27th February 2016, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to have science group in 11th to join Merchant Navy? Does height matters for this?

Sir, i am of grade 9. I am interested to join merchant navy after 12. So, is it compulsory to choose science group in 11th or will it be enough of commerce? Does height matter for this??

27th February 2016, 04:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to have science group in 11th to join Merchant Navy? Does height matters for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i am of grade 9. I am interested to join merchant navy after 12. So, is it compulsory to choose science group in 11th or will it be enough of commerce? Does height matter for this??
No, Commerce students are not eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Those candidates who have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school are eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.
27th February 2016, 08:40 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to have science group in 11th to join Merchant Navy? Does height matters for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you must opt for science group in your 11th standard.

Then only, you can apply for JEE Main Exam followed by JEE Advanced Exam.

These exams are gateway to Merchant Navy course.

In order to get jobs in Merchant Navy, you will have to pursue either of the courses mentioned below:
  • B.Tech Marine Engineering
  • Diploma in Nautical Science
  • MBA Shipping and Logistics
  • B.E Marine Engineering
  • B.Sc Nautical Science
  • M.E Marine Engineering
  • B.Tech Naval Architecture and Ship Building

Minimum payout or salary of graduates of TS Chanakya or MERI is approximate Rs.10k to Rs.15k per month. However, the candidates who work abroad get monthly salary of upto $1500 to $2500.
11th May 2016, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

i completed my b.pharm in 2013 currently iam working in medical coding field , now i want DI previous question paper and when you are plan for upcoming notification for DI , please answer my question through mail ( [email protected] )
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?