11th May 2011, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

Is marine engineering a good course to study? Is it a good course for girls?

usually i belong to a middle class family.but i prefer to take marine engg as my future.i got 167 cut off marks in +2.
whether it is easy to study?is marine a good prof. for girls.and is their any off shore course for girls.if so please mention the course name.

Related Questions:
  1. Exact difference between Oceanography, Marine Biology and Marine Microbiology? Are girls allowed in Marine engineering?
  2. Which are the good colleges for Marine Engineering course? How much loan does the bank provide?
  3. List of few good colleges for marine engineering?
  4. How should I join marine engineering after scoring 80% in B.E 3rd year Mechanical branch
  5. Marine engineering undergraduate qualification requirements
  6. Detailed procedure to get admission to study Master's in Marine Engineering in Abroad for B.E. student?
  7. Is there any scope for girls in Marine Engineering?
  8. What should I do to get into a good marine engineering college after passing 10th?
  9. Which branch is better to take in B.Tech Engineering?
  10. How to join PG course in marine engineering after my UG? Which institute is best to study marine in India? Is there any entrance exam for marine engineering?
  11. What are the steps to follow to do MS in Marine Engineering from colleges in Germany? -- [New]
  12. Is it beneficial to do CIFNET BFSc course for girls? Can I study BFSc being a 12th PCMB student?
  13. Details for getting admission for marine engineering? Which are the other good options for making a good career?
  14. How may I do Post graduation diploma in Marine engineering in Tamilnadu? List of good colleges offering this course? Is 4 year Marine course and this course equivalent?
  15. Masters in Marine Engineering after Btech in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can I get any good marine engineering college in India after scoring 66.4% in 12th board?
  17. Details of Marine Engineering Colleges in US, Germany, Canada? Is masters in Marine Engineering a good option?
  18. How to study Marine engineering from Abroad on part time basis? Fees including hostel?
25th June 2011, 07:51 PM
Ramjash
Member+

Default Re: Is marine engineering a good course to study? Is it a good course for girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
usually i belong to a middle class family.but i prefer to take marine engg as my future.i got 167 cut off marks in +2.
whether it is easy to study?is marine a good prof. for girls.and is their any off shore course for girls.if so please mention the course name.

Dear Friend,

It is a very good course for boys/girls to earn more money at a short possible time.

But Indian girls mostly does not prefer because of their living condition on board ship at all times.

This can be completed through Indian Maritime University (IMU) Chennai. For more details please visit http://www.imu.tn.nic.in/.

Regards,

Ramjash
27th June 2011, 09:49 PM
spratik08

Default Re: Is marine engineering a good course to study? Is it a good course for girls?

Quote:
hi friend,
knowing your family & deciding marine engg. as your future, is very fantastic at all !
coming to point,
every profession is always good unless & until you have interest in it!
& every profession is easy to study unless & until you do it in well manner with continuity in doing so !
it doesn't matter whether you are a girl or a boy for any profession. but considering the circumstances, conditions, problems to face, they put some limitations on admitting the girls for specific profession.
though you are choosing marine engg. as profession, it is not necessary to be yourself in shore. you may apply for offshore fields like ship designing, ship maintenance & repairing. you can held a degree in that field.
the MAEER'S MIT at Pune carries marine engg. programmes.you can refer the link:
http://www.mitid.edu.in/
BEST OF LUCK!!
18th July 2011, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

mysister did her B.Tech in the branch EEE,what are the further steps to be taken in order to enter the field marine engineering?is it possible to do so?
30th July 2011, 08:13 AM
Unregistered

Angry Re: Is marine engineering a good course to study? Is it a good course for girls?

Quote:
mysister did her B.Tech in the branch EEE,what are the further steps to be taken in order to enter the field marine engineering?is it possible to do so?
i dont know which fild i should take in engeneer
5th March 2012, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

i am marine engineering student and I'm woman?is it possible that company will hire me?
16th March 2012, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

can a girl do the job of marine engineering though am a girl am having an interest on it
25th May 2012, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

i have to write an essay about marine engineer is it possible for women or not and i have to be against women work as marine engineer
please help me :@ :'( :'(
29th July 2012, 06:01 PM
Biswabm

Yes, Of course

I think every one knows that there is huge opportunity in studying in ships even for girls

I think girls can learn higher nursing courses, so that they can help their colleagues

One of my friend has recommended me to visit http://maritime-connector.com/directory/maritime-education/

cheers
30th July 2012, 02:13 PM
sheelasnj

It is a very good course for boys/girls to earn more money at a short possible time.

But Indian girls mostly does not prefer because of their living condition on board ship at all times.

This can be completed through Indian Maritime University (IMU) Chennai. For more details please visit http://www.imu.tn.nic.in/.

all the best..........
22nd March 2013, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

sir iam a middle class girl and i have passed my 12th with 97% and i want to become a marine .my papa doesn't like it he is feared of that job for girls but me and my mom are dare enough to take a step ahead so plss tell me being a girl can i have a good career in this field pls i am struggling hard becoz of my dad's harrasment in taking my decision on my career give me a good idea plsss it is really urgent help me ..............sir pls mail me at [email protected]
20th July 2013, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

hy,i study in 12th class and further want to marine engg so do girls have a scope in marine engg and are there such jobs where work can be done by staying lands and not on ships.please guide me.
4th October 2013, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Is marine engg. is good to do?????????IS IT HAS ANY DEMAND??IS IT GOOD 2 STUDY?
29th November 2013, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

iam a commerce student in plus 2 . am very interested in marine.can i join and study marine engineering
3rd December 2013, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

Doesnt mean you have to be a boy to run ships, i am a guy and i am an marine engineer
Officer , for me it doesnt mettet whether you are a guy or girl as long you can overcome the hurdles of sea and know what you are doing plus interest and commited wth your jobs thats is enough for your employer
Marine enggineering is tough if you assume its tough , if you put your heart in it it will be easy
15th February 2014, 04:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
can a girl do the job of marine engineering though am a girl am having an interest on it
s u can do marine engg.and it is a good course u can earn handsomely within short period of time and you can visit different kinds of world and u can see the beauty of the world....you are going to earn in dollars...
4th December 2014, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

hi, am just graduated BE marine engg @amet university, chennai. as i know marine engg doesn't suits for womens. bocoz after ur marriage u cant continue ur work over there, before that also itz really hard to work onboard. most important thing, if wanna do marine, one thing u should know someone in marine field(who is ready to help u) or else u should have at least 4lakh money, then only u can get job through agents. in shipping field everything is money.......... if you(girls) are crazy or great passion on marine engg means then go ahead. but pls pls pls think well and join... think of ur family well.... all the best... for any help mail: [email protected] or call 09578395764. pls dont blindly choose marine engg... its not as lik wat u heard from outside.
18th August 2015, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir if I have 1-2 years experience in ship sailing then I can join shore job or not
What will be salary difference
Please reply me sir on my account [email protected]
Please please reply me sir
12th October 2017, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

I'm senior high school student.I have a plan to take marine engineering course and I'm not good in drawing ,,I'm not also thinking logically. I'm good in mathematics but I'm not good in analysis.. by the way I'm a girl..so what do you think sir am I qualified??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?