31st May 2012, 05:27 PM
stmenon

Which degree course is more suitable between B.Com and BMS?

Pl advise which Degree course between B Com and BMS more suitable if a student would like to go for MBA,later

5th June 2012, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which degree course is more suitable between B.Com and BMS?

which course is better B.Com or BMS?
6th June 2012, 02:00 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. This is a 2 year Management related course being offered by number of colleges, B-Schools and IIMs all over India.

This course is in good demand in these days as Companies recognized the importance of effective management for very long term survival of the organization.

BMS stands for Bachelor of Management studies.

This course came into existence 10 years back and being offered by good number of institutes all over India,

This course is been launched by Mumbai University.

As per your query, I suggest you to opt for BMS course rather than joining B.Com course at your Graduation level in order to join MBA course later.

Because the course curriculum of BMS course will impart you the knowledge regarding current business.

Such a kind of knowledge will not be provided to you in your B.Com course.

Good Management skills are also being imparted to the candidates in BMS course.

Start preparing for any of the Entrance Exam for MBA course from the 2nd year of your Graduation.

Here are some of the popular Entrance Exams for MBA course
-CAT
-MAT
-GMAT etc.

I suggest you to have good preparation for CAT Exam so that you have a chance to get admission for this course in IIMs and B-Schools which are the top colleges for MBA course.

Have good preparation to the Entrance Exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
6th June 2012, 02:04 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

B.Com will always be a good option as you can give the CPT exam and try for C.A.
Then again students mostly these days goes for MBA as its in high demand. So going for BMS can be equally helpful as quite a number of colleges offers this degree these days.

So the choice is yours. prepare hard. Good luck
6th June 2012, 02:52 PM
hemant.pm2212

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmenon View Post
Pl advise which Degree course between B Com and BMS more suitable if a student would like to go for MBA,later
As you are focusing at MBA so, I would request you to go for BMS rather than Bcom because BMS has been framed to meet the current business demading syllabus whereas, Bcom is traditional commerce subject. If you join BMS then you may find MBA bit familiar.

Best of luck
19th July 2012, 11:15 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

If you have already decided to do MBA further, then you should go for BMS because it provides you more knowledge about business and you can get good experience while studying MBA.
28th July 2012, 08:09 AM
Unregistered

What type of job oppurtunity is there after bms and what is the starting salary
25th May 2013, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

rather than Mba what else course are available aftr completing degree wid BMS? ??
11th March 2014, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

i am a 12th standard student, can i do bms course along with my b.com,if yes can you please let me know the procedure towards it.
11th June 2014, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

I hav scored 70 percent in hsc this year......I m confused should u take bms or bcom......plzz help I hav no knowledge about all these fields so wat should I choose ......I hav to do mba wat will be tha better option?
15th April 2016, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

no you cant do 2 undergraduate course at one time. You can opt for diploma courses in marketing offered by mumbai university . all the best
25th June 2017, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Please suggest which course is better if i want to get Best Buiseness knowledge. whther i choose BMS or B.com please suggest..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?