28th March 2023, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

EligibilityI did my bachelors in mathematics and masters in data science. Am I eligible for UGC NET?

I did my bachelors in mathematics and masters in data science. Am I eligible for UGC NET?

29th March 2023, 12:27 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: EligibilityI did my bachelors in mathematics and masters in data science. Am I eligible for UGC NET?

To be eligible to take UGC NET exam , the candidate must hold master's degree in relevant subject with atleast 55% marks from a recognised board .
The age limit for JRF is 30 years for General category and for Assistant professor there is no age limit .
Those who are persuing Masters course or are waiting for their result are also eligible.

Thus you are eligible to take UGC NET exam.
Provided you fulfill other eligibility criteria as well.
Candidates belonging to OBC , SC, ST are provided relaxation of upto 5 years.
Those with research experience will also be provided relaxation .
29th March 2023, 04:28 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: EligibilityI did my bachelors in mathematics and masters in data science. Am I eligible for UGC NET?

The minimum eligibility criteria to apply for this exam is that you must have completed a Master's degree with at least 55% of marks from any recognized University or Institute.

If you satisfy the above eligibility criteria, then you are eligible for the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?