1st March 2018, 02:22 AM
Unregistered

Can we appear for NEET exam if we are between 17 to 25 years old?

Can we write NEET exam while still being in class 11th? Because the limit to write NEET is 17 to 25 years of old. Is it correct? So, I fall under this age category but, still not passed my 12th. So, will I be able to sit for the exam?

4th March 2018, 12:09 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we appear for NEET exam if we are between 17 to 25 years old?

No, you are not eligible to appear in NEET examination without passing 12th standard even if you are in the age range of 17 to 25 years. To be eligible to apply for NEET examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCB stream from a Government recognised board. The age limit required to apply for NEET examination is 17 to 25 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. Since, you have not completed 12th standard, you are not eligible to apply for NEET examination.
4th March 2018, 04:42 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You will be eligible to write NEET entrance test after completing 12th. Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply. But if you are in 11th and want to appear then you are not eligible after completing age criteria also.
4th March 2018, 06:43 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same is a national level entrance examination which is held by CBSE once every year for offering admission in undergraduate medical degree courses in any medical college across India except AIIMS and JIPMER.

--> The basic eligibility criteria required for appearing in NEET are as following :-

* You must be an Indian citizen with your age not lying under 17 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination. Also, your maximum age should not exceed 25 years by the date of examination. Further, there is provision of age relaxation of 5 years for reserved category candidates.

* You must have completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks ( or 40% marks in case of reserved category candidates ) from a recognized board of education. Students appearing in their Class 12th board examination are also eligible.

Now, as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in NEET by satisfying the age criteria only then I would like to let you know that you are not eligible for appearing in NEET unless you get into the final year of your higher secondary school degree i.e; Class 12th, as you need to satisfy the basic educational requirement for the examination too.

For more details regarding NEET you can refer to its official link i.e; www.cbseneet.nic.in.
4th March 2018, 11:42 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria:

Academic qualification: 12th passed or appearing for board examination.

Important subjects are Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. You should have at least 50 % marks in board exam.

You can not apply for exam while studying in 11th standard.
10th March 2018, 02:11 PM
randhirk.rk

The minimum educational qualification required to apply for NEET Exams is senior secondary board passed or appearing for 10+2 board examination with biology stream(Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in 10+2. Minimum of 50% marks in 12th is required to apply for MBBS course.

The age limit for MBBS course is 17-25 years. If your age after completion of Bachelor of Science course is within this limit then you can surely apply for the examination of MBBS course. It is called NEET examination. NEET is conducted by CBSE for MBBS and BDS course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?