19th September 2013, 10:51 PM
Prashant V H

How can I prepare for CDS? I have completed 2nd PU in science

Dear sir i hav cmpltd my 2nd pu in science n nw im dng BE...here is r the problem bcz of 1 subject tht s maths i got an year back...so i decided 2 nt wast an whole yr...insted of tht im plng to move wit cds exam preparation...n im too intrested in cds...including tht i wan do sm course so plz suggest me fr ths....

22nd May 2015, 12:17 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for CDS? I have completed 2nd PU in science

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services and the examination is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. CDS I for the year 2015 ended. The examination is conducted for the candidates who want to join the Defence services as an officer.

The eligibility criteria for the examination :-
* Candidates must have graduation degree from a recognised university.
* Candidates age and graduation discipline must be as according to wing :-
* IAF :- Age 19-22 years and gradaution in Mathematics or Physics.
* Navy :-Age 19-23 years and graduation in Mathematics or Physics.
* IMF :- Age 19-24 years and graduation in any discipline.
* OTA :-Age 19-25 years graduation in any discipline.

B.tech candidates are eligible for all the above. The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB. It is mandatory to qualify in each of them to move for the next stage and even for final recruitment.

If you fulfill the above criteria you can apply as I was unable to understand your query due to sms language used.

For any more query visit at www.upsc.gov.in. or you can leave query in a suitable language to our forum.
22nd May 2015, 06:45 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I prepare for CDS? I have completed 2nd PU in science

# It is good to know that you are quite serious in the preparation for CDS Examination at this early stage. It is the high time to start preparation for CDS Examination with effective strategy, proper planning, sincerity, strong determination and severe hard work.

# First of all, you should be well aware of prescribed syllabus, pattern of examination and difficulty level of question paper.

# You should make thorough study of NCERT books of standard 6th to standard 12th on subjects History, Economics, Geography, Indian Constitution, General Science, General Studies etc.

# Candidate should go through any local and national newspaper daily in order to be updated with current affairs.

# Must revise all the studied matter daily basis, weekly basis and monthly basis. As it helps you in better memorization and retention of studied matter.

# Allot some additional time on subjects/topics which are difficult for you.

# Monthly magazines for better preparation of examination are:

* Competition Success Review
* Pratiyogita Darpan

# Best books for the preparation of CDS Examination are:

* Arihant's Objective English
* Arihant's General Studies & General Knowledge
* Pearson Guide to English
* Quicker Maths by M. Tyra
* Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggrawal
* Reasoning Ability by R.S. Aggrawal
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?