19th February 2010, 01:49 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Your Feedback and Suggestions

A very important note.

I have noticed that many members use to give referance of pages from www.winentrance.com but I have noticed and have sure confidant that some of dates or information of different entrance exams provided by them are wrong.

So I kindly request our respected members to avoid giving referance pages of this site or atleast confirm from other sites or official site weather the information provided from www.winentrance.com are right or not.

I even tried you contact the site administrator of www.winentrance.com to complain them for this issue,but failed.

Thank you & Take care.
19th February 2010, 01:58 AM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddusajj View Post
hi,
i have a small problem which i feel is not fare,
what i am seeing is that the points are being given on the basis of answers given in the previous scholarships,i may have not given good answers in previous scholarships but i am really making sure that i give the correct answers up to the point in this scholarship even then value of my answer is not increasing,but some people who have given good answers in previous scholarships are being given more points in present scholarship even though there answer is absolutely rubbish,this is not fare

Maddusajj,

The multipliers keep getting adjusted. In the beginning the values are carried over from previous session but they are adjusted later according to the performance of member in ongoing session. You don't worry about that.. when the values are adjusted.. all the answers of ongoing session will get increased points.. and if you are posting good answers.. sooner or later you'll realize that you are getting more points per answer. We'll ensure that the system will do justice with everyone.

Update: I just checked and found that previously you were getting 4 points per answer and now you are getting 6, so you can't say it is unfair. Just keep it up, ignore the points... concentrate on helping students and maintaining good quality+quantity. Victory will be yours.
19th February 2010, 01:59 AM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiyaz View Post
A very important note.

I have noticed that many members use to give referance of pages from www.winentrance.com but I have noticed and have sure confidant that some of dates or information of different entrance exams provided by them are wrong.

So I kindly request our respected members to avoid giving referance pages of this site or atleast confirm from other sites or official site weather the information provided from www.winentrance.com are right or not.

I even tried you contact the site administrator of www.winentrance.com to complain them for this issue,but failed.

Thank you & Take care.

Faiyaz,

We'll pass on this information to all the members. Thanks for the heads up, appreciated.
20th February 2010, 04:04 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Sir,
I think this forum really required a "Notice Board" I am feeling Adequate shortage of a "Notice Board"/"Hot News" here,because there lots of changes in present education system,I have noticed many of the askers here are in urgent need of it.

For example-

1)Since from this year there is no GATE for M.pharma,a new entrance is introduced for it GPAT,NIPMER-JEE etc.so if there is any "Notice Board"/"Hot News" like thread or ealse we will be able to clear doubts of askers to a large extend.

2) In case of www.winentrance.com,I have to made an announcement here I feel If there would be any "Notice Board"/"Hot News".

Besides this many more similar problems will be solved if "Notice Board"/"Hot News" like somthing would be introduced sooner.

What do you think is'nt it a good idea? please think about this issue,because this an educational website and just by answering the queries here we wont be able become a good educational website.

I'll be waiting for your good response in this issue.

Thank you
22nd February 2010, 05:03 AM
Admin
Administrator

@Faiyaz,

The thing is, people who ask questions here don't really know about terms like forum, thread, post or notice board. If we put a "Hot News" section in here, the members who require these informations most won't really understand what section to look in. They just come, submit their question and receive answers through email. We don't want to make things difficult for them.

We deliberately made the forum too simple and minimalistic. But as we grow as a community, we do need to bring-in gradual changes to make things more useful while not sacrificing the simplicity.

At this point in time we are taking note of your suggestions. Thanks.
22nd February 2010, 09:40 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi sir,
it is very nice to see that the questions are getting uploaded very fastly as compared to previous days,it is very good.i am happy to be back,i was not able to visit the forum because of my gate exam
22nd February 2010, 09:52 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiyaz View Post
A very important note.

Thank you & Take care.
hi,
i do agree with you,they provide information which is very old and irrevalent,also there are some errors regarding dates of exams within there forum,
i would also like to ask you to help me with any other such sites so that we could avoid giving reference to it,and you are doing a great job by helping all other forum members fron doing mistakes
22nd February 2010, 01:51 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Thaks for your response.

But the thing just I want to say is that,there are lots of changes in present study system of India,few new entrance has been introduced,some present systems are reform,changes in entrance exams etc.which is still in motion,so the thing is that we have answered in old format,or we have answer the quiries 3 months earlier has some changes in it now so how can we notify about these changes or easle support,as it is not possible to find the old replies and edit them.

For example-

previously there was direct PAT entrance followed by PI etc. for persuing CPL from IGRUA,now there is WOMBAT,then PAT and all,so the thing is that I have answered many similar questions in old format is it possible for me to find them and edit,or leave them as usual.

