29th September 2017, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

Can I write 10th public exam directly without giving 9th standard in India?

Can I write 10th public exam directly without giving 9th standard in India? Can you please let me know the procedure followed for the same? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon on this. Awaiting for your kind response. Thanks!

29th September 2017, 10:20 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write 10th public exam directly without giving 9th standard in India?

No, you can't write 10th public examination directly without giving 9th standard. To be eligible to apply for 10th standard public examination, you should have passed 9th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board. So, if you have not pursued 9th standard, you need to pursue 9th standard and then 10th standard to be eligible to apply for 10th standard public examination.
29th September 2017, 10:43 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write 10th public exam directly without giving 9th standard in India?

You can write 10th public exam directly and skip your 9th final exam but only in few schools.

Reputed schools will not allow you to skip 9th standard.

If you are studying in CBSE Board, then according to guidelines you cannot skip 9th standard as it is the base of 10th standard.
30th September 2017, 07:12 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to appear for tenth board examination directly without studying ninth standard. The registration for secondary board examination is done in ninth standard. Without registration, candidates can not directly appear for board exams.

You will have to study ninth standard and register for board exams with your desired subjects.
30th September 2017, 09:25 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You can not write 10th board examination directly without giving ninth standard examination in India.

The requirements for 10th board examination:

Academic qualification: Candidate must have studied upto ninth board and registered for tenth board exam then only you can apply for board exam of 10th.
30th September 2017, 09:30 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes you can right Class 10th public ( i.e; board ) examination without pursuing your Class 9th but in that case you will have to appear in the same examination through open board as in case of regular board of education the registration process for Class 10th examination is basically done in the Class 9th and hence one cannot skip his/her Class 9th.

Further I would also like to let you know that if you opt for open board to appear in your Class 10th board examination then you should go for the option of NIOS ( National Institute of Open Schooling ) as it is a national board and hence its degree is accepted everywhere.
30th September 2017, 01:37 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria required to apply for 10th public examination:

1. You must have studied upto ninth standard from a recognized board.

2. You should have passed 9th board exam to appear for tenth board examination.

It clearly means that prior registration for board exam is necessary. None can appear for tenth board exam without giving 9th standard in India.
30th September 2017, 06:08 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you can not write 10th public examination directly. You have to first pass 9th examination because in the 9th standard registration of students is held.

Full Procedure:-

Firstly take re-admission in 9th standard.

Then in the month of september registration of all students of 9th standard is held.

After completion of 9th standard examination, you have to qualify this exam. If you have failed in this exam then you have to write 9th examination again.

After qualifying 9th standard examination, you will be promoted to 10th standard.
30th September 2017, 06:50 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can not write tenth public examination directly without giving 9th standard board examination and passing it.

In Indian System of Education, it is mandatory for any candidate who wants to appear for board examination of 10th to study ninth standard, no escape from ninth standard can be provided to any candidate.
3rd August 2019, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

I have failed my class 10 from Kerala state several years back. Is there any way I can rewrite it?
30th August 2019, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to change my school in 9 class
9th April 2020, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

i am passed in 9th standard i write directly 10th public. is it possible
19th April 2021, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I skip 9th std and appear in 10th std because of emergency?
3rd August 2021, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I change my school after 9th grade, i am cbse?
If yes, what is the procedure.
2nd March 2022, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

My son is studying in 9th standard in Oxford school Kandivali mumbai and we have shifted to Nasik permanently so can he join any school in Nasik for 10th standard and attempt 10th standard exams or can he attempt thru correspondence
11th June 2023, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

I have study 6th only I want to pass to pass sslc exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?