22nd August 2016, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

How to get into the defence sector after completion of B.Tech in ECE branch?

I have done my B.Tech in ECE branch and very much interested in joining defense. But the problem is i don't have any idea about it. Can you please tell me how to get into defence sector after completion of B.Tech in ECE branch?

23rd August 2016, 09:50 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get into the defence sector after completion of B.Tech in ECE branch?

Yes, you are eligible to join defence service. To join service you have to appear and qualify in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed degree in any discipline from recognised university.

The age limit and stream of degree varies for different wing.

Navy - 19-22 years with B.Tech/B.E or mathematics or physics.

Air Force - 19-23 years with B.Tech/B.E or Mathematics or Physics.

Army - 19-24 years and OTA - 19-25 years.

So, you can appear for entrance examination and after qualifying in examination eligible for final recruitment in service. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th August 2016, 05:22 PM
userdefined

Default Re: How to get into the defence sector after completion of B.Tech in ECE branch?

There are lot of opportunities available for Engineering Graduates to join Indian Defence sector. There are Officer Entry, Sailor Entry for Technical Branch as well as Management Field.
Indian Defence includes Armed Forces( Air Force, Navy, Army), Para Military Forces(BSF, Coast Gaurd, CAPF), NSG(National Security Guard).
UES Entry: In the final year of Engineering, you are eligible to attend this Entry as for as the Department is concerned.
After completing your Degree there are various option in joining Defence. This may be Short Service Commission or Permanent Commission.
-Each Armed Forces will notify for 2 entries in a Calendar year.
-CAPF, BSF, SSB, Coast Guard are some of the other forces through which you can apply and attend the Process.
-CDS is the Exam conducted by UPSC where you can get into INA, IMA etc.
24th August 2016, 11:55 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

ECE stands for Electronics and Communication Engineering. It is a core stream of engineering which has lots of career opportunities in private and public sector. There are two entrance exam after clearing which you can join Defence sector.

>>First entrance examination is Combined Defence Services. This examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year and you are eligible for all academies of Defence after bachelor's degree in ECE.

The age limit for Indian Naval Academy is 19-22 years, for Indian Air Force Academy is 19-23 years and for Indian Military Academy is 19-24 years and for Officer's Training academy is 19-25 years. Both unmarried male and female candidates are eligible for this examination. For any more details, you can visit http://www.upsc.gov.in.

>>Second examination is Air Force Common Admission test. You can apply for AFCAT exam after bachelor's degree in ECE. You are eligible for Flying branch, Technical and Ground duty branch. For any more details about AFCAT, you can visit http://careerairforce.nic.in/.

In both exams, you will have to first clear written test then Service Selection Board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?