Hope you are getting my points.

Thak you
22nd February 2010, 02:01 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Your Feedback and Suggestions

hello ,
sir it will be better if you make separate sections for some of the exams which are most popular and people inquire a lot about them ......

as it is seen that people when inquire about those exams generally they ask particular query and it will be better if we provide them whole information about the exam ....and then if they have any further query then they can ask under that section......

you can make sections like.....GATE,AIEEE,IIT,GRE.....etc
where one can post queries under those sections......

it will not only be good for students but will also help the members of the forum.........
as all members are not good at answering all the queries of different fields......

if one is good at answering engineering questions then he will not have to search for those questions in the forum .....but he can find those questions at one place .....so it will be easy for him too.....

i hope you will consider this suggestion.....

thank you
24th February 2010, 10:53 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

i think you can seriously avoid the problem faced by the forum that members are copying answers.......

this happens only when one dont know about the topic but he still tries to answer it for points......and so gives a copied answer which is of no use........

so by making sections one can easily find queries which he can answer perfectly.......

and so it will be good for both the members and the person who writes the query.......

hope you understand it........
28th February 2010, 12:28 PM
quddus

Sir I have noticing this forum is not like previously it was,I mean to say quality of answers are decreasing day by day,this forum is only meant for earning scholarship.

Is it due to absence of our best members like- amarjit,maddusajj,faiyaz,esha sharma etc. or something esle.

Hope quality of answers would get well soon.........
18th March 2010, 12:42 PM
pulkitashrivastava

Thumbs up Re: Your Feedback and Suggestions

I believe a nice initiative to motivate people to help others with their problems and provide them with suitable solutions. I think more than monetary motivation this is a good way to link up with different people and know their problems,it will also help us to prepare ourselves with the same problems. Bestowing with a certificate is again a good thought and this will encourage more and more people to participate. In all a thumbs up from my side.....!!!!
19th March 2010, 06:30 PM
himanshumishra

Hi Admin,

I have a query & suggestion to it,

1) Whenever we post any comment (i mean post) why its not directly get visible at the thread & why it goes to admin to approve first. In this case if a person wants immediate answer would have to wait for long.. If its other way round, like admin reads the post & when found appropriate, approves the post..
If this is the case then i have one query. why post like "mujhse dosti karogi " is approved. Its such a crap..i was searching around in several threads & found such slangs.. as this is educational forum , one should respect the dignity of education, it should not be considered a place for highly depressed & desperate guys looking for girls here ..(please do not mind)

Solution:-
1) Create few moderators (give access rights to specific users definitely based on some criteria)
2) Any new thread started should go to moderators first. any of the moderator can approve /reject the thread accordingly
3) Redirect the comment directly to the post. in case comment is not appropriate or full of slang or crap.. moderators should immediately delete that post & warn that user accordingly or revoke his/her id from this forum or manage so that he may not be able to even surf on this place..
4) Categories of thread should be created . only example :- Job related query / admission related query / exams related query/ general discussion (Off Topic) / moderators discussion (only accessible to moderators) / course related query etc... this will help in managing & will help moderators to move any thread to its corresponding category..
5) Moderators or admin whosoever if discover any employment news/ admission news or any new course being started should be informed to all though mail or to make life easy dedicate a forum for this & let users check the daily updates on it..

above where some suggestions from my side.. due to lack of time mine English/grammar/spelling would not be appropriate so please excuse me , I sincerely regret for that.. many more improvement/advise are yet to come..
"nothing is perfect, its what we have make things improved"
21st March 2010, 02:04 PM
harsha.tortikar

Default Re: [Scholarships] Your Feedback and Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarjit View Post
its a good contest ......good place to help fresh students.....
the scholarship program encourages to post more and more posts.........
Fantastic Idea. It can enhance the knowledge of enthusiastic students
22nd March 2010, 04:25 AM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Whenever we post any comment (i mean post) why its not directly get visible at the thread & why it goes to admin to approve first. In this case if a person wants immediate answer would have to wait for long.. If its other way round, like admin reads the post & when found appropriate, approves the post..
If this is the case then i have one query. why post like "mujhse dosti karogi " is approved. Its such a crap..i was searching around in several threads & found such slangs.. as this is educational forum , one should respect the dignity of education, it should not be considered a place for highly depressed & desperate guys looking for girls here ..(please do not mind)
If we allow posts to show up instantly the forum will always be full with spammy links and useless products promotions.

We agree that sometimes some useless posts do manage to make it to the approved list. But we are seriously trying to minimize this thing.

Quote:
1) Create few moderators (give access rights to specific users definitely based on some criteria)
2) Any new thread started should go to moderators first. any of the moderator can approve /reject the thread accordingly
We'd soon be appointing few reputed members as moderators.

