28th October 2016, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

Is Polytechnic completely equivalent to class 12th? Can I apply for NDA on the basis of Polytechnic?

Respected Sir, I want to know is Polytechnic completely equivalent to class 12th? Can I apply for NDA on the basis of Polytechnic? Please provide complete details about the same.

30th October 2016, 05:48 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Polytechnic completely equivalent to class 12th? Can I apply for NDA on the basis of Polytechnic?

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. NDA/NA examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice every year for selection of candidates into three wings of defence like Army, Navy and Air Force etc.

Eligibility criteria for NDA/NA examination:

>>Candidate must have passed or appearing for 10+2 board examination from a recognized board. For Navy and Air Force, Mathematics and Physics is compulsory.

>>The age limit for examination is 16.5-19.5 years.

Diploma candidates are not eligible for NDA entrance examination. You can not apply for NDA examination after polytechnic.
30th October 2016, 06:42 PM
kachhadiyasharda

Default Re: Is Polytechnic completely equivalent to class 12th? Can I apply for NDA on the basis of Polytechnic?

Yes. Polytechnic is equivalent to 12th class & you are eligible to apply for NDA if passed polytechnic.

NDA Eligibility
- You must have Indian Citizenship.
- You must be unmarried male.
- You must have passed 12th class or it's equivalent.
- You must be physically fit.

NDA Exam Pattern
- Paper I : Maths (300 Marks , 2.5 Hours)
- Paper II : General Ability (600 Marks , 2.5 Hours)
31st October 2016, 04:42 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Yes you are eligible for the NDA exam having qualification of Polytechnic.
NDA exam is conducted by UPSC twice in every year. Generally the notification comes in the month of January and June every year.
For such exam the candidate must have these eligibility:
Candidate must have completed 12th or equivalent from a recognized board or university.
Candidate must have age greater than 16.5 year and must be less than 19.5 years.
Only unmarried candidates are eligible for the exam.
2nd November 2016, 06:00 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I want to know is Polytechnic completely equivalent to class 12th? Can I apply for NDA on the basis of Polytechnic? Please provide complete details about the same.
No, Polytechnic degree is not equivalent to 12th standard course.

Diploma candidates are not eligible for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
31st July 2019, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

Last year Government Polytechnic student NDA exam ke liye eligible hona chahiye par website main galat likha hai aur Sabhi website mein Sahi likha hai
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?