13th January 2012, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IPS examination after passing 12th science?

i m in 12 in science stream can i apply for ips examination...please tell me the information

14th January 2012, 04:25 AM
Dilip Bista

Default Re: Can I apply for IPS examination after passing 12th science?

No you cannot . The eligibility criteria is graduation passed with any stream from any of the recognised university. My advice to you is start preparing for the exam and complete your graduation , for details you can also check www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
9th May 2012, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for the ips exam after complete the B.A with 48% marks.....
17th May 2012, 01:56 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m in 12 in science stream can i apply for ips examination...please tell me the information
No your not eligible to apply for IPS Examination , To apply for IPS Examination you should complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized University .

IPS stands for Indian Police Service . It's one of the Civil Service Examination which is conducted by UPSC Union Public Service commission for every year .

This IPS Examination may divided into Preliminary Examination / Main Examination and Interview . The Preliminary Examination is an Object type with multiple choice an it's consist of two papers General Studies and Optional Subject . This Preliminary Examination held during the Month of May/ June

The Main Examination consist of Indian Language , English Language , Essay , General Studies , Optional Papers . This Main Examination held during the Month of October / November .

If your qualified in all the three levels the you may call for an Medical test

Educational Qualification :- You should qualified in Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized University. There is No Minimum percentage of marks require for Civil Service Examination, If your qualified in bachelor degree then your eligible to apply for this Examination .

Note :- Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination . But the candidate should not having any backlogs in previous semester .

Age Limit :- Your age should be Not less then 21 years and Not more then 30 years and relaxation will applicable ,

-For SC/ST candidates :- 5 years
-For OBC candidates :- 3 years
-For Physically Challenged candidates :- 10 years .

You should be Physically as well medically fit for this IPS Examination , Physical fitness is mandatory to apply for the IPS Examination .

So, If your really interested to apply for IPS Examination then , First complete Bachelor degree in any discipline then only your eligible for IPS Examination .
17th May 2012, 08:36 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

> Sorry, you cannot apply for IPS while pursuing 12th class or after just passing 12th class. To apply for IPS, you must have completed graduation from a recognized University or equivalent.
>>> Introduction :
>> Name of civil service :
IPS (Indian Police Service)
>> Exam date :
Preliminary exam in 1st week of May & Main exam in 2nd week of October.
>> Conducted by :
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
>>> Eligibility Criteria :
1. Educational Qualification : You must have completed graduation from a recognized University or any equivalent.
2. Age limit : The age limit is 21 years to 30 years.
3. Number of Attempts :
Four attempts for open
Seven attempts for OBCs
No attempt limitation for SCs/STs.
4. Restriction on applying for the examination :
A candidate who is appointed to the Indian Administrative Service or the Indian Foreign Service on the results of an earlier examination and continues to be a member of that service will not be able to compete at this examination.
> Hope the above provided data will help you.
> For more details, visit www.upsc.gov.in
17th May 2012, 09:28 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to apply for IPS after passing 12th which you can apply after Graduation.

IPS - INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer one has to appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

Apart from this the candidate applying for IPS has to undergo a prescribed Physical Fitness standard.

So as you are interested for IPS, you can start your preparation accordingly along with regular studies after 12th and after completion of Graduation you will be eligible to apply for Civil Service exam for IPS.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th May 2012, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

SIR I HAVE PASSED MY 2 EXAM IN SCIENCE AND FULLY PREPARED FOR IAS EXAM DO I ELIGIBLE FOR THAT
8th June 2012, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

sir , i passed my 2 examination in non-medical stream..i want to become an IPS officier,then what i do now ?
11th May 2013, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for ips . I am a student of 12 and passed with above 60 % in exams
12th May 2013, 11:48 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

No, you cannot apply for IPS exam after just completing 12th because minimum qualification required to appear for IPS exams is Graduation from a recognized university.

IPS exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for IPS in Details:
Educational Qualifications for IPS :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in

2nd October 2013, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

Qualification's for engineering students to join ips
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?