16th October 2011, 08:34 PM
Jitheswari

Can I opt for M.Phil in Carnatic music through correspondence? What is the procedure to join the course?

Respected sir/Madam,

My name is Jitheswari ( M.A. carnatic Music) from Sri sathguru sangeetha vidhyalayam Madurai.affiliated to Madurai Kamarajar university.I done with my course on 2003 and worked in school for 3 years .Now after 8 years of gap i would like to resume my course . I would like to do M.Phil in carnatic music now. since iam in the family way I cannot join a regular cousre, so I opt to do my M.Phil. course in correspondence . Can I do my course in this university?If yes, then what is the procedure to join the course? what would be the time duration and fee for the course?
Please send me the reply in detail to my mail id.

Thanking you,

yours sincerely,
Jitheswari.

Related Questions:
  1. Details regarding Ph.D in Carnatic music-Violin?
  2. Eligibility criteria to pursue Masters in Carnatic Music (Vocal) in abroad?
  3. Doctorate or PhD which one would be better to specialize in Carnatic Music(Instrumental Violin)?
  4. What is the syllabus of Carnatic Music Vocal Diploma? -- [New]
  5. Procedure and entrance exam for M.Phil?
  6. Details of Universities offering diploma course in Carnatic music by distance education in English or Tamil medium?
  7. How to join Annamalai University after completing degree in MBA? Procedure to join the M.Phil?
  8. Is there any entrance to join M.Phil? What is the procedure to join the course?
  9. List of colleges for M.Phil degree through correspondence in visakhapatnam? What's the eligibility criteria, fee structure and course duration?
  10. Procedure to join for MTECH correspondence course? Mtech correspondence program providing colleges in Bangalore. -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Is there any possibility for me to pursue M.Phil course in Correspondence being a candidate having done MA in History and M.Ed?
  12. How to do M.Phil from university through correspondence after qualifying M.A B.ed with SSD/Punjabi? Which university is offering M.Phil in correspondence?
  13. Where can i do course in abroad for Hindustani Music through correspondence?
  14. Guidance to join M.Phil in Correspondence after completion of MCA course?
  15. Pursuing PhD along with correspondence M.Phil?
  16. Recognised university for correspondence M.Phil/PhD in English?
  17. Where a PhD holder can get admission in M.Phil?
  18. Procedure for joining M.Tech correspondence course? Universities in uttarkhand offering the course?
11th March 2019, 04:40 PM
S.Panicker

Default Re: Can I opt for M.Phil in Carnatic music through correspondence? What is the procedure to join the course?

Jitheswari,
Annamalai University is the only university which has a correspondence prog in MPhil for music. It is a one and a half year course and a pass in Master's Degree in M.A. Music/M.Music/M.F.A. Music/Master of Performing Arts in Classical Music with a minimum of Second class securing at least 55% of the aggregate marks or in an examination recognised as equivalent, is the basic criteria to apply.
The application process is available online if you can not visit the university and the details to the fees and procedures will be disclosed once you register online.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?