9th May 2010, 12:08 AM
anisa

Requirements for pursuing Mtech in biotechnology in top universities in INDIA?

what are the essential requirement for pursuing Mtech in biotechnology in top universities in INDIA??

Related Questions:
  1. Which are the universities offering M.Tech industrial biotechnology course? What is the scope of industrial biotechnology in India
  2. What is the procedure of taking admission Masters in Biotechnology in USA?
  3. What are the qualification requirements for M.Tech. Biotechnology?
  4. How to get admission in Ph.D. in Biotechnology in foreign universities? How to get scholarship for the same?
  5. Top ten Universities/colleges/Institutes in India for M.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  6. How may I do my M.S in Biotechnology from Abroad? List of universities offering such course? I've secured 85% marks
  7. Top universities in India offering masters program in Biotech? Criteria for admission for the course?
  8. Any top Universities which offer quoto for Sikh minorities for pursuing M.Tech in CSE
  9. Top 10 universities offering BS in Biotechnology in US -- [New]
  10. Top 10 universities for M.Sc. Biotechnology in India?
  11. Top 10 colleges which offer PhD in Biotechnology in India? Procedure to get admission?
  12. Procedure to get a seat in reputed universities in Germany after completing M.Tech Biotechnology? Are there any scholarships available while pursuing the course in India or abroad?
  13. List of top colleges and universities which offer M.Sc(Biotechnology) in India?
  14. Universities offering Ph.D in Biotechnology?
  15. Should I do Mtech in biotechnology after doing btech in biotechnology? what is the scope? India or abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Best colleges for M.Tech course after scoring 972 rank in PGECET?
  17. List of top 20 colleges for M.Tech in Biotechnology? Are there any coaching institutes available?
  18. How to do M.Tech in Nanotechnology after pursuing B.Tech Biotechnology?
9th May 2010, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Requirements for pursuing Mtech in biotechnology in top universities in INDIA?

M.Tech. in Biotechnology can be done after graduations in
Chemical/Bio-chemical engineering
Leather technology
Pharmaceutical technology
Food Technology
B.Pharma and Dairy technology

Post graduates in life sciences, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics, Physiology, Pharmacology and Biophysics can also apply for Mtech program. Minumum percentage of marks required at graduation level is 60%. IIT Kharagpur and Delhi offer a 5 year integrated biotechnology course for 12 pass outs.
Jawaharlal Nehru University conducts an all india entrance for combined admission to M.Sc./M.Sc. (Agri.)/M.V.Sc. (Animal) Biotech/M.Tech. Biotechnology courses in different exam centres across India - Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Baroda, Bhubaneshwar, Mumbai, Calcutta, Calicut, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwar, Guwahati, Goa, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Lucknow, Chennai, Madurai, Pant Nagar, Pondicherry, Danapur Cantt (Bihar), Pune, Ranchi, Shillong, Shimla, Thiruvananthapuram, Varanasi and Vijayawada

Mtech programs are available in

Anna University, Chennai
Jadavpore University, Calcutta

ME Program in Biotechnology is also offered by BITS Pilani. Then a lot of universities offer Msc programs too.
9th May 2010, 01:57 AM
jaipatil

Default Re: Requirements for pursuing Mtech in biotechnology in top universities in INDIA?

Hello friend ,first of all you must be completed your graduation with first class,various universities carry out there own entrance,If you were qualified in GATE it will be well and good
below are some colleges offering the m tech
1. IIT Bombay
2. IIT Delhi
3. IIT Chennai
4. IIT Kanpur
5. IIT Kharagpur
6. IIT Guwahati
7. IIT Roorkee
8. IT BHU
9. BITS Pilani
10. IIIT Hyderabad
11. NIT Warangal
12. NIT trichy
13. Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology
14. DEC, Delhi
15. IIIT Allahabad
16. NIT Hamirpur
17. NIT Calicut
18. MNIT Jaipur
19. NIT Surathkal
20. NIT Surat

best luck

jayesh
9th May 2010, 10:07 AM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by anisa View Post
what are the essential requirement for pursuing Mtech in biotechnology in top universities in INDIA??
Hi Anisa
There are many colleges that take entrance exam before taking admission in the various colleges as well as Universities in India. The entrance exam is called GATE. There is no age bar to the entrance exam. The candidate must have passed in their all the eight semesters that span for four years.

However, the minimum qualification is 5 point in combined form, of the eight semesters. The candidates must also not hold any criminal record in any of the Legal Institutes of national as well as state level. Also the compulsory language of the M.Tech exam is English. There fore every candidate must have passed in the English subject in their Higher Secondary Examination.

Though, in some of the colleges, there is an option for direct admission. However, this is the basic lay out admission in most of the colleges as well as Universities in India. Colleges also take admission of those candidates who belonging to the foreign nation. However, in some colleges, this criterion is not fulfilled. In major of the colleges, the students who belong to the country of India are only given admission.

