14th February 2012, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Can a physics, chemistry and biology student join the merchant navy?

can a physics chemistry and biology student join the merchant navy... and how????? sachin tomar

17th February 2012, 06:39 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a physics, chemistry and biology student join the merchant navy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can a physics chemistry and biology student join the merchant navy... and how????? sachin tomar
Mathematics, along with Physics and Chemistry, is compulsory in the Higher Secondary level, in order to be pursue courses in Marine Engineering and Nautical Sciences or even to join as an Deck Cadet on the basis of +2 qualification.

Merchant Navy, apart from the Engineering Department and Navigation Department, also comprise of General Purpose Rating and to be eligible for this mode of entry, having qualified Class-X examination with a minimum of 40% marks is enough.

The General Purpose Rating comprise of:
Deck Rating
Engine Room Rating
Catering Crew
16th March 2012, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can a physics, chemistry and biology student join the merchant navy?

can a bio student can apply merchant navy
12th May 2012, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

Please can you tell me that a biology student can join merchant navy???
its very important for me to know please.......
21st May 2012, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

can anyone tell me tat a biology student can join merchant navy i m 19 yrs old 5'10 height
6th December 2012, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

can a bio student join merchent navy?
13th December 2012, 11:17 PM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Can a physics, chemistry and biology student join the merchant navy?

Hi Friend,

Merchant Navy, apart from the Engineering Department and Navigation Department, also comprise of General Purpose Rating and to be eligible for this mode of entry, having qualified Class-X examination with a minimum of 40% marks is enough.

Mathematics, along with Physics and Chemistry, is compulsory in the Higher Secondary level, in order to be pursue courses in Marine Engineering and Nautical Sciences or even to join as an Deck Cadet on the basis of +2 qualification.

Cool Thanks...
30th March 2013, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

can i join indian navy and marchent navy with pcb....
17th April 2013, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

am shubham singh from pratapgarh U.P. can i apply merchant navy with PCB. i have passed high school, after high school with 56 perc.can i apply..................
plez give me better sugestion.
6th June 2013, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

i am eligile for merchant navy, with sub pcb
22nd March 2014, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

When child opt bio in 12th then he/she also join merchant navy
9th June 2015, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

Can i join merchant navy after 12th with physics chemistry anbiology? I am vishal hoge from dewas in Madhya Pradesh
11th July 2019, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

I am a biology student. With 78% in 10 board. Am I eligible for merchant navy job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?