3rd December 2012, 08:55 PM
rpsyadav

What is the admission procedure for BITS Pilani

What is the admission procedure in bits pilani?...could u please tell me

Related Questions:
  1. How to join MS in BITS Pilani?
  2. What is the admission procedure followed for M.Tech in BITS?
  3. What is the procedure to get admission in BITS Pilani through GATE?
  4. Admission procedure for MTech from BITS Pilani and other top Indian Universities?
  5. How to do M.Tech degree form BITS Pilani?
  6. Details regarding seat availability and admission criteria for pursuing ME (embedded system) from BITS Pilani?
  7. Procedure for getting into M.Pharm course in BITS Pilani? Any alternative entrance test to GPAT? Fee structure for the exam?
  8. Procedure to fillup preference for admission in BITS Pilani for a candidate who has scored 311 marks in BITSAT?
  9. How to do MS in BITS Pilani after completing B.Tech from Anna University? Procedure and fee structure?
  10. Procedure to get admission in M.Tech. programs at BITS Pilani
  11. Polytechnic students can get admission in BITS Pilani or any other campus?
  12. Can I get admission in Dual Degree program in BITS Pilani campus after scoring 283 marks in BITSAT?
  13. When will be the Entrance Exam to get admission for M.Tech in BITS Pilani? When can I get forms for this? Which degree I can receive from BITS Pilani between M.Tech and ME?
  14. Admission in BITS Pilani to study B.Tech for Diploma holder who had backlog in last semester?
  15. Is MS from Bits Pilani is equivalent to post graduation course? -- [New]
  16. Admission in bits pilani for mtech degree without good GATE score? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Which institutions are better, BITS Pilani or IIT Hyderabad? Which one to choose between Chemical, Civil and BITS Pilani?
  18. Provision of direct admission to board toppers in BITS, Pilani?
4th December 2012, 02:22 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the admission procedure for BITS Pilani

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpsyadav View Post
Dear,

To take admission in BITs Pilani you have to write BITSAT and qualify it. BITSAT is an online exam which tests technical and aptitude skills of a candidate.

Eligibility to write this exam are:
  1. Candidate should have passed the 12th class examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
  2. Candidate should have obtained a minimum of 75% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th class examination.
  3. adequate proficiency in English.
  4. Students who are appearing for 12th class examination in 2012 or who have passed the 12th class examination in 2011 are eligible to appear for BITSAT2012.

If you fulfill the above criteria then you can write this exam and if you qualify it then you will be eligible to take admission in BITs pilani or other BITs colleges according to your rank.

Best of luck!
5th December 2012, 11:08 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What is the admission procedure for BITS Pilani

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpsyadav View Post
Hi

BITS is the Birla Institute of Technology and Science. This is one of the top most technical institutions in our country and so one of the most reputed and demanded ones among the students. This is very nice that you wish to know more about this and its admission procedure.

I must tell you that BITS has 3 campuses, Pilani, Goa and Dubai. So you can take admission accordingly. The admission procedure is as follows : BITS conducts an Entrance Exam for its selection of candidates. Its online and called BITSAT - Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test.
It would test you on your Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics knowledge of the 11th and higher secondary standard. So you should know your syllabus quite well and your understanding should be good.

The Basic Eligibility Criteria to apply for this examination is that you should fulfill these as :-

1. Minimum 12th pass candidate/appeared in the board exams from a recognized school or open educational institution.

2. Should have scored at least 75% aggregate in boards and good marks in English. No one below 75% aggregate can apply.

3. Must be from the Science stream and have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.

4. Should have a working knowledge about the computers as this test is online.

Now the BITSAT 2013 notification is still not out. So I would request you to wait for the same.

Please CLICK HERE to know more about the BITSAT 2013. The Official Notification for Application would be put up here only..

If you are able to clear the written exam, then they would call you for the Personal Interview and then admission if you fair well in that also.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
6th December 2012, 08:21 AM
Vikas hrc

Hello friend,

BITS stands for Birla Institute of Technology and Science.The Institute is reputed for its academic excellence and its placement.It was established in 1964.Presently,there are 4 Campuses of BITS situated in Pilani,Goa,Hyderabad and Dubai.

There are many courses offered in BITS Pilani,some of them are:-

1.Bioengineeing.
2.Biological Sciences.
3.Civil Engineering.
4.Chemical Engineering.
5.Computer Science.
6.Engineering Science.
7.Information System.
8.Mechanical Engineering.
9.Software System.
10.Engineering Technology.

The Admission procedure of BITS starts with an Online Test BITSAT.The test is conducted in some selected cities of India and to appear in this test,you are required to fill its form first and submit the required fees which is generally around Rs.1,500.

The eligibility criteria that you should fulfil in order to fill the examination form are:-

1.You should have passed your 12th from a regonised Central or State Board or its equivalent.

2.You should have studied Physics,Chemisrty and Maths in your 12th.

3.You need to obtain a minimum of Aggregate 75% in Physics,Chemistry and Maths in 12th.

4.At least 60% is required in each Physics,Chemisrty and Maths.

The exam is generally conducted in the month of April-May every year.
The exam forms for BITSAT 2013 is not out yet.

So,to remain updated about the exam,regularly visit the official website of BITS.
The website of BITS is www.bits-pilani.ac.in.

I hope you are satisfied with the provided information.

Best of luck.

Thanks.

With Regards-
Vikas.

Quote:
"Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do it today."
29th January 2013, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

What r the minimum marks that one require to get admission in bits pilani ??
28th February 2013, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum qualifying number for BITS PILANI?
3rd April 2013, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Do they have some management quota. If some one who could not score 75% in 12th bcoz of some reason and scores well or qualify the BITS entrance exam. Or any other way to get the admission without having 75% in 10 2 exams. Or by paying some extra fees..

Will be thankfull if someone can suggest on above:

[email protected]
29th April 2013, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS ADMITION PROSES 11TH CLASS IN BITS PILANI
1st August 2013, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Can i get direct admissionbin bits pilani if i secure 95% above marks in 10 2 board exams
7th December 2013, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

How can i get admission in Bits pilani for 1st year engg.??
10th February 2014, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i want to know what is the admission procedure after 10th class
Thanks.
26th April 2014, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

I want admission in bits pilani engineering course without entrance test please tell me what are the fees structure my email id is [email protected]
12th June 2014, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I have got 386/450 in online exam. I am not getting what to do next, there is no notice about admission, I am not able to find it . Can you provide me the required link?
17th May 2015, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

How the personal interview has been taken is it tough to qualify interview
20th May 2015, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

can i get direct admission if i secured 95% and above marks in 12th boards?
21st February 2016, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

I have passed in 3yrs diploma course in mecatronics NTTF DHARWAD can I get adm for btec in related stream in BITS Goa we are from goa
1st March 2016, 07:34 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

Criteria :-
* First complete your 12th course with aggregate percentage .
* Register for the entrance exam of BITS institution .
* If you qualified in that exam then you can secure admission in BITS pilani . Competition will be there so one should e best at their levels to crack the exam with decent rank.
* Subjects comprises of physics , chemistry, maths and English of respective marks .
* Cut off will be there based on caste.
* So if your Rank is best then you can secure admission in main campus of BITS .
6th September 2016, 06:37 AM
Unregistered

Sir , I want to know that can we eligible for bitsat exam after 1&2 year of passing 12th board exam for preparation
20th September 2018, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

What is the admission process for class 11 in science stream with PCM
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?