15th January 2016, 08:35 AM
manish1416491

How to prepare for GATE exam while am in college second year now?

Please give me a complete detail of my question. give me syllabus of gate? and previous question paper.? Can you give me the materials soon as I need to prepare well for the exam and get the admission in good college to my PG course.

15th January 2016, 01:33 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE exam while am in college second year now?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and the examination is conducted by IIT or IISc Banglore.

To appear for examination candidates must have minimum B.tech or B.E degree from any recognised university.

You have to start preparation from now to qualify in examination, so you need to go through the syllabus of your B.tech course. Other than this you have to also practice on quantitative aptitude.
15th January 2016, 04:05 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test of Engineering.
It is conducted every year jointly for admission in Indian Institute of Science(IISc) and seven Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) colleges.
GATE score is also used to get admission in postgraduate courses in other private institutions.
GATE score is valid up to 3 years from the date of announcement of result.
GATE-2016 will be conducted by IISc Bangalore.

To qualify in GATE score, it is very important to study according to the syllabus provided and must solve previous year question paper which help you to know about the type of questions being asked in the examination.
Students must participate in Mock test before the examination which is provided on website of GATE to test their preparation.
GATE 2016 is going to held from 30th January to 7th February while registration process and all other were concluded already.
So, students will have to wait till next year if they haven't applied for it.
15th January 2016, 04:34 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for GATE exam while am in college second year now?

GATE is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the one of the entrance examination for the Masters degree which is done actually after the B.Tech and this examination is conducted all over the India

You can prepare for the GATE examination right now from your 2nd year onwards and appear for the GATE.There are many coaching centers which are available for the GATE and take the test then you can get good score in the GATE.

There are some help full tips which are available for the GATE examination and some of them are
  1. Take the coaching for the GATE right from your 2nd year on wards.
  2. Prefer reading or doing the previous years papers
  3. Write as many as mock test in the online as you can
  4. Manage your time for preparing all the topics and get full clarification on every topic which you read
  5. Try to solve the as many as questions as you can
These are some of the tips of preparing for GATE examination

While going to college also you have to manage your timings and prepare well for the GATE examination then you will get good score
15th January 2016, 07:33 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is conducted for Master of technology course admission in engineering institutes of India.

Eligibility criteria

*Bachelor of technology or engineering or master's degree in science candidates can apply for exam. Final year candidates can also appear for exam.

We can not help in case of syllabus or previous question paper because you have not mentioned your stream of engineering. You can get it from official website of IISC which will conduct 2016 GATE exam.

Preparation tips:

*Make a routine for study and list down all technical papers of from second year of engineering to final year. As you proceed from semester, you can work on technical subjects. Conceptual clarity of subjects is much necessary. Work on numericals and objective questions.

*Prepare self notes for better revision in last months of exam.

Revise at regular intervals.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?