25th December 2011, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I attend the NET exam this year after scoring 53% marks in M.Com?

i have done m.com with 53% marks. can i attend this net exam in year ?

30th December 2011, 07:38 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I attend the NET exam this year after scoring 53% marks in M.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

For candidates belonging to General category, the minimum percentage of marks required in master degree program, to take the National Eligibility Test is 55%, whereas for candidates belonging to Sc/St category, the required percentage of marks is 50%.

Since you have scored 53% in your masters degree program, you will not be considered unless you belong to Sc/St category.

The test is conducted by University Grant Commission and to know more about it, refer to the official website of UGC NET.
30th December 2011, 09:35 PM
Hours

Default Re: Can I attend the NET exam this year after scoring 53% marks in M.Com?

If you fall under reserved category than you may give away NET examination.

For general category

Post Graduation in the subject with at least 55%.

For other reserved category

There is 5% relaxation in marks
as
Post graduation with 50% marks from recognized university

age limit- no age limit.
30th December 2011, 10:29 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
NET stands for National Eligiblity Test and this examination is Conducted by UGC Twice in a year, The examination is Conducted in June and December Every year for this year Both NET Examination was completed and those who missed the chance this time, may apply for NET Examination in April 2012 for June NET Examination.

But to apply for NET Examination, You have to complete your post graduate degree course with minimum 55% marks from a recognised University, 50% is applicable for SC/ST Candidates, Final year appearing candidates are also apply for NET Examination.

If you are from General category, then you are not eligible to apply for NET Examination Because for General candidates Minimum 55% marks is Compulsory.

The examination fees of NET is Rs 450 and you have to pay the fees through Challan form in SBI Bank and then you are eligible to fill Online application Form. There are 3 Papers in NET Examination and all are conducted in same day, First 2 papers is Objective and Last Paper is Descriptive, You have to choose the subjects in NET on the Basis of Post graduation.

So, If you are General candidates, then you are Not eligible for NET Examination and for more Information check official website :

http://ugcnetonline.in
30th December 2011, 11:59 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

iThe National Eligibility Test (NET),conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC) to determine eligibility for
lectureship and
for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) .

The Test is conducted twice(months of June and December) in a year in Humanities (including languages), Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Sciences, Computer Science and Applications and Electronic Science like SET(State Eligibility Test).

Eligibility:
1:You should have Master Degree from a recognized University and Colleges,you can also apply for the exam if your Result Awaited category, if you are appearing or has appeared in your final year of M.Sc. or equivalent degree examination.

2:You have to secure minimum 55% of marks in your Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination
3:There is no age limit for applying for lectureship.

4:If you apply for Junior Research Fellowship ,your age should not more than 28 years.

For previous year papers visit:http://www.successcds.net/Entrance-E...on-Papers.html

for more details visit:http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/net.html#intro

www.ugcnetonline.in
31st December 2011, 12:56 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You have completed M.Com with above 53% exam so you are eliible for NET exam.

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.

UGC NET consists of three papers

1) General studies (50 objective questions)
2) Your optional paper (50 objective questions)
3) Your optional paper (Subjective questions)

Second paper will check only after qualifying the first paper and third paper will checked after qualifying the second paper.
31st December 2011, 01:19 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Eligibility for NET exam:-
1.One must have complete the post graduation with 55% aggregate from a recognized university.
For SC/ST the required percentage is 50%..

2.For lectureship-No upper age limit..
For JRF -The upper age limit is 28 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years.

3.One must be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility criteria you need to fulfill.
As you have secure 53% aggregate in M.Com course then you are not eligible for NET exam..
But if you are from SC/ST category then you will be able to appear in NET exam..

All the best.
31st December 2011, 04:32 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

NET Exam is conducted twice in a year i.e June & December.Every Post graduate can appear in this exam as after this He can apply for the post of Lecturership in various colleges But He must be at least 55 % marks in His post graduation.

As you Have only 53% marks in your M.com so you cannot appear in this exam.However if You are in a reserved category i.e Sc/St then only you can appear in it as for the reserved category only 50% marks are needed in the post graduation.

For more information visit to-

http://ugcnetonline.in
4th January 2012, 11:33 PM
SAMRAT2011
Member+

Eligibility criteria

1. Candidates must have at least 55% marks in the Master’s Degree or equivalent
examinanation in Humanities and Social Sciences, Computer Applications, Electronic Sciences etc. are eligible for this Test.

2. Candidates have to appear in the subject of their post-graduation
only.

3.Candidates must be Indian Citizen.

•So you are eligible for NET exam this year after scoring 53% marks in M.com.

All the best.
8th June 2012, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

i am showkat Ahmad lone from baramulla and have completed my post graduation in pol.science and have scored 50 % marks and belong from o.b.c catagory can i appear in NET examination 2012
26th April 2013, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

with 54.75 peRcent marks in ma part 1 english from vu dde can i apply for net exm?i m waiting for my part 2 rslt
26th April 2013, 05:31 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
with 54.75 peRcent marks in ma part 1 english from vu dde can i apply for net exm?i m waiting for my part 2 rslt
YES, you can apply for the NET exams that will be held in 30th June 2013

NET Exam is conducted for :
-Lecturership
-Junior Research Fellowships(JRF)

Educational Qualifications for the UGC-NET exams is:
Post Graduation pass
Minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation for the General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates

Age Limit:
Lectureship-No age limit
JRF- -maximum age to apply is 28 years
OBC/WOMEN/SC/ST candidates can apply till 33 years
25th May 2016, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

A candidate who has got 54.75 in M. A. and NET qualified is eligible for assistant professor ? Exactly 55 percent is needed or this can be rounded to 55 percent. Please reply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?