31st May 2015, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Cutoff marks required in JEE Main and Advanced to study in IIT, IIIT and NIT for a General candidate who has secured 75.6% in 12th CBSE?

Sir,
I have not appeared in JEE Main and Advanced this year.
So how much marks will require to get NIT, IIT and IIIT?
I have got 75.6% in 12th CBSE Board and I am a General candidate.

Related Questions:
  1. What rank I will achieve if scored 180 marks in JEE Main and 86.6% in 12th CBSE being a General candidate? Can I get admission in IIIT, NIT or DA-IICT?
  2. Percentage required in 12th CBSE to appear in JEE Advanced?
  3. Cutoff marks required in JEE Advanced to study B.Tech in IIT-Mumbai?
  4. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to get admission in NIT Durgapur for SC candidate who has secured 82% in 12th WBCHSE Board exam?
  5. Am I eligible to get admission in NIT if secured 110 marks in JEE Main?
  6. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study B.Tech for a candidate who has secured 83% in 12th ISC?
  7. Am I eligible to get admission in NIT-Durgapur if secured 85% in 12th CBSE and scored 83 marks in JEE Main being an OBC candidate? -- [New]
  8. Can I get any NIT or IIT after scoring 88 marks in JEE mains? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Minimum marks required in JEE Main to get admission in NIT for an OBC candidate?
  10. Will I be able to appear in JEE Advance if securing rank under 10,000 in JEE Main and secured 70.2% in 12th CBSE being a ST candidate?
  11. Will I be able to appear in JEE Advance if securing rank under 10,000 in JEE Main and secured 70.2% in 12th CBSE being a ST candidate?
  12. Eligibility to appear in JEE Advanced for a SC candidate who has qualified in JEE Mains and secured 68.6% in 12th CBSE?
  13. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study B.Tech in NIT, Patna?
  14. Can I get admission in IIT to study B.Tech after completing 12th NIOS?
  15. Whether IIIT, Hyderabad considers only JEE Main marks for admission? Cutoff marks required in JEE Mains for admission?
  16. Can I get scholarship if secured 6242 rank in JEE Main and pursuing B.Tech in NIT-Kurukshetra?
  17. Can I get admission in NIT or IIIT engineering college? I have scored 55 marks in JEE mains
  18. Can I study Mechanical Engineering in NIT if scored 69 marks in JEE Main being a SC candidate?
31st May 2015, 09:32 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Cutoff marks required in JEE Main and Advanced to study in IIT, IIIT and NIT for a General candidate who has secured 75.6% in 12th CBSE?

JEE stands for Joint entrance examination and this examination is held for the selection of students for their bachelor of engineering courses from IIT / NIT / IIT.The examination is held in two stages which are as JEE Mains and
JEE Advance .

To appear for JEE Mains you must have done your 12th with PCM with 50% aggregate in each Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized university where as for JEE dvance you must have to qualify the JEE Mains examination along with high percentage of marks in the boards so that you lasts in top 20 percentile students of your respective board examination .As you have secured 75.6% in CBSE 12th you are eligible for the JEE Advance .

For the general candidate to qualify the JEE Mains examination the minimum cutoff for this year i.e; 2015 was recorded to be 105 marks which was about 10 marks to 15 marks less than the cutoffs for the same for last 3 years .

Also the exact cutoff for the JEE Advance examination can not predicted now bu on the past year results trend you can expect same to be around the 120 marks to 130 marks .

On the basis of your overall performance in the above mentioned examination you will be offered a particular college and a particular trade for your engineering course .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?