13th November 2016, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

How can I become an IPS officer after completing Bachelor in Engineering?

Respected Sir, I have completed Bachelor in Engineering and now I want to apply for IPS officer's post. I want to know how can I become an IPS officer after completing Bachelor in Engineering? Please answer as soon as possible.

13th November 2016, 11:17 PM
pruthvi12dba

Default Re: How can I become an IPS officer after completing Bachelor in Engineering?

To apply IPS Officer's Post first your minimum qualification should be graduation.

* So first complete your graduation with better marks.
* And then IPS exam is a part if civil services exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC ).

* Age limit - A candidate must have 21 years attained and General Maximum 32
OBC Maximum 35
Sc/St Maximum 37

* Physical Fitnes : Height : 165 cms
Height : 160 - 145 for ST students.

* Chest : The minimum chest girth, fully expanded: 84 cm
Expansion of 5 Cm.
* Eyesight : A distant vision of 6/2 or 6/ 9 for worse eye and 6/6 or 6/9 vision for good eye.

* How to Apply: You can apply it through online and i shared the link here,

http://www.upsconline.nic.in

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM. 2017

DATE OF NOTIFICATION (WEDNESDAY)- 22.02.2017

LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS - 17.03.2017 (FRIDAY)

DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF EXAM - 18.06.2017 (SUNDAY)

These are the dates for upcoming year to apply for the post.
14th November 2016, 09:03 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IPS officer after completing Bachelor in Engineering?

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Services Examination for different services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc. The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination is:

>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for Civil Services examination. Bachelor of engineering candidates are also eligible for Civil Services examination.

>>Age limit for candidates of different category:

General category: 21-32 years.

OBC candidates: 21-35 years.

SC/ST candidates: 21-37 years.

Candidates who are eligible for this exam are required to apply for this examination when notification is released. You will have to clear all three stages of this exam and obtain a rank upto which Indian Police Services is alloted. You also need to meet minimum physical criteria required to join Indian Police Services.
14th November 2016, 01:53 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Service entrance examination conducted for recruitment of candidates as an I.P.S, I.A.S, I.F.S etc.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university and age must be between 21-32 years with +3 years and +5 years relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination as you have completed your bachelor degree and the examination is conducted in three stages for final selection candidates have to qualify in all these stages.

The application form for examination will be available from February and the examination will be conducted in June for first stage.
14th November 2016, 01:54 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed Bachelor in Engineering and now I want to apply for IPS officer's post. I want to know how can I become an IPS officer after completing Bachelor in Engineering? Please answer as soon as possible.

You can become an IPS Officer after completing Bachelor in Engineering through the UPSC Civil Services Examination. The civil services examination has preliminary examination, main examination and interview. The graduates in any discipline are eligible for the civil services examination. You have to clear the preliminary examination first. The examination will be conducted once every year. The competition for the civil service is very high. You can also avail coaching classes to clear the examination. After completion of preliminary examination, you have to appear for main examination and finally the interview process to become an IPS officer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?