21st September 2011, 10:19 PM
subhajit aich

What are the entrance exams available for government sector jobs? Can I apply for it while in final year mechanical engineering?

What are the entrance exams available for getting jobs in govt sector like
NTPC
BHEL
BEL
ONGC
NALCO
DRDO

Is there any chance to apply govt jobs for final year mechanical engineering students?

Related Questions:
  1. Job opportunities in Government Sector for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 3rd year student?
  2. Can I apply for jobs in government sector in the final year of B.Tech (mechanical engineering)?
  3. Scope of a mechanical engineering student in government sector? What are the entrance dates of various exams?
  4. Which are the central government entrance exams? I am doing final year engineering
  5. Latest government jobs and private sector jobs in mechanical engineering in which I can apply after scoring 66% aggregate upto 7th semester?
  6. Best government jobs for mechanical engineering candidates?
  7. What all government jobs I can apply when am proceeding to final year B.Tech ECE?
  8. What jobs I can apply for in Government sector after completion of D.Ed course?
  9. Application procedure for Government jobs after M.Pharmacy and entrance exams details for the same?
  10. For which job can I apply in government sector? I am a student of mechanical engineering
  11. Career after taking subjects PCM in graduation?
  12. Can I take admission in B.E civil after passing B.Tech
  13. Reputed jobs in Government Sector for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 3rd year student?
  14. How to apply for government jobs in Tamil Nadu?
  15. Can I apply for any government jobs or private jobs after doing Mechanical Engineering with 9 CGPA?
  16. Which exams can I give while in final year Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Job Opportunities in Government sector after completion of B.Tech with Mechanical stream?
  18. Exams and preparations for getting government sector job after B.Tech in ECE? -- [New]
13th May 2012, 11:23 AM
lipu.absk

Default Re: What are the entrance exams available for government sector jobs? Can I apply for it while in final year mechanical engineering?

Hello friend,
Yes you can apply for jobs in your above mentioned govt sectors.
for NTPC & BHEL & ONGC you are qualified to appear in the entrance test GATE .
Then for BEL you must apply it by visiting its site. Now an advertise is on for BEL with 60% eligibility criteria & also for EIL, SAIL .
check the web sites through http://jobs.freshersworld.com/jobs.
Good luck.

NALCO
DRDO
29th May 2013, 12:51 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What are the entrance exams available for government sector jobs? Can I apply for it while in final year mechanical engineering?

Hi

Earlier all the PSU used to either visit campus or conduct their own entrance exam for recruiting candidates.
However, most PSU are taking candidates based on their GATE score.
You need to apply to these company with GATE score. If shortlisted, company would call your GD and interview.
If you score good in GATE exam. You will get into one or the other PSU

All the best
29th May 2013, 01:01 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: What are the entrance exams available for government sector jobs? Can I apply for it while in final year mechanical engineering?

Hi

Earlier all the PSU used to either visit campus or conduct their own entrance exam for recruiting candidates.
However, most PSU are taking candidates based on their GATE score.
You need to apply to these company with GATE score. If shortlisted, company would call your GD and interview.
If you score good in GATE exam. You will get into one or the other PSU

All the best
24th July 2013, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am doing mechanical engineering in final yeal. If any government exam can be written for final year students
17th December 2013, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

I have a very average marks till the 4th sem of my b.tech mechanical engineering. can i apply for psu jobs n get into these companies?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?