21st November 2010, 12:47 PM
Suman Dhar

Is domicile certificate required for admission?

Dear Sir,
We Are Living On The Border Of Gujarat Maharashtra. I Am Studying In Maharashtra From My Primary To 10th And Also Studying My 11th And 12th In Maharashtra. I Would Be Going To Appear For AIEEE, MHCET After 12th Board Exams. I Would Be Seeking Admissions For Computer Engineering In Mumbai. So Would there Be The Need Of Domicile Certificate For Admissions. We Are Resident Of Gujarat State From the Last 10 To 15 Years.

Thanks & Regards.
Eagerly Waiting For The Reply.

Related Questions:
  1. What does Domicile mean? How should I get the domicile certificate?
  2. Is it compulsory to have domicile certificate to take admission in Mumbai college?
  3. How to obtain the domicile certificate for MBA CET? How long it takes to obtain? From where to get the application form of domicile certificate?
  4. How could I get the Domicile Certificate?
  5. How Can I get domicile certificate of Maharashtra as I've completing my schooling upto 12th here? Can I get admission in government MBBS college without domicile certificate?
  6. Domiciles of A.P. eligible JIPMER 2010 or not?
  7. Whether UPSC accepts hand made domicile certificate or demands the printed one?
  8. If I have done my schooling in Lucknow can I get the domicile certificate? Is there any agent who can help in making the domicile certificate from Lucknow?
  9. Is domicile certificate demanded by private companies as well?
  10. Will there be any problem for me for IBPS exam, if got domicile from MP and SC caste certificate from Maharashtra? -- [New]
  11. How can I change my son's Domicle by Choice to Domicile by Birth? How may I get the entire procedure for the same?
  12. What documents are needed for domicile certificate of student if his father has expired?
  13. Which court should we apply for Domicile certificate? Which documents do they want?
  14. Do I need to renew my OBC certificate if my certificate is 1 year old? What all documents are required?
  15. Can I get a domicile certificate of a state on which we are living from many years whereas my birth certificate is from other state?
  16. Is domicile certificate necessary for admission in F.Y.B.E Automobile?
  17. Is domicile certificate required for admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. List of top 10 aided and unaided engineering colleges in Mumbai?
23rd November 2010, 06:56 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is domicile certificate required for admission?

Since you have done your education in Maharastra there should not be any requirement for a domicile certificate. But some colleges nowadays do ask for this certificate. This is to give preference to localites.
30th November 2010, 05:36 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

If your voter ID identifies the right domicile then you need not to proceed it,otherwise you need to proceed from lical office.

All the best.
1st February 2011, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

do we need to give MHT-CET for admission in genetic engineering or biotechnology?
3rd February 2011, 01:35 AM
aryabhatta

not always a domicile certificate is required in centralized universities like IIT or

NIT which take admission through common entrance test do not ask for

domicile while state universities like UPTU or state university of maharastra

ask for a domicile certificate
5th February 2011, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
We Are Living On Of Gujarat Maharashtra. I Am Studying In Maharashtra From 9th And Also Studying My 11th And 12th In Maharashtra. I Would Be Going To Appear For AIEEE, MHCET After 12th Board Exams. I Would Be Seeking Admissions For Computer Engineering In Pune. So Would there Be The Need Of Domicile Certificate For Admissions. We Are Resident Of Gujarat State From the Last 10 To 15 Years.

Thanks & Regards.
10th February 2011, 12:20 AM
ROOPA SAMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
We Are Living On Of Gujarat Maharashtra. I Am Studying In Maharashtra From 9th And Also Studying My 11th And 12th In Maharashtra. I Would Be Going To Appear For AIEEE, MHCET After 12th Board Exams. I Would Be Seeking Admissions For Computer Engineering In Pune. So Would there Be The Need Of Domicile Certificate For Admissions. We Are Resident Of Gujarat State From the Last 10 To 15 Years.

Thanks & Regards.
domicle certiicate is required only for the entrances conducted by state government..
you don't require any domicle certificate for entrance conducted by central government
6th March 2011, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
We Are Living in Maharashtra. I Am Studying In Maharashtra From My Primary To 10th And Also Studying My 11th And 12th In Maharashtra. I Would Be Going To Appear For MHCET After 12th Board Exams. So Would there Be The Need Of Domicile Certificate For Admissions. We Are Resident Of Maharashtra for last 17 years.
Thanks & Regards.
Eagerly Waiting For The Reply.[/QUOTE]
18th March 2011, 09:10 AM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
According to me -
Not always a domicile certificate is required in centralized universities like IIT or

ask for a domicile certificate.
Thanks.
All the best.
1st April 2011, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

mY SON PASSED IN MAHARASHTRA AND APPEARED FOR 12TH IN MAHARASHTRA AND BORN IN MAHARASHTRA. DOES HE REQUIRED DOMICILE CERTIFICATE
6th April 2011, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

