13th July 2012, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Should I do Civil or Mechanical engineering?

i like civil but my family like mech so i am confused please advice

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do M.Tech. in Civil Engineering after B.E. in Mechanical Engineering?
  2. Can I do Civil Engineering while doing mechanical engineering?
  3. Which types of books should be referred for Maths in IAS exam?
  4. Can I do B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in Mechanical Engineering and four year work experience in the field of civil engineering?
  5. How many PSUs recruit without GATE score? -- [New]
  6. What are the various job sectors after getting IES? I am in 3rd year
  7. List of colleges offering Psychology?
  8. List of colleges offering DGO after BAMS?
  9. How to do PG in Civil and become a government contractor after completing B.E in Mechanical Engineering?
  10. Which stream to go for after scoring an IIT JEE rank of 2103?
  11. Can professionals like CSE, Mechanical and Electronics students do Civil Engineering course?
  12. List of Colleges offering part time Ph.D in Management in Finance or Marketing? When will the notification be released by these colleges for this course?
  13. Changing the trade from electrical to mechanical engineering?
  14. WHICH IS BETTER B. Arch (Architecture) or B. Tech (Civil/ Mechanical engineering) ? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How should I change branch to mechanical from civil? I am studying diploma in civil engineering
  16. List of colleges providing part time B.Tech in CSE? What is the duration of the course?
  17. List of various sectors in Civil Engineering? What are the training fields available in MP in Civil? Which are the Civil Engineering construction companies in MP?
  18. How to take admission in diploma in civil engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
5th September 2012, 03:26 PM
ukp92

Default Re: Should I do Civil or Mechanical engineering?

Both branches are good and considered core in India i.e. you have too many job opportunities in these two fields. But still I will advice you that if you have interest in Civil then you should go for it, you should keep yourself at top while making decisions as you not your family will have to do the studies.

All the best.
5th September 2012, 03:50 PM
nagaraj g m

Default Re: Should I do Civil or Mechanical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i like civil but my family like mech so i am confused please advice
dear friend,
civil and mechanical both are good branches,
but after completing your degree if you want
join deffence or software companies then go
according your family,but in these days if you
do good percentage also i think you will not get
good job in software companies, because there
many people who lost their job only.
but civil is not like that, if you want to go company
there also you can get job,orelse you can do your
own business.so civil is the rite and best...........
do that you are actually intrested then you can
achieve your goal,and you will be happy for
life long...............
thank you friend

all the best..............
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?