6th June 2011, 12:22 AM
Aditya kale

Full procedure to be an IAS officer after 10th? Any exam to be given after 10th?

I want to know a full proceddure to be an IAS officer after 10th.Is there any exam given after 10th to make career easier

7th June 2011, 02:53 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Full procedure to be an IAS officer after 10th? Any exam to be given after 10th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya kale View Post
I want to know a full proceddure to be an IAS officer after 10th.Is there any exam given after 10th to make career easier
Firstly I have to Inform You that, the IAS examination is conducted by UPSC every year. And 10th students are not eligible to apply for IAS examination.

To apply for IAS examination, you need to complete your graduation, Because graduation is the minimum eligiblity to apply for IAS examination.

To become IAS officer, you need to appear for UPSC Civil services examination and this examination was held 2 times in a year and this examination was held in 2 stages, First Preliminery examination and Other Main Examination. And if you have clear both the examination then you have to appear the final Interview and then you will become IAS officer.

But to appear in this examination Your age should between 21 to 30 years. The general candidates will not get any relaxation on Age, The age relaxation is only applicable for SC, ST and OBC Candidates.

And the General candidates will gets only 4 attempts in this examination and OBC will get 7 and no limits for SC, ST candidates in Civil services examination. So, i will suggest you, please complete your graduation first and then apply for IAS examination. And if you want to get complete information regarding IAS Examination, then please visit the official website of UPSC -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th June 2011, 05:16 PM
frooty.scooty

Default Re: Full procedure to be an IAS officer after 10th? Any exam to be given after 10th?

You are not eliginle for IAS exam.

Eligibilty:

You need to complete your graduation.In that graduation you will secure minimum 50% of marks.

Age limit:21-30 years.

age relaxation for obc candidates is 5 years.
For ST/SC candidates age relaxation is 3 years.

No.of attempts for obc candidates is 7
for general category 4 attempts and
For st/SC candidates no limits.

For complete information visit WWW.upsc.gov.in
7th June 2011, 05:36 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi
my dear why so much hungry for this ......

First you complet you 12th class then go for graduation then you prepare your self well

yes criteria is:--

candidate must pass graduation or appear exam

age-21 to 30 general
5 years relaxation for sc/st/ph candidate
4 time attempts for general candidate

7 times for sc/st/ph

good luck.............
7th June 2011, 08:27 PM
dhani12345

Cool Re: Full procedure to be an IAS officer after 10th? Any exam to be given after 10th?

Firstly I have to Inform You that, the IAS examination is conducted by UPSC every year. And 10th students are not eligible to apply for IAS examination.

To apply for IAS examination, you need to complete your graduation, Because graduation is the minimum eligiblity to apply for IAS examination.

To become IAS officer, you need to appear for UPSC Civil services examination and this examination was held 2 times in a year and this examination was held in 2 stages, First Preliminery examination and Other Main Examination. And if you have clear both the examination then you have to appear the final Interview and then you will become IAS officer.

But to appear in this examination Your age should between 21 to 30 years. The general candidates will not get any relaxation on Age, The age relaxation is only applicable for SC, ST and OBC Candidates.

And the General candidates will gets only 4 attempts in this examination and OBC will get 7 and no limits for SC, ST candidates in Civil services examination. So, i will suggest you, please complete your graduation first and then apply for IAS examination. And if you want to get complete information regarding IAS Examination, then please visit the official website of UPSC -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th June 2011, 11:14 PM
Sachin Narayan

The very first thing is a candidate can apply for IAS or any f the civil services only after passing graduation.

You cannot apply for IAS just after 10 class. And there is no such exam for IAS after 10.

Eligibility Criteria for IAS:

1. Age: 21-30 years (relaxation is given to candidates of reserved category i.e for OBC candidates relaxation is of 3 years and for SC/ST candidates relaxation is 5 years.)

2. Educational qualification: Bachelors degree from a recognised university in any stream.

3. Gender: Both male and female candidates can apply for this.

4. Number of permissible attempts: Number of permissible attempts for general category is 4.

For candidates belonging to OBC category has 7 number of permissible attempts.

And for SC/ST candidates there is no limit.
8th July 2011, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

how to become ias officer through nda?
21st July 2011, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

what is the procedure in Preliminary examinations of IAS?
14th August 2011, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

if I take commerce as my stream then will it be ok for bachelor's degree
23rd August 2011, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

i want to do civil job n i have just completed my 12th and scored 65% so what will i do?
1st February 2012, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

I am not a graduate but i completed CA. Am i eligible for IAS?
8th February 2012, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

i scored 60 % in tenth . can i become an ias officer
8th February 2012, 06:57 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IAS - INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer one has to appear for the Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

But you can not write Civil Service exam after 10th. but if you are interested for IAS then you should start preparation for this very early.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having appeared for the final graduation degree exam or passed from any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years age. The upper age is relaxed for OBC category candidate up to 3 years and that for SC/ST/PH category up to 5 years, is eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT- Civil Service Aptitude Test- Preliminary exam which comprises of all objective tupe questions.

Civil Service Main Exam. which comprises of all subjective type questions.

Personal Interview.

With the above qualification criteria you can attempt this exam four times according to your age if you are a general candidate which is up to 7 attempts in case of OBC candidate and no such limits for SCC/ST/PH category candidates.

For more information you can log on to official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
9th March 2012, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

i.want.the.list.of.best.collages.in.banglore.local itiés.near.sarjapur
31st March 2012, 12:36 AM
Sumit tardani

Yaaa u can bcom an i.a.s officr if u cn trst on ur self.....self cnfidnce is most imp. For this. Do ur gradutin nd strt collecting knowldge abt current afairs nd g.k
27th March 2013, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirajen18 View Post
IAS - INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer one has to appear for the Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

But you can not write Civil Service exam after 10th. but if you are interested for IAS then you should start preparation for this very early.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having appeared for the final graduation degree exam or passed from any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years age. The upper age is relaxed for OBC category candidate up to 3 years and that for SC/ST/PH category up to 5 years, is eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT- Civil Service Aptitude Test- Preliminary exam which comprises of all objective tupe questions.

Civil Service Main Exam. which comprises of all subjective type questions.

Personal Interview.

With the above qualification criteria you can attempt this exam four times according to your age if you are a general candidate which is up to 7 attempts in case of OBC candidate and no such limits for SCC/ST/PH category candidates.

For more information you can log on to official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
but what to do after 10th????
24th May 2013, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

I TOOK HEG FOR BECOMING IAS OFFICER IS THAT GROUP CORRECT TO ME
30th November 2013, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

After 10th which group is best in inter for advantage in civils?
1st May 2016, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

I got 9.8 cgpa in tenth.I want to become an IAS officer.I am opting HEG group.is it a right group?and do I have other options if I fail to do civils...(like interior designing,business etc)reply me fast plzzz....
2nd May 2016, 05:12 PM
oswaal books

You can complete 12 successfully after that choose subjet which you are interested and complete you graduation and side by side prepare for civil exams. you definitely crack pre if your prepration is well.
17th May 2016, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

Iam 23.I passed 10 I got 65% in sslc board exam .after that I didn't go college because some financial problem.but now I wanted some degree course I don't know which course I should take please tell me sir.any diploma course or bcom bsc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?