Quote:
Categories of thread should be created . only example :- Job related query / admission related query / exams related query/ general discussion (Off Topic) / moderators discussion (only accessible to moderators) / course related query etc... this will help in managing & will help moderators to move any thread to its corresponding category..
It has been discussed earlier, several times. We'll surely give it a thought when we appoint moderators.

Quote:
Moderators or admin whosoever if discover any employment news/ admission news or any new course being started should be informed to all though mail or to make life easy dedicate a forum for this & let users check the daily updates on it..
We have this in our priority list. The only issue is about implementation, we need to make sure that new users somehow get to know what section they should look in. Need to plan it.

Quote:
"nothing is perfect, its what we have make things improved"
Indeed.

Thanks for your suggestions, they were really helpful. Keep them coming.
22nd March 2010, 10:21 AM
fjindal

everything is good here
nothing is bad
but there is a need of improvement in scholarship program
like you should give certificate to top 10 members
it will encourage others to come there & help some freshers
it can learn lesson of humanity to everyone to help others
all over it's a very good way
29th March 2010, 12:27 PM
himanshumishra

Hi Admin, few days ago i have posted my Introduction, but i can't see my post under introduce yourself section. Please advise..
2nd April 2010, 08:26 PM
mayur purohit

sir im not handecap but on my admit card ther is shown that i am hp
2nd April 2010, 08:38 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

it is not good for you....there is an error in your admit card and you need to inform it to your principal. then you will have to apply for correction ...so that the same does not happens with your passing certificate......don't worry it will be done.....

best of luck
13th April 2010, 09:32 PM
waseem123

Question Re: waseem123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Hello all, in this section you can tell us what you like about this forum and what you don't. You can also suggest us things we need to modify/enhance/improve upon.

We'd also like to know what do you think about Scholarships+Certificates that we are giving here, any suggestions?
This scholarship+certificate should mostely given to kashmiri students because everywhere they are lagging behind ,due to disturbances mostly in india.Anyone have to come forward to help.
14th April 2010, 12:11 AM
zeba

I think its good for all either as a compitition or part time work for get the money ..biggest one the certificate.....................in this compition we r helping so many student who need our ideas and our knwleges...........
15th April 2010, 07:55 PM
satyavani
Senior Member++

hi,
i think once an member wins a prize and he enters his details ,there should be no need for him to enter his details again if he wins in the future unless he ask for the change of the details.
thank you
16th April 2010, 12:54 AM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyavani View Post
hi,
i think once an member wins a prize and he enters his details ,there should be no need for him to enter his details again if he wins in the future unless he ask for the change of the details.
thank you
We've been thinking about it, just didn't have the time to implement the system. We're now pushing it into our to do list. Thanks.
16th April 2010, 09:10 AM
khusi

i have observed that there has been huge decrease in the competition and also the quality of answers in the previous two scholarships,
and also there is decrease in the number of poll questions being asked,
may be there is some thing wrong?
16th April 2010, 09:13 AM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by khusi View Post
i have observed that there has been huge decrease in the competition and also the quality of answers in the previous two scholarships,
and also there is decrease in the number of poll questions being asked,
may be there is some thing wrong?
  • Competition has decreased due to exams.
  • Quality has increased, quite noticeably.
  • We have been neglecting the polls for some time now. We'll look into it.
  • Nothing is wrong, all is well.
17th April 2010, 07:53 AM
satyavani
Senior Member++

i am interested in tafp please tell me what to do next?
what are the steps to be taken?
17th April 2010, 02:15 PM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyavani View Post
i am interested in tafp please tell me what to do next?
what are the steps to be taken?
Replied on the TAFP announcement page, please check there.
19th April 2010, 09:46 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
We are thinking about having more stipend per month along with more responsibilities.TAFP level 1,level 2 etc.
It's quite good Idea.It will encourage more and more new mebers toward TAFP.

But little confused about this program.Lets see after getting TAFP result on 7 may.

May I have few more details about this program???

Thanks
~Faiyaz~
16th May 2010, 07:13 PM
sweta dubey

although i am new to this. but i can definitely say it is wonderful and it is surely helping students who aspire to be at par with the world..the point system is although interesting but i feel it should be given once the post has been approved by the moderator.
16th May 2010, 09:53 PM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweta dubey View Post
although i am new to this. but i can definitely say it is wonderful and it is surely helping students who aspire to be at par with the world..the point system is although interesting but i feel it should be given once the post has been approved by the moderator.
Shweta,

Thanks for your motivating words. Appreciated.

