29th December 2016, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to change from mechanical to civil stream?

I am completing diploma mechanical but I want to change to B.Tech civil. Is it is possible?
Which entrance exam will be write?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I change my stream to Civil Engineering being a Mechanical student?
  2. Possibility to study Mechanical Engineering for Diploma in Civil Engineering student through JELET?
  3. Can I do B.E. in Civil or Mechanical Engineering after diploma in Computer Science? Is change of stream allowed from diploma to B.E.?
  4. Can I change my stream to Civil Engineering after completion of 1st year of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering at MANUU, Darbhanga?
  5. How should I change branch to mechanical from civil? I am studying diploma in civil engineering
  6. Is it possible for me to change the stream in B.E to marine or aeronautical after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  7. Is it possible to change stream from Mechanical Engineering to Civil Engineering for Diploma student?
  8. Can I change my stream from Electronics and Electrical engineering to Mechanical or Computer engineering?
  9. Stream change from Production engineering to civil or IT in 1st year from Gujarat University?
  10. Should I change from chemical to mechanical engineering?
  11. Can I change my branch after completing Diploma in Civil?
  12. Can I change my engineering stream while doing btech? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How to join marine from 2nd year?
  14. Which stream I can opt for doing B.E after completion of diploma in Civil?
  15. Possibility to change stream into Mechanical Engineering if pursuing B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?
  16. Which course can be done after Diploma in IT? Which all job opportunities will I get in private and government sectors?
  17. Is it possible for me to change my stream in B.Tech after completion of diploma course? or I need to take the same stream as in diploma?
  18. If I have a backlog in one subject can I change from Civil to Mechanical Engineering after 1st year?
29th December 2016, 02:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to change from mechanical to civil stream?

Yes, it is possible to change your stream in Bachelor of technology. You can pursue B.Tech in Civil engineering even when you have done diploma in mechanical engineering. LEET is entrance exam which is independent of trade, diploma candidates can apply for this exam and clear it to get admission in second year of engineering directly.

The minimum percentage of marks in diploma required to apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test is 60%. You should have 60% marks minimum to apply for LEET.
29th December 2016, 09:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to change from Mechanical to Civil engineering stream for pursuing B.Tech course after completion of your Diploma course from a recognised board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard with PCM stream or three years Diploma in Civil Engineering are eligible to pursue B.Tech Civil Engineering course. Being a Diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering, you can get lateral entry admission in second year of four years B.Tech Mechanical Engineering course by appearing and qualifying the LEET examination which is conducted by your respective state technical board of education.
30th December 2016, 12:35 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

It is possible to change your stream in Bachelor of technology.

*Diploma candidates are eligible for Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

*LEET is conducted by technical board of every state.

*Diploma holders in any stream with 60% marks can apply for LEET exam.

*Based on your marks, you will get admission in stream of your choice in Bachelor of technology.
30th December 2016, 01:45 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that it is not possible for you to change from Mechanical stream to Civil at this instant after the completion of your Diploma course. Since you have completed Diploma in Mechanical engineering, you are eligible to opt for B.Tech in the Mechanical field rather than Civil.
30th December 2016, 02:07 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot change stream at the mid of the course, you can only change your stream if you wish to get admission in the the 1st year of civil engineering course. You cannot just shift from one stream to another.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?