20th July 2016, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

Is it mandatory to do internship in B.Tech 3rd year for getting a job? What will happen if I haven't done the internship?

I complete my degree of b.tech mech engg. in 2014 but i didn't do any summer internship after btech 3 rd year.wt to do? is it necessary? now can i do ?? which company can offer after complete degree? Can you please answer me on this?

Thanks!

25th July 2016, 11:33 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to do internship in B.Tech 3rd year for getting a job? What will happen if I haven't done the internship?

It is not necessary to pursue internship during engineering course unless there are credits for it. Usually pursuing training or certifications is enough. Since you have completed your B.Tech course, so you can still opt for internship opportunities. But it is better to prepare and go ahead for job opportunities. Since you are from mechanical background, so you can find opportunities in core sectors like :-

- PSUs like ONGC, IOCL, NTPC, CIL, NHPC etc.
- Power plants like Tata Power, Reliance Power, etc.
- Steel plants like Tata Steel, Jindal Steel, Bhushan steel, etc.
- Indian Railways
- Indian Metro Railways
- State Electricity Corporation of India.
26th July 2016, 02:10 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to do internship in B.Tech 3rd year for getting a job? What will happen if I haven't done the internship?

No, it is not at all mandatory to do internship in B.Tech course or any other course in order to get a job. Pursuing internship program is only a plus point that will be reflected in your CV and ultimately will be better for you while you will be opting for interview session.

Yes, you can pursue internship now, there is no problem in it. Nothing can be said about the companies that will provide job to you. You should sit for interview in various companies and see whether you get the job post or not.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?