28th July 2016, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible for IIT after scoring more than 75% marks in the second attempt on 12th board exam?

Hello Sir, I was not able to collect 75% mark in 12th board exam, But if I try again and I score more than 75% marks in my 2nd attempt than will I be eligible for IIT? Will It be possible? Please suggest.

Related Questions:
  1. If I appear for board exams again will my 2nd attempt for IIT JEE be considered as 1st?
  2. Am I eligible for CAT and other MBA entrance exam after scoring 50% marks in second attempt in graduation?
  3. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT Delhi after clearing 12th exam from Punjab board? What is the criteria followed? -- [New]
  4. Am I eligible to appear for IIT exam after completing class 12th with 60% marks?
  5. Minimum percentage required in 10th and 12th class for selection in IIT?
  6. Am I eligible to get scholarship after scoring 83% marks in 12th board exam?
  7. Am I eligible to give CS foundation exam after scoring 45% in 12th board exam?
  8. Eligibility for IIT JEE being a 12th student from NIOS board?
  9. Am I eligible for any IT company after scoring 60% marks in 12th?
  10. Is it possible to reappear in 12th with CBSE/MP Board if secured less marks in UP Board and migrated to MP?
  11. Am i eligible for IIT JEE with one year gap after 12th?
  12. Can I crack IIT without opting for Maths in 10+2
  13. Can I give IIT JEE exam more then once? I even took a gap after my first attempt -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Can I apply for PMT and IIT exam after taking 12th with both biology and maths?
  15. Can I join IIT after completing class 12th scoring 86.4% marks? When is the new session of Allen Institute starting?
  16. Can I appear for IIT entrance after scoring 56.8% marks in 12th exam?
  17. Can I get admission in IIT for pursuing B.Tech after scoring 57% marks in class 12?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for B.Ed course after completing Graduation scoring 46% marks? Do I have to attempt any entrance exam?
30th July 2016, 03:23 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible for IIT after scoring more than 75% marks in the second attempt on 12th board exam?

The admission in Indian Institute of Technology is given on basis of Joint Entrance Examination Advanced rank card. JEE Advanced is second stage of JEE. First stage is JEE Main and those who qualify in this stage and are in top 1.5 lac candidates are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced examination.

The second most important criteria for JEE Advanced exam is that candidate must have minimum of 75% marks in 12th board exam. There are two consecutive attempts for JEE Advanced exam, one in year in which you appear for board exams and next in following year. You can appear for improvement exam to score 75% or more than it but keep in mind this will be your last attempt for JEE Advanced.
30th July 2016, 04:53 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible for IIT after scoring more than 75% marks in the second attempt on 12th board exam?

IIT refers too Indian Institute of Technology and these are the best technical colleges across India known for their quality education in undergraduate technical courses.

For admission in the same one has to qualify JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) which is held once every year by CBSE in two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advanced.

For having the chance of getting admission in the IIT, one has to qualify JEE Advanced and for appearing in the same one must have the qualifications given below :-

--> You must have the nationality of India with your age lying under 25 years till the 31st October of that year in which you will start the first year of your undergraduate degree course.

--> You must qualify JEE Main along with that much aggregate in your board examination that keeps you within the top 20 percentile candidates of your respective board of education or you must have managed at least 75% aggregate in your board examination.

So, it is quite evident from the above fact that it is not necessary to secure 75% aggregate in the board examination for appearing in the board examination if you come under the top 20 percentile candidate of your board of education without crossing the 75% marks. But if it is not so then I want to make you clear that you will be eligible for appearing in the JEE Advanced next year only if you appear in all the papers of your board examination once again and secure 75% or above aggregate together with qualifying JEE Main.

For more details and FAQs regarding JEE you can visit the website www.jeemain.nic.in.
30th July 2016, 08:17 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in IIT, if you have not secured 75% marks in your 12th standard board examinations in first attempt and if you secure 75% marks in second attempt. If you belong to SC/ST category and have 70% aggregate in your 12th standard board examinations then, you are eligible to get admission in IIT.

To get admission in IIT, you have to appear and qualify JEE Main and JEE Advance examination. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or equivalent examination with PCM stream from a Government recognised board are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination.

To be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination, you should have qualified and secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination and you should have minimum 75% (70% for SC/ST) aggregate marks or you should be in top 20 percentile high scorers of your 12th standard board examinations.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you have not secured 75% marks in your 12th standard board examinations, so, if you secure 75% aggregate marks in your 12th standard board examinations, you are eligible to get admission in IIT.
30th July 2016, 09:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I was not able to collect 75% mark in 12th board exam, But if I try again and I score more than 75% marks in my 2nd attempt than will I be eligible for IIT? Will It be possible? Please suggest.
Yes, you are eligible for IIT course.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks, then you are eligible for IIT JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
1st August 2016, 12:28 AM
Ronie0309

You have to be in the top 20 percentile in your respective board and it is not necessary that the cut off marks will turn out to be 75% or less it may be higher.
You have a total of 2 attempts for JEE so you can give your exam again and try again.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?