25th August 2011, 05:12 PM
vishnuharisankar

How to prepare for GATE?

can you guide me how to prepare for gate.please give some tips also.
Thanks

25th August 2011, 07:05 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE?

Here Iam providing information regarding GATE:

The first step of preparation starts with knowing the syllabus and then familiarizing with all the relevant subject topics. Selective study should be avoided so that you can score good marks in GATE.

The next step is to solve every single questions thereby you get a good practice and can make sure that you can solve any similar problem when it comes in the entrance exam. Systematic study will always help you. The choice of books for preparation is an important factor and some of the books you could refer to are as following:

Mathematical Logic: Discrete Mathematics by Tremblay Manohar, Probability , statistics and queuing theory " by S.C.Gupta & V.K.Kapoor
* Numerical Methods: S.S. Sastry
* Formal Language and Automata Theory: Formal Languages and Automata theory", J.D.Ullman etal
* Analysis of Algorithms and Computational Complexity: Introduction to algorithms" - Cormen etal" Computer Algorithms" - Horowitz and Sahani
* Digital Logic: " Digital Logic circuits and Design " by Morris Mano
* Computer Organization: " Computer Organisation " by Morris Mano

Some Other Important books
“Multiple choice questions” - Timothy. J. Williams, TMH publications
" Gate Question Papers” - G.K.Publishers
20th September 2011, 04:56 PM
hrushi614

hi friend,

GATE exam is good for doing P.G courses but there is a lot of competetion. So you have to work hard.

You have to study your suject throughly and you have time means better you join coaching centers.

ACE is in hyderabad is a better coaching cetntre
21st September 2011, 01:05 AM
peterpan10
Senior Member+

For GATE self study is best.But you have to study some reference books.Here I'm giving you some name of the books for you.

1.G.K.Publishers
2.GATEFORUM study material
3.CONVOLUTION study material

You can also collect other study materials from your friends.
26th May 2012, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

i am always a failure student till now but my aim is too big to crack gate with good rank. i am defeated player of grond so i have nothing to loose.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?