26th April 2012, 11:39 PM

Will there be any scope for Job Opportunities after completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

I want to take civil engineering branch in B. tech is it have any scope for jobs in future ?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do masters in Civil engineering abroad after completion of B.E in Civil?
  2. Job Opportunities after completion of Civil Engineering? Will there be more Job Opportunities for me after completion of Civil Engineering compared to Computer Science Engineering?
  3. Which courses I can join after completion of Biomedical Engineering? What will be the career scope and Job Opportunities after completion of those courses?
  4. Job opportunities for Diploma Civil Engineer? List of distance colleges which offer B.Tech program?
  5. What is the future scope of civil engineering after completion of PG in Civil Stream?
  6. Job opportunities with salary package for female Civil Engineer in Hyderabad?
  7. Career scope and Job Opportunities for Civil Engineering course in India?
  8. Career scope after completion of B.Sc Agricultural course? Job Opportunities after completion of this course?
  9. How to get a job in construction company after completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering
  10. Career scope and Job Opportunities after completion of Production Engineering?
  11. Scope in ICWA course? Job opportunities after completion of the course?
  12. Which course is better to take after completion ofdiploma in civil engineering
  13. Scope and jobs for b.pharma in pharmaceutical industry? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Which is better for me after B.Tech Civil Engineering between M.Tech and MBA? Which branch is preferable for me in M.Tech? Scope of job after B.Tech or M.Tech or MBA?
  15. Scope of Civil Engineering in 2015 in India and Aborad
  16. What I have to do to get Job after completion of BE in Civil Engineering?
  17. What are the job opportunities available after completion of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? -- [New]
  18. Career scope and Job Opportunities after completion of D-Pharmacy course?
27th April 2012, 01:18 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will there be any scope for Job Opportunities after completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I want to take civil engineering branch in B. tech is it have any scope for jobs in future ?

Dear Friend,

There are huge opportunities for the civil Engineers nowadays. So you will definitely get job after completing Civil Engineering.

Civil engineering may be divided into the following fields:

(i) Building materials

(ii) Building construction

(iii) Structural engineering

(iv) Geotechnical engineering

(v) Hydraulics, water resources and irrigation engineering

(vi) Water supply and sanitary engineering

(vii) Environmental engineering

(viii) Transportation engineering

(ix) Town planning and architecture

(x) Surveying

(xi) Drawing

(xii) Estimation and specification

(xiii) Management techniques

(xiv) Computer application.

You have many kind of roles in the companies in which you will get the job. Those roles are as follows

(i) Measure and map the earth’s surface.

(ii) Plan new townships and extension of existing towns.

(iii) Build the suitable structures for the rural and urban areas for various utilities.

(iv) Build tanks and dams to exploit water resources.

(v) Build river navigation and flood control projects.

(vi) Build canals and distributaries to take water to agricultural fields.

(vii) Purify and supply water to the needy areas like houses, schools, offices etc.

(viii) Provide and maintain communication systems like roads, railways, harbours and airports.

(ix) Devise systems for control and efficient flow of traffic.

(x) Provide and maintain solid and waste water disposal system.

You can jobs in both sectors after completing Civil Engineering

1. Government sectors like Railways.

2. Public sectors like SAIL, BHEL, NTPC, POWERGRID, INDIAN OIL, etc etc....

3. Private sectors.....

The name of the top 8 companies of Civil branch in India are as follows............

1. DLF

2. BL

3. Kashyap

4. Prestige

5. Raheja

6. Maytas

7. L&T

8. Brigade..
27th April 2012, 10:51 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will there be any scope for Job Opportunities after completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

There is ample scope for jobs after B.Tech. You can try for jobs in both government and private sector as well. You can apply for technical posts in Railways, Defense services, Civil services etc. Opportunities also exist in public sector companies like NTPC, BHEL, SAIL, ISRO etc. You need to qualify in written examination so as to apply for jobs in any of the above mentioned government divisions. Apart from this, you can also apply for jobs in private companies like L&T, Gammon India, and IVRCL etc. You can also enhance your job opportunities if you go for higher studies for courses like M.Tech (in technical field), MBA (in management field) etc.
5th July 2012, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

what will be the future after completing btech civil engineering?
20th September 2013, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Is civil engineering is best in btech? or Can i go for cse.
8th July 2014, 05:28 AM
Unregistered

If I only do diploma in civil and I want to work in ksa will I get minimum salary to my needs.........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?