27th April 2015, 04:15 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in CLAT if completed 2nd year of B.Com?

Respected Sir,
I've done my B.Com 2nd year so I
want to know am I eligible for appearing
in upcoming CLAT exam?
Please reply as soon as possible.

29th April 2015, 05:51 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in CLAT if completed 2nd year of B.Com?

If your age is below 20 years, then you are eligible to appear in CLAT Entrance Examination. As far as your educational qualification is concerned you are eligible to apply for CLAT Exam since you have already completed 12th Class in 10+2 pattern. But to appear in CLAT Entrance Examination, you need to meet the below eligibility criteria (One is Educational Qualification & the other is Age Criteria).

Educational Qualification:

@ The minimum required educational qualification required is "12th Class" and hence you are certainly eligible to appear in CLAT Exam.

Age Criteria:

Maximum age (For General and OBC Category Candidates) - 20 years

Maximum age (For SC/ ST/ PWD Category Candidates) - 22 years

As you have already passed 2nd of B.Com, which means you are 20 years old candidate or more. The main eligibility that whether you are eligible or not depends on your age and Caste category. So if your age is more than the mentioned above age limit, then I am sorry you cannot appear in CLAT Examination.

Click here for CLAT Eligibility Criteria
29th April 2015, 05:53 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

If your age is below 20 years, then you are eligible to appear in CLAT Entrance Examination. As far as your educational qualification is concerned you are eligible to apply for CLAT Exam since you have already completed 12th Class in 10+2 pattern. But to appear in CLAT Entrance Examination, you need to meet the below eligibility criteria (One is Educational Qualification & the other is Age Criteria).

Educational Qualification:

@ The minimum required educational qualification required is "12th Class" and hence you are certainly eligible to appear in CLAT Exam.

Age Criteria:

Maximum age (For General and OBC Category Candidates) - 20 years

Maximum age (For SC/ ST/ PWD Category Candidates) - 22 years

As you have already passed 2nd of B.Com, which means you are 20 years old candidate or more. The main eligibility that whether you are eligible or not depends on your age and Caste category. So if your age is more than the mentioned above age limit, then I am sorry you cannot appear in CLAT Examination.

Click here for CLAT Eligibility Criteria
29th April 2015, 06:26 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. It is an all India entrance examination which is conducted by 16 National Law Universities (NLUs) for admissions to their under-graduate and post-graduate degree programmes (LL.B. & LL.M.). Eligibility criteria required to appear in CLAT examination is mentioned below :-

For U.G Programmes :-
1. You must have obtained Higher Secondary School/ Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate with not less than an aggregate of 45% (40% in case of SC/ST) marks from a recognized Board.

2. You should be under 20 years of age as on 1st July of the year of examination. In case of SC/ST and Persons with Disability candidates, the maximum age is 22 years.

For P.G Programmes :-
1. You should have obtained an LL.B./a five year integrated LL.B./any other equivalent degree in Law with not less than an aggregate of 55% (50% for SC/ST candidates) marks from a recognized University.

2. There is no upper age limit specified by universities to be eligible to apply for P.G programmes.

Since, you have not completed and not pursuing Law degree course, you are not eligible to apply for P.G Programme CLAT examination and you are eligible to apply only for U.G.Programme CLAT examination.
29th April 2015, 08:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I've done my B.Com 2nd year so I
want to know am I eligible for appearing
in upcoming CLAT exam?
Please reply as soon as possible.
Yes, you are eligible for CLAT exam.

CLAT is stands for Common Law Admission Test.

If you have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board then you are eligible to attend in CLAT exam for admission in Under graduate course.

The candidate age should not be more than 20 years for under graduate course.

CLAT 2015 :-

Date of Issue of First Admission Notification: 25th December, 2014 (Thursday)

Starting date for Submission of Online Application Form: 01st January 2015 (Thursday)

Last date for Submission of filled-in Online Application Form: 31st March 2015 (Tuesday), by 11.59 PM

Download of Admit Cards/Hall Tickets From: 15th April 2015 (Wednesday)

Date of CLAT-2015 Online Exam: 10th May 2015 (Sunday)

For online application of CLAT exam, you may log onto www.clat.ac.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?