23rd April 2015, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to join and job role in Indian Engineering Service for B.Tech(ECE) final semester candidate?

Hello everyone,
I would like to know that what is the process
for getting join in Indian Engineering Service?
What I have to do in this Service?
What is the job in this IES?
I am in final semester of my B.Tech(ECE)
and I am planning to join IES.
Please help me.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to appear in Indian Engineering Service exam for B.Tech(ECE) final semester student?
  2. Eligibility to apply in Indian Engineering Service recruitment exam for B.Tech(ECE) final semester student?
  3. Procedure to join Indian Navy being a candidate pursuing 5th semester of B.Tech course with an age of 22 years?
  4. Detailed information, procedure and eligibility to join Indian Postal Service for B.Com final year student?
  5. Procedure to join Defence Job being a candidate pursuing final year of Mechanical Engineering?
  6. Procedure to join Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 5th semester BE in Electronics and Instrumentation? Information regarding University Entry Scheme?
  7. Procedure to apply for Industrial Training in DMRC for B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) final semester student?
  8. Detailed information about job specification of Indian Foreign Service for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 1st year candidate? -- [New]
  9. Procedure to get Job in Indian Army being a candidate of pursuing Mechanical Engineering? Required percentage of marks to get Job in Indian Army?
  10. Procedure to join Indian Army being a candidate of pursuing final year of Polytechnic in Mechanical?
  11. how can i join indian navy being in final year? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. What kind of posts are available in Indian Railway for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 5th semester student? Can I appear in Indian Railway recruitment exam in my final semester?
  13. Complete details about IES exam?
  14. Job opportunities in Abroad for B.Tech(Instrumentation Engineering) final semester candidate?
  15. Detailed procedure to join Indian Police Service?
  16. How can I prepare to crack Indian Economic Service recruitment exam? Procedure to join Indian Economic Service?
  17. Procedure to apply for Summer Internship in Ashok Leyland, Coimbatore for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) final semester student?
  18. Are commerce students eligible to join Indian Forest Service?
26th April 2015, 09:17 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to join and job role in Indian Engineering Service for B.Tech(ECE) final semester candidate?

Indian Engineering Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year for recruitment to Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering. Notification has been released. Last date for receipt of application has been closed on 10th April 2015. Next notification will be published in the month of February / March in the official website of UPSC.

Engineering Service Examination is conducted for admission to Indian Railway Service, Railway Store Service Engineer, Central Engineering Service, Defence Service of Engineer, Ordance Factory, Assistant Executive Engineering in Military Services and Asst Engineering in P & T building. You will be worked as in these areas after successfully clearing all the rounds.

Eligibility Criteria:

-You should have completed Engineering degree from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.
-No percentage bar is there to apply for this examination.
-Those who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply.
-You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years as on 1st august of the year of examination.
-Upper age limits is applicable for reserved categories.

Procedure to apply:

You are required to register online by using the official website of www.upsconline.nic.in. There is no offline mode of application forms. Only online mode of application forms are available. The cost of application form is Rs.200/-

The selection process consist of written examination followed by personal interview. Written examination consist of General knowledge, General English and 4 (i.e Civil, Mech, Electrical, Electronics) types question papers what you have chosen at the time of registration.
26th April 2015, 10:11 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join and job role in Indian Engineering Service for B.Tech(ECE) final semester candidate?

To join in Indian Engineering Service, you need to appear in IES examination which is conducted by UPSC every year. Candidates who have completed their Graduation degree in Engineering from a recognised university are eligible to appear in Indian Engineering Services examination. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IES examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per government rules.

3. You must have completed Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Technology from a recognised university to be eligible to appear in IES examination.

Selection Procedure :-
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Mains Examination
3. Personal Interview

By qualifying in all three rounds of selection procedure of IES examination, you are eligible to join in Indian Engineering Service.
26th April 2015, 10:38 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes dear you are absolutely eligible to apply for IES examination being a Final year graduation student. Age should be in between 21 to 30 yeas as per UPSC norms. But you must possess some requirements regarding the Eligibility criteria and Notification details.

Through IES Examination you can apply for various central government fields as a Engineer. Like through IES score you will have a chance to apply for Indian Railways " Group B " posts.

After fulfill all eligibility criteria you need to log on to the official website of UPSC. There you can fill a application form but before you must a pay a fee of Rs. 200/- for Gen and OBC candidates. There is a Fee exemption for SC/ST and Female candidates.

Important dates for IES Examination :

==> Starting date to fill the Application form : 21/03/2015

==> Last to fill the application form : 21/04/2015

==> Date of Examination :20/06/2015.

For the Notification details you can visit the website of UPSC. Click here
26th April 2015, 05:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone,
I would like to know that what is the process
for getting join in Indian Engineering Service?
What I have to do in this Service?
What is the job in this IES?
I am in final semester of my B.Tech(ECE)
and I am planning to join IES.
Please help me.
Yes, you are eligible for Indian Engineering Service examination.

Jobs through Indian Engineering Service examination-

Indian Railway Service
Railway Store Service Engineer
Central Engineering Service
Defence Service of Engineer
Ordance Factory
Assistant Executive Engineering in Military Services
Asst Engineering in P & T building

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination.

If you have completed bachelor engineering degree course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination but your written exam subjects are -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from above mentioned subject. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES Exam. Final year student are also eligible for IES exam.

The applicant age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

SC/ST = 5 years
OBC =3 years
PWD =10 years
Ex-Servicemen = 5 years

www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?