I have born & passed my 9th std frm gujrat state then i have passed 10th,11th in Mumbai.Now i will appear MHT-CET Maharasthra.I have no domilce certificate of Maharashtra state,so instead of Domicile certificate of Maharashtra,which Certificate shoul i submit to college to get Admission in degree Engg College in mumbai?where that certificate i'll receive?please help me...
18th April 2011, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

i have just given my hsc do i really need a domicile certificate????
coz i dont have one and am just lookin for local colleges through mhcet.
i live in mumbai.... hoping to get admission in sp college (bhawans) andheri.....
do i need a domicile certificate??
plzz reply its urgent!!!
27th April 2011, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

i have studied my 1st to 10th std in pune now i will be taking admission for 11th in science or commerce stream. do i really need domicile certificate for admission as i dont have it and there are so many difficulties to get it. please do reply i need an urgent answer. thanks
27th April 2011, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

one of my aunts daughter has given ssc exam. she did her studies from 1st to 10th standard in pune in same school. i would like to ask if domicile certificate is really needed for admission for 11th std (FYJC) for science and commerce stream because they dont have the cerificate also aunt is house maid and dont have own house within a year or two she need to change her rented home. so please reply if domicile certificate is needed for admission for 11th std for science/commerce stream. also can you tell when is domicile certificate actual needed. please treat this as urgent. thanks and awaiting your early response.
27th April 2011, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

one of my aunts daughter has given ssc exam. she studied from 1st to 10th std in same school in pune. i want to ask that if domicile certificate is really needed for admission for FYJC (11th std) for science/commerce stream. aunt does not have the domicile certificate and also she is house maid and in a year or two she needs to change her rented house so cannot fulfill the criteria laid down for domicile certificate. can you please take this matter on an urgent basis and reply whether she can take admission for 11th std science/commerce stream without domicile certificate. also please tell when domicile certificate is needed and in this case how to get the domicile certificate where they are living in pune for more than 15 years but changed rented house in a year or two. thanks and awaiting your early response.
2nd May 2011, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

My daughter has given SSC exam this year. She born & brought up in maharashtra. Does she require a domicile certificate for getting admission in 11th Std?
I have domicile certificate. Will it help her for her admission?
18th May 2011, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

Is domicile certificate required for admission in Mumbai?

My son has given MHT-CET exam this year & he want get addmission in Engineering in Mumbai. Do he will be required to produce Domicile certificate? He is born in Mumbai, but he studided in Gujarat from 1st to 5th std. & 6th to 12th in Mumbai, were as i am residing contineously in Mumbai from last 25 years, do my son will get Domicle certificate of maharashtra?
19th May 2011, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

i hv juz completed ma 10th std would i need a domicile certiificate..??
19th May 2011, 07:59 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

YOu would need domicile certificate only if you are applying for any of the reservation , otherwise there is no need to show any domicile certificate.
21st May 2011, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

I am staying in Mumbai since last 30 years. Since last 20 years in Navi Mumbai. My son, who was born in Navi Mumbai want admission in F.Y.B.E. (Automobiles). Is domicile certificate necessary for admission?
22nd May 2011, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Is domicile certificate required for FYJC Admissions in mumbai , am a resident of Maharashtra and my daughter has passed 10th from ICSCE and what are the documents to procure a Domicile Certificate
26th May 2011, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

is domicile certificate required to take admission in f.y.j.c. and is it necessary to apply for fathers domicile certificate before sons domicile
26th May 2011, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

cet medical selection round wt the documents and certificate required for reservation candidate eg 2A 2B 3A 3B etc
27th May 2011, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

My son born brought up and studied in Maharashtra. Does he require a domicile certificate? I am staying in Maharashtra for last 28 years and I dont have a domicile certificate. Is this going to be big problem? Please reply me.
30th May 2011, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

is domicile certificate necessery for admission in colleges after 10th
31st May 2011, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

i completed my graduation from karnataka 12 years back. i am staying in maharashtra since 4 years. can i get the domicile certificate from pune to attend the entrance exam.
31st May 2011, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

I am student of 3rd (5th year course) year LL.B. in the Raisoni College, Nagpur (M.S). My birth was on 06-12-1990 in Kerala but I studied from Nursery to 10th and 12th and studying for LL.B in Nagpur only. I am having Election Identify Card, Bank Passbook, Unique Identity Card and also ration card and my family members are also having all such documents. My father is in Maharashtra from 1975 and an Advocate. Should I need DOMICILE CERTIFICATE FOR FURTHER HIGHER STUDIES SUCH AS LL.M., M.B.A OUTSIDE MAHARASHTRA? SWAROOP MAHESH, SREERAM APARTMENT, B-10 LAXMINAGAR, NAGPUR-440 022 (M:O9881380499).
2nd June 2011, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

wat all courses require domicile certificate.........????
also me studied 10 n 12 frm mh
2nd June 2011, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

I had just given SSC exam in Mumbai.I did Studies of 1 std to 8 std in Gujarat .Would I require Domicile certificate for f.y.j.c in Mumbai`
2nd June 2011, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

I am residing in mumbai since 20 years. my son born and completed X and diploma from mumbai. Is he required to produce domicile certificate . kindly clarify.
3rd June 2011, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

finished ssc in mumbai. waiting for results. is domicile necessary for joining junior college? studied in mumbai from lkg to ssc.
4th June 2011, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am student of (sixth sem,computer science diploma) govt. polytechnic college MP.
I would like to have information about admission for second year in engineering in nagpur
speciallygovt. college.
my mother's birth place is maharashtra& she studied their.
I sdomicile certificate is required.
my father have a MP state govt. service.
thank U & waiting for reply
4th June 2011, 06:12 PM
cool7prabhat

it not nessary........
8th June 2011, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Is domicile certificate required for admission for colleges in Maharashtra under Pune University since my daughter was seeking admission in FY Bcom and is asked to submit the domicile certificate even though the admission requested is in a general catogory. She has studied from LKG to 12th standard under the state curriculam and secured very high % of marks still so much tension and mental trauma to collect the domicile certificate.

