21st August 2012, 03:44 PM
crazysense

How to become a professor in the university of commerce field? I am a CA final year student

Der sir,
i am a ca final student.and i am keen to become professor in university in commerce field and want to flourish our areas students.
please tell me the complete procedure for pursuing proffesor course..

2nd November 2012, 10:05 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a professor in the university of commerce field? I am a CA final year student

There is no specific course for the college lecturer. You need to have completed post graduation degree to be eligible for National Eligibility Test. In case you don't know, to become college lecturer you will have to appear for the National Eligibility Test by University Grants Commission.

Clearing this test would mean that you can apply for College Lectureship and PhD in government colleges. Minimum qualification to appear for the exam as I mentioned earlier is post graduation degree.

Unfortunately, Chartered Accountancy is not considered as post graduation course, therefore you can not appear for NET entrance exam. If you have completed a graduation course like B.Com which is generally pursued by candidates before applying for CA, then you must pursue M.Com.

After completing M.Com you will be able to apply for NET exam for commerce subject. Please note that your post graduation subject decides whether you can appear for commerce, Maths or any subject in NET Exam.

Eligibility

1. Only Indian nationals can apply.

Education

1. A post graduation degree from UGC recognized university.

2. At least 55 percent marks in post graduation.

3. SC/ST need 50 percent marks.

4. Final year students can also apply.

5. It is mandatory for final year students to submit their PG degree within 2 years of clearing NET exam.

Age Limit

1. The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

2. There is no age limit for lectureship.
28th December 2012, 02:39 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to become a professor in the university of commerce field? I am a CA final year student

I want to know whether I can become a lecturer in Commerce college. My M. Com percentage is 53.43. What more is required to be done by me to become a lecturer in Junior College.
13th June 2013, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,

Unfortunately I have cleared NET (Commerce) in June 2012 through off line mode but I am only C.A.& having B.COM Degree.Sir, I have read advertisement in newspaper (rajasthan Patrika & others also) that now C.A. are equivalent to Post Graduation & they are eligible for P.hd,NET & SET as per statement given by Deputy Secretary,AIU Dr. Veena Bhalla.Heavy number of universities have given C.A. as a status of Post Graduation & at the time of filing on line form also ugc is accepting C.A. as a P.G. degree.sir I would like to know sir any possiblity of getting e-certificate & I want to know what are the degrees which are equivalent to P.G.

KAPIL
KAPIL
30th November 2013, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a lecthurer in private college since 8 years i want a govt job as a proffesor i am b.com. m.com. pgdbm and mba (cont) so can i get govt job?
20th December 2013, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

What is the education procedure to become a professor in commerce feild after m.com?
2nd April 2014, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

i am a Chartered accountant with AIR 33 in CA Final and AIR 37 in CA IPCC. i want to become a lecturer. what more qualification is needed to pursue the same?
6th April 2014, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

I am doing mcom through private exams
whether I am eligible for appearing net exam
and in state level which exam I have to appear for
and what's is salary structure.
20th August 2014, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

I want to be a professor in commerce college. I am in Bcom first year.i have a doubt that weather I should do Mcom and than MFil or PhD. To be a professor. Orelse I should do B.ed with Bcom and than Mcom. To be professor.
5th June 2015, 02:09 PM
Sunit Sihag

Sir....it means there is no use of qualifying CA. Requirements are PG & then NET.....is there any extra advantage or other benefit of being CA for this purpose.

Waiting for your sooner reply

Regards,
Sunit Sihag
CA-Final
9th June 2016, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

How to become a professor in the university of commerce field ? ( plz explain from starting to end) plz plz give a full exploitation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?