25th May 2010, 02:17 PM
khaneesh

Different between Civil's and Group Exam? Subjects to be preferred for Civils exam?

Is civils and groups different?can we write groups exam if we prepare for civils which subject to prefer?

thanks

23rd April 2011, 10:24 PM
prashant.jha39
Member+

Default Re: Different between Civil's and Group Exam? Subjects to be preferred for Civils exam?

yes civils and group's exam are two different things........civils is conducted by UPSc for filling up seats under the central government for both grade a and B cadre and for more information about this you can visit the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
and groups is conducted by each state for filling up the state government posts in the grade A and B cadre....and the notifications for this are released by each state separately from time to time
24th April 2011, 09:43 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Different between Civil's and Group Exam? Subjects to be preferred for Civils exam?

hi..
the group exam are the state level examination conducted by the state public commission to select candidates for the administration jobs at the state level where as the civil services exams are conducted by the upsc for the selection of IAS officers,
if you want to prepare for the civil services exam then the list of the subject which you can choose are available at the website www.upsc.gov.in
you can make your selection from there ,also you should be above 21 years of age and below 30 to be eligible for the exam and also you should be an graduate passed out or in the final year of your graduation
24th April 2011, 12:00 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

yes, there is differences.
please go here you can see the list of optionla subjects for civil exam.
http://www.upsc.gov.in/general/civil.htm#CS (Main)
7th June 2011, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

how many subjects to be selected for the civil exam in the list of optional subjects
12th June 2011, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

I am a M.A. Post Graduate, and I would like to know what subjects i should adopt to write/ appear in the group exams. which group i should prepare.
when are the Exams conducted in an year? Is there any chance for me to appear this year. please let me know.
25th August 2011, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

If qualifying preliminary exam we can get job or Qualifying both preliminary & mains pls tell me
5th September 2011, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

sir,shall i write civils mains optional subjects in telugu?
16th September 2011, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Different between Civil's and Group Exam? Subjects to be preferred for Civils exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how many subjects to be selected for the civil exam in the list of optional subjects
upsc changed the syllabus now there is no choice of subjects.if u want to know more about this then go to upsc website
www.upsc.gov.in
8th October 2011, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

Now iam studying b.tech first year electronics and communications,which subject i want to take as optional subject
10th January 2012, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

is it necessry to take coaching for IAS?
10th January 2012, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

is it necessary to get coaching for group exams?
21st April 2012, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Now iam studying b.tech first year electronics and communications,which subject i want to take as optional subject

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/different-between-civils-group-exam-subjects-preferred-civils-exam-14950.html#ixzz1sgUxANAb
11th May 2012, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

sir, the person who wrote group1 exam is eligible for civil services?
18th April 2013, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

Sir. How many times we write the group and civil exam
8th May 2013, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

Sir whats the different between civils and groups if we takr coaching for civils we can simultaneosly prrpare group is subjects r equal
8th May 2013, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Sir whats the different between civils and groups if we takr coaching for civils we can simultaneosly prrpare group is subjects r equal
16th May 2013, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

sir i completed mba recently now i want to prepare for group2 exam. coaching is necessary for that?if not pls tel me the tips for best preparation and books to be preffered pls?
5th March 2014, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

iam bds graduate i am intersted in group 1 please give suggestion about what to study and how to study
1st May 2014, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

difference between groups and civils? and which posts are includedin these two
13th June 2015, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

Is there any difference between civils syllabus and group1 syllabus? If we take coaching for civils is it useful for group 1?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?