Pl.advise me correctly is it absolutely essential ??
9th June 2011, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

sir my father is an army person and our mother land is uttrakhand but i have been studying in pune from last 6 years . do i need a domicle ??? please sir its urgent.
12th June 2011, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my 12 class with 85%marks in andhra pradesh,so need admission in the agriculture bsc , do i need domicile certificate.
12th June 2011, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

sir i am born in rajasthan and studied from primary till my ssc in mumbai..
do i need domicile certificate for admission in f.y.j.c?
eagerly waiting for your reply...
12th June 2011, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

i have just passed hsc and i am orphan and lives with grandparents,we live in rent and have to change our house always.i am born in maharashtra and stuided till 12th.my dad is maharashtran but he was'nt educated.it is impossible for me to get domicile certificate.i want to study in pune university.plz reply me as soon as possible.
13th June 2011, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

is it necessary to give MHT-CET for genetic engineering?
14th June 2011, 01:59 PM
amit gaur2065

If you belongs from MAHARASHTRA, and you have done your education in Maharastra then should not be any requirement for a domicile certificate. But some colleges nowadays do ask for this certificate. This is to give preference to localites., it requirea local persons.
26th August 2011, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

I am residding in uttrakhand since 1992. My childrens done Ist to graduation from uttrnkhand. Now how to get myson domicile certificate to get local employment?
26th August 2011, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

already submited
6th September 2011, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

do we need domicile certificate for admission in degree college in mumbai ?
i had born in mumbai in 1993 but my father are staying in mumbai since 1991.my father does not have domicile certificate.do i need do domicile for admission in degree college in mumbai.if yes than what is the procedure and what are the required documents???
2nd December 2011, 11:19 PM
ashwinreal

Iam a businessman in navimumbai. My son wants to appear in 2013 mh-cet .His birth place is in Kerala. But his education from Nursery to 11th is in Navi mumbai (CBSE BOARD).Does he require a domesile certificate to appear the entrance exam. IS A DOMESILE CERTIFICATE REQUIRED FOR AIEEE AND IIT-JEE EXAM.
26th December 2011, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,

My Birth Place in Maharashtra, & I live in gujarat after my birth yet now. My complete study in gujarat.
when, i will give any comperative exam ( GPSC, UPSC, Bank etc) then we need domicile certificate?

Please reply
31st December 2011, 02:14 PM
joblesswork

not always a domicile certificate is required in centralized universities like IIT or

ask for a domicile certificate
1st June 2012, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

I m a student of jharkhand i have got 91% in 12th this year from cbse board this year i have my all proofs of maharastra state like Ration card but my birth place is jharkhand .now want 2 take admission in mithibai do i require domicile certificate
16th July 2012, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

I have passed 12 th from west bengal . i have no domicile certificat , can i take admission in rajasthan against AIEEE quota in private college
31st July 2012, 01:48 AM
ab7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinreal View Post
Iam a businessman in navimumbai. My son wants to appear in 2013 mh-cet .His birth place is in Kerala. But his education from Nursery to 11th is in Navi mumbai (CBSE BOARD).Does he require a domesile certificate to appear the entrance exam. IS A DOMESILE CERTIFICATE REQUIRED FOR AIEEE AND IIT-JEE EXAM.
Hi ashwinreal

A domicile certificate is only required for the state CET exams. MH-CET in your case as you stay in Maharashtra.
IIT-JEE does now require a domicile certificate at all but needs 10th board, 12th board, passing certificate and migration certificate(in original) during admissions.

With AIEEE, it depends whether you take a seat through CCB for NITs, IIITs, BIT Mesra etc or take a seat in Maharashtra colleges through AIEEE score.
In the former case you will not need any domicile but for state colleges you will have to show a domicile certificate OR a birth certificate mentioning the place of birth of your son is in Maharashtra(which isnt the case).

So basically if you're looking to have your son study in Maharashtra, you will need to have his domicile certificate. His domicile certificate can also be made if either of the parent are a domicile of Maharashtra. Also you must enquire with your school if they can help you with making of the domicile as they will have the proof in their records that your son has been in Mumbai since birth.

Good luck
4th September 2012, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

my friend complete MCA now he want domicile certi for gujarat goverment but in bonofide birth date (in 1st to 4th class) is diffrent compere to (Leaving Certi and from 5th standerd to MCA). which birthdate is right??? he also donot the real birthdate. what is way to get domicile ???
please sir help
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?