc Bangalore for offering admission to various Post graduate programmes in top institutes of India.

Eligibility Criteria required to appear in GATE examination is mentioned below :-

--> Candidates who have passed minimum three years Bachelor's degree in Science/ Engineering/ Technology from a Government recognsied university are eligible to appear in GATE examination.

--> Candidates who are pursuing final year of Bachelor's degree course are also eligible to appear in GATE examination.

As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you are pursuing B.Tech final year, so, you are eligible to appear in GATE examination.
6th August 2016, 09:17 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to appear in the GATE Entrance Exam:

A candidate must hold a Bachelor Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ pharmacy/ Architecture etc.

Final year students are also eligible to appear in this exam.

There is no upper age limit bar.

There is no limitation to attempt the exam.
6th August 2016, 11:52 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

GATE Stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.which is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology.

Yes candidate who are in the final year of can apply for GATE examination.

Eligible Criteria for appearing in GATE:-

->>You must be a B.E/B.Tech final year student or completed the degree course.

->>Diploma students are not eligible for attending the GATE exam.
7th August 2016, 09:16 AM
nayand1234

Yes final year students can definitely give the GATE exam which is an entrance exam to get admission for M.Tech in any college in the country,
It is also accepted by the IITs as an entrance exam, though you will haave to top to enter an IIT.
Also there are some other exams that you will have to give apart from the GATE that are conducted by deemed universities like NMIMS,VIT,MIT,SRM.
You will have to study in brief the 2nd and 3rd year syllabus of your graduate degree and thoroughly the elective you have chosen in the 4th year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?