21st August 2012, 11:40 AM
meetdhans

Is it possible to join CA course after completion of Masters degree in Computer Science? Required Eligibility criteria and Fee structure to join CA course?

I have completed my Master degree in Computer Science. Now i want to study CA course. Is it possible.? pls confirm the eligiblity & fee structure. In which college/univercity is this available thru' Distance education.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study Master's Degree in Computer Science after completing B.Sc(Computer Science)? -- [New]
  2. Is there any scholarship programme available for masters course in UK for Indian Students? What is the criteria and eligibility for getting the scholarship? Universities in UK offering masters in Biotechnology? What is the fee structure?
  3. Required Eligibility criteria and Fee structure to join BAMS through Correspondence in Bangalore?
  4. Scope in Marine Engineering for non science student? Fee structure and admission criteria?
  5. Fee structure and Duration of Pilot course? Eligibility and Requirements for this course?
  6. How may I join fashion or beautician courses after completion of B.Sc degree? What is the fee structure of such courses?
  7. MA masters in construction management from nicmar, eligibility and fee structure?
  8. What is the eligibility criteria to join AMIE? What is the fee structure? Minimum marks required in 12th standard to join AMIE?
  9. Entrance exam for admission in MPT for BPT intern? Fees and seat details?
  10. Eligibility criteria, Admission Procedure and Fee Structure for ICWA course to join after the completion of Graduation in B.Com?
  11. Can I join the CDAC course after doing B.E IT? What is the fee structure and the eligibility criteria?
  12. Eligibility criteria to join distance MBA programme? What is the fee structure
  13. Am I eligible to join MBA in Airport Management being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Sc in Computer Science? Fee structure for this course?
  14. What will be the fee structure for M.Phil in Computer Science? Which Entrance Exams should I give for this? When will the application forms be available to join this course?
  15. Important subjects in 11th and 12th for a career in Biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Which Exams should I attempt to join MBBS after completion of PG in Biotechnology? Required Eligibility criteria to join this course?
  17. Procedure to join Merchant Navy? What is the eligibility criteria and the fee structure?
  18. How can I appear in CET MCA entrance exam at Indraprashtha university? I'm in BCA 4th year and did commerce with 60% marks including business mathematics
21st August 2012, 05:01 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join CA course after completion of Masters degree in Computer Science? Required Eligibility criteria and Fee structure to join CA course?

You should not go for CA course after completing M.Sc in Computer Science. It makes absolutely no sense. What is the point of doing graduation and post graduation in computers only to shift course later on?

Your hard work of last 5-6 years would go down the drain. Therefore I would strongly recommend against doing Chartered Accountant course. There are better options in front of you by sticking to the same field rather then changing to the CA.

The post graduation course in Computer Science would ensure that you get a decent job in Information Technology industry. Therefore there is no need to shift field for you. M.Sc in Computer Science is as good as Master in Computer Applications, however there is a lot of difference between two courses.

M.Sc in Computer Science is not related just to computer softwares but has subjects related to AI, Robot, hardware networking etc. With M.Sc in Computer Science degree you can opt for jobs in following fields:

hardware & networking

VSLI/Embedded Systems

Robotics

information security

Artificial Intelligence

Wireless Communication

Alternatively you have the option to get lecturer job in the central government colleges by appearing for the UGC NET entrance exam.

Eligibility.

1. Candidate should be Indian

2. The interested candidate should have post graduation degree to appear for National Eligibility Test.

3. You need to score at least 55 percent marks in masters course.

4. Candidates of SC/ST need 50 percent marks.

5. You can also appear for NET exam while in the final year of post graduation course. However in such scenario candidate is required to submit the degree within 2 years of passing the NET exam else he would be disqualified.

6. Your subject for NET exam should be same as post graduation course.

7. There is no upper age limit for lecturer.

I would recommend that you give serious consideration to what I have written above. Another reason why I would like to discourage you from going for CA is that only 15 percent of total candidates manages to pass the CA Exam.

If you were really interested in CA then you should have pursued it after completing 12th or graduation course.
18th March 2013, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it possible to join CA course after completion of Masters degree in Computer Science? Required Eligibility criteria and Fee structure to join CA course?

I have completed my MBA(finance) and now i want to do CA.But i heard that after graduation there no need to give CPT, graduate person is eligible to give IPCC exam directly. please let me know,what is correct and whether my decision is correct or not.
9th June 2017, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my Masters In Commerce with 70% am i eligible for the CA course. If yes then what is the procedure for me. But, i am the resident of kashmir and i want to do CA course here. I am also working with a respected Chartered Accountant in Srinagar.
I have a dream of becoming a Chartered Accountant. Please provide me details
3rd October 2019, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Can it is possible to join CA after b com honours? If it is possible than you guide me about duration of CA after masters... Plz
3rd October 2021, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

Can I go for C.A after my masters in English?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?