Good luck
9th May 2010, 04:24 PM
prakashbioc

Quote:
Originally Posted by anisa View Post
Hello,
If You want to pursue the M.Tech in biotechnology in the top universities or the Research institutes, you need a Valid GATE score with above 80% academic percentage in the B.Tech degree. Or else, if you clear the CSIR, UGC-NET and/or JRF in the same or ICAR exam, you can very easily get the M.Tech in the above said. If you prepare for 6 months to 1 year to the exam, you can clear it very easily. But it is necessary to go for a Coaching class for the same, which can help you a lot.
All the Best !!!!!!!!!!!
9th May 2010, 07:05 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

you need to appear for the entrance exams held by various institutes of the country
if you score good as well as pass all the eligibility conditions then you will get admisskiion into the colleges

some of the colleges which provide the course are listed below:
1.Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi
2.awaharlal Nehru Technological University, Masab Tank, Mahaveer Marg, Hyderabad
3.Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh
4.University of Kolkata, Kolkata - 700073
5.Jadavpur University, PO Jadavpur University, Kolkata
23rd May 2010, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i"m completed post graduation in bioinformatics with 75%.i want to do M.TECH Biotechnology ?so please help me how to get it?
7th June 2010, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

is it necessary to have biology till 12th std. so as to opt for biotech in iits
21st June 2010, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Can someone help me with the names of top colleges in Mumbai offering Mtech in Biotechnology. You can also mail me details on same on [email protected]
23rd August 2010, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
l hav completed my B Tech in biotechnology stream with 83%..will u plz suggest me which option s da best..whether to go 4 MTech biotechnology in iit's through GATE r ny other like CSIR JRF..plz gimme necessary info regarding the best coaching institutions providing CSIR JRF coaching..plz help me sir..
25th August 2010, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

are b.tech biotech students eligible for m.tech food technology
26th August 2010, 06:54 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue M.tech in top universities in India candidates have to appear for GATE exam. You should be a graduate from a recognized University and should obtain at least 50% marks in graduation.
28th August 2010, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

Want to know if there is any age bar for the biotech mtech program. i passed msc in botany with plant biotech specialization scoring 75% marks (2nd rank) and was associated with research works for over 3 yrs. now i want to pursue mtech and join in biotech industry. pls suggest whether its wise.. i m highly confused. Thanks.
31st August 2010, 02:10 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friends,

if you want to do the Mtech in biotechnology in top universities in INDIA.

then for this you have to give the entrance exam of the gate,

after qualifying and scoring good persentile you can take the admission in best university including iits and nits.
31st August 2010, 10:29 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
there are so many top colleges in India ,such as

IIT(Khargapur,Mumbai,Chennai,Roorky,Guahati etc..)
NITs
Jadavpur University etc..
to get admission in top most institutes you have to appear for GATE,
you have to score more than 95 percentile in GATE,then you can get chance in IIT or any other top colleges.

Good luck.
4th December 2010, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

sir i wana know about the colleges providing M.Tech through their own exam .plz answer to my ques.
pankhuri
5th December 2010, 08:52 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

Requirements for pursuing Mtech in biotechnology in top universities in INDIA
first of all you must be completed your graduation with first class,various universities carry out there own entrance,If you were qualified in GATE it will be well and good
below are some colleges offering the m tech
1. IIT Bombay
2. IIT Delhi
3. IIT Chennai
4. IIT Kanpur
5. IIT Kharagpur
6. IIT Guwahati
7. IIT Roorkee
8. IT BHU
9. BITS Pilani
10. IIIT Hyderabad
11. NIT Warangal
12. NIT trichy

good luck.
23rd February 2011, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to have Biology in 12th standard for pursuing any career in biotechnology after BE. My branch in Chemical. So say if I want to appear for the GATE and get into any of the IITs, would the criterion of Bio in 12th be necessary?
19th March 2011, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

I scored 88.99 percentile in GATE 2011 in biotech. plz suggest me the univ or colleges where i can apply for m.tech biotech programe?
19th March 2011, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

sir i hv got 88.99 percentile in gate biotech exam 2011. plz sugest me the univ where i should apply for m.tech biotech programme?
19th April 2011, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

I did my masters in 2008.And qualified GATeE 2011 wd 98.34 percentile.do year gap matters in m.tech admission?
3rd May 2011, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

Is having Mathematics in class 11th and 12th required for admission..or will simply Biology,Physics and Chemistry at 2 level do??
15th June 2011, 07:20 AM
Unregistered

Is it worth joining ME Biotechnology course in BITS Pilani Hyderabad after completing B.Pharm. with distinction? What R the future prospects?....Dama Nihitha
2nd September 2011, 09:47 PM
sanju38121

For admission in m.tech (biotechnology) you should have chemical/bio chemical engineering graduation

the various colleges of m.tech in biotechnology
IIT DELHI
IIT KHARAGPUR
IIT ROORKEE
IIT KANPUR
NIT HAMIRPUR
NIT WARANGAL

All the best
regards
15th March 2012, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

sir i have given the GATE exam and scored 234.What does it mean ? Am i eligible for M.Tech.? where should i apply?
20th March 2012, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

I scored 93.98 percentile in GATE 2012 in biotech. plz suggest me the univ or colleges where i can apply for m.tech biotech programe?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?