24th June 2010, 11:24 AM
ethan hunt

What is the eligibility criteria for GATE and can we do M.Tech in Automobile Engineering? List of colleges with GATE?

I want to ask you about the eligibilty criteria for gate and can we do m.tech in automobile engg after b.tech in computer sciece, please give the list of the colleges with gate and without appeaing in gate for automobile engg

Related Questions:
  1. Colleges offering M.Tech in Automobile engineering? I have completed B.e in Automobile Engineering with 58.4% aggregate
  2. List of colleges considering admission without the GATE score in M.Tech Environmental Engineering?
  3. List of M.Tech colleges after qualifying GATE and have completed B.Sc in Agri-biotechnology? -- [New]
  4. MTech admission in computer science and engineering without qualifying GATE exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. List of colleges offering M.Tech admission without GATE score in London?
  6. Eligibility for Mtech, MTech(Res), Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering after Qualifying GATE? I am B.Pharm. student
  7. List of M.Tech colleges in Chandiharh and HP which take admission without GATE exam?
  8. Which entrance exam to give to pursue masters in Automobile Engineering? What is the syllabus for Automobile in GATE?
  9. List of the colleges which I can get after scoring 2500 in GATE(EEE)? How to apply for M.Tech?
  10. In which colleges can I get admission for M.Tech after qualifying for GATE exam?
  11. Can I do M.Tech after B.E.? Is GATE compulsory?
  12. List of Engineering Colleges for M.Tech Computer Science at Coimbatore which admits students without GATE score?
  13. List of some good colleges in India? I have scored 9700 in GATE
  14. List of the colleges offering M.Tech course in Electronics apart from IITs and NITs? When should I start preparation for GATE? List of the best GATE coaching classes in Mumbai?
  15. What should I do to pursue M.Tech from IIT? I am doing B.E from Rewa MP
  16. List of institutes providing M.Tech admission in computer science and engineering without GATE score card?
  17. List of automobile diploma engineering colleges in Mumbai?
  18. How to get admission in colleges of Pune for M.Tech after scoring 7.00 in GATE
16th April 2013, 08:40 PM
Gannu Gupta

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for GATE and can we do M.Tech in Automobile Engineering? List of colleges with GATE?

Hi, for admission to the M.E./M.Tech programmes, the candidates should have B.E. or B.Tech degrees in Aerospace / Chemical / Civil / Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science. So you can go for it after you qualify in the concerned paper in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). After qualifying GATE, you'll have to apply to institutes, which offer the M.Tech. program you wish to join. Since every institute may have a different entry criteria for the same program, we suggest you first identify the Institutes which offer M.Tech program in Aerospace and check their website or contact the department directly to find out the eligibility criteria. Few institute offering the course are: IITs at Mumbai, Madras, Kanpur or Kharagpur. M. Tech programmes are also offered in private institutions also. The Indian Institute of Science (IIS), Bangalore has M Tech and Ph D programmes in aeronautics. SRM university and Anna university offers M.E/M.Tech (Part-time/Correspondence) Aeronautical engineering. If you revert back with the details regarding the place from where you would like to pursue it, we would be in a better position to help you. All the best.
Though aerospace engineering is a good program, I dont know if there is scope for it in India. However, I have heard of other programs which you can look for, and which have demand in the job market too. Some of these programs are like built environment, structural engineering, Robotics, artificial intelligence etc. As these are core sector programs, they will help you get a good job in any multinational organisation with a good package too. If these programs interests you then look for UPES, Dehradun, as it is also one of the university offering these programs and they are very famous for their programs and faculty in pan asia region too.
30th April 2013, 01:35 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for GATE and can we do M.Tech in Automobile Engineering? List of colleges with GATE?

Yes, you can try for M.Tech in Automobile Engineering after B.tech in computer science. But you need to qualify GATE in the concerned subject, ie Automobile Engineering. Admission to the course in IIT’s is done strictly on the basis of GATE score. VIT conducts VITMEE for admissions. In case of SRM, SRMEE score is considered for admission of non GATE candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?