23rd May 2013, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

How to join Merchant Navy directly after doing 3 years diploma in electrical engineering?

I have done 3 years diploma in electrical engineering. Now i want to join merchant navy directly without doing any course. Can it be possible?

Related Questions:
  1. How to join Merchant Navy after doing diploma in ECE?
  2. How to join Merchant Navy after completing diploma course?
  3. How can I join Merchant navy after passing BTech in Electrical engineering
  4. Can I join Merchant Navy being a candidate pursuing final year of EEE and at an age of 19 years? How to apply for Merchant Navy?
  5. What can I do to join Merchant Navy after diploma in electrical?
  6. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  7. How to join Merchant Navy after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Can I join B.E in electrical engineering for Indian Air Force or merchant navy after diploma in mechanical engineering
  9. How to join Merchant Navy after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  10. How can I join merchant navy after diploma in electrical engineering -- [New]
  11. Can I join Merchant Navy directly after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  12. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy?
  14. Which colleges are good for Merchant Navy? How is the scope in it? Eligibility criteria for a Marine Engineering after diploma? What is the fee structure?
  15. Can I join Merchant Navy after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  16. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  17. How can I join Merchant Navy after doing B.Tech in electrical engineering
  18. Joining Merchant Navy as Electrical Officer after Diploma EEE? Is there any free entrance exam?
18th July 2013, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to join Merchant Navy directly after doing 3 years diploma in electrical engineering?

how can i join merchant navy, i am doing electrical engineering 3rd year ???
18th July 2013, 02:48 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to join Merchant Navy directly after doing 3 years diploma in electrical engineering?

hai,

Merchant Navy is a programme which undergoes in ships for transporting vessels,cargo,liner,tankers,carriers as well as other special types of vehicles.

It is possible to join Mechant Navy after completing diploma course but after completing 2 years long pre sea training.The name of the course is Presea Training for Diploma Holders.There are several universities in India that are offering this course to the diploma holder.I should make it clear that this is the only way if you want to join Merchant Navy.

You can join the merchant navy in two ways. There is Deck Cadet job for you to apply.The salary won't be great but good enough.Don't expect six digit figure for salary.

Candidates who have completed B.Tech in Electrical/Mechanical/Technology are also eligible for several officer level jobs in Merchant Navy.However such candidates will have to undergo through a 9 months log Pre-Sea Course in Marine Engineering from MERI.

Post in Merchant Navy for which you can apply

1.Deck Cadets Post
2.Navigating Officers Post

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidates wishing to enter the navigational and engineering fields of Merchant Navy need to complete their B.Sc. degree in mechanical or marine engineering, before they can gain admission to the field. In some cases, students who have completed their 12th with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) are eligible to join as Deck Cadets. Navigating Officers - Candidates will need to obtain a Certificate of Competency, as per the regulations in India relating to the examinations of Masters and Mates. Conducted by the Ministry of Surface Transport, in association with the Directorate General of Shipping (DGS) Mumbai, the examinations help determine the promotion prospects for the officers.

Candidates should be complete 12th with (PCM) or Diploma in Mechanical or Marine or Electrical and Electronic Engineering or Naval Architecture or Electrical Engineering.

At least 50% of marks in Diploma course.

You should also score 50% of marks in English at 10th,12th or Diploma course

Unmarried male and female candidates are eligible for this exam.

Physical Eligibility for joining Merchant navy as Decl Cadet:

candidates should be physically fit.

Eye sight: 6/6

Height: 167 cms

Weight: 50 kg

Chest: 77 cm (Normal)/ 82 cm(Expanding)

Selection Process:

Written test and Interview.

you should pass the medical fitness test for the sea services

For pursuing career in Merchant Navy, there are four training government institutes:

1. Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai

2. Marine Engineering & Research Insitute(MERI), Kolkotta

3. Marine Engineering & Research Insitute(MERI), Mumbai

4. Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies & Research, Mumbai

regards...santhosh.........
27th November 2013, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

I am apearing 2 .i want to join M N by B teck
24th January 2014, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

sir, I am doing diploma in electrical eng,, what i can MN course
21st May 2014, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

I want to join merchant navy after diploma in civil engg. Is this possible?
21st July 2014, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my 12th , my age is 22, can i have any chance to join in merchant navy...??
14th August 2014, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

sir i am diploma holder with electrical and now i want to join marchentnavy so plz sir can you guide me in this field
13th December 2014, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

I'm diploma holder in electronics communication field.. I would like to join merchant navy. Is there any possibility plz guide me
1st December 2015, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

How to joint merchant navy after doing dilpom in mechanical engineering ?
25th January 2016, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

I completed diploma in mechatronics. And I prefer to join merchant navy.it is not only my wish, it is passion and ambition so I would like to join in merchant navy. But here, don't know how I can join in merchant navy. I have to join merchant navy and I have to grow up my career with this. I suppose to be there in merchant navy because that is what my ambition. Without earnings we cannot survive in this world. So I choosed this way and I have to finish my responsibilities. Please find me a answer for this and solve me my doubts about how to join merchant navy after completed diploma in mechatronics engineering...
22nd April 2017, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my diploma course in computer engineering is their any way to join the merchant Navy and age limit for diploma holders.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?