The points are given instantly to make things more transparent and less confusing. We do however re-adjust points from time to time according to the performance of members.
17th May 2010, 12:01 AM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

i think it is a good question......

friendly relation relation between unknown person may happen......
17th May 2010, 05:14 PM
A . Shalini

Smile Re: Your Feedback and Suggestions

Quote:
Hello all, in this section you can tell us what you like about this forum and what you don't. You can also suggest us things we need to modify/enhance/improve upon.

We'd also like to know what do you think about Scholarships+Certificates that we are giving here, any suggestions?
first of all thank you so much for this forum. its really helpfull, especially for students. and the scholarship programme is wonderful as it motivates everyone to help the needful by posting more and more posts
19th May 2010, 08:02 AM
varadarajan.k

Smile Re: Your Feedback and Suggestions

This SCHOLARSHIP+CERTIFICATE scheme is very good and knowledgeable programme for college and school students. Because, it will clear the queries and strengthening the subject wise approaches . Due to typing and searching the answers for the queries,increasing my english knowledge as well as readability.For college students, forum act as a good navigator for searching the good jobs.
so, lot of thanks to EDUCATION AND CAREER FORUM....
29th May 2010, 02:36 PM
pooja24m

really a good way to resolve the queries of student..
29th May 2010, 03:25 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

I am waiting for some few new Threads and Thinks to be introduced in Forum.

No doubt that this Forum is increasing with Rapid extent, Quality of Posts has also been improved, new Talents are showing interest, students are getting serious about there Career and Country. But still there are many applications to be made here.

Lets see, What we have new to be introduced in Forum in coming Days.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
1st June 2010, 12:20 AM
kaushu
Senior Member++++

I think you should think over the idea i am about to give.

I want to say that why don't we make some divisions in the forum where we can give our suggestion about a particular field.

All i want to convey is that there should be some divisions other than general discussion threads, like one for management, one for engineering etc.

So that anyone who have the knowledge about any new course in that field or any institute, can share it with all of us.

It would be useful, as most of the students who come here asks for the regular courses, and majority of them did not even get to know about the new course which is launched somewhere else.

I hope you will think on this idea too.

Thanks
1st June 2010, 09:02 AM
Admin
Administrator

@kaushu,

This has been discussed several times in this thread.

Do you really think we have not thought about this yet?

I tell you about the nature of this forum. Three types of users:

1. Askers
2. Answerers
3. Visitors

So.. if we enable divisions (or sections), for that to be justifiable we need to consider which type of users would be benefiting from it.

1. Askers.

No. Because they are only interested just one thing - one particular question in their mind, which they are going to ask.

2. Answerers

No. Because what you said - "So that anyone who have the knowledge about any new course in that field or any institute, can share it with all of us." looks good on paper.. but it's not practical. This is a different type of community.. not like other forums.

3. Visitors

No. Because they land on particular threads (questions) and leave, they are never really interested in anything else. Some of them may be interested to explore some more.. but they are few.

-----

Sections will have to be introduced sooner or later, it's just that now is not the right time.

Thanks for your suggestions.. keep them coming.
1st June 2010, 11:36 AM
kaushu
Senior Member++++

Actually i was not aware that this idea is already given before.

And sorry but i don't agree with this statement of yours-

So.. if we enable divisions (or sections), for that to be justifiable we need to consider which type of users would be benefiting from it.

1. Askers.

No. Because they are only interested just one thing - one particular question in their mind, which they are going to ask.

2. Answerers

No. Because what you said - "So that anyone who have the knowledge about any new course in that field or any institute, can share it with all of us." looks good on paper.. but it's not practical. This is a different type of community.. not like other forums.

3. Visitors

No. Because they land on particular threads (questions) and leave, they are never really interested in anything else. Some of them may be interested to explore some more.. but they are few.

As far as i can see, there is always a need for such type of sections or articles, and this will help members for sure.

You said that because askers are only interested just one thing - one particular question in their mind, which they are going to ask.

I agree a bit but if you think a bit far, they ask a particular question the reason for this can be that they don't even know about the courses which are launched now a days.

We all know, every year, some new courses are introduced at different levels, if we can aware everyone with them, it can be a good option for them.

A fine example for this is -

KVS recently launched a new stream, Financial Marketing Management with the consideration of Hon'ble Finance Minister.

The reason behind it was that the syllabus of commerce stream is totally outdated now, practically, it has no use in the present economy.

The scope in the new stream are really wide. [A boy from Amritsar is earning 65,000/month after +2 in FMM, and there are many more such eamples]

Though the new stream [FMM] is there in our city, but still majority of the people don't even know about it.

So all i want to say is that, try to question yourself, why everyone is asking those old question? whats there in their minds??

Thats all from me.
Sorry if i was being rude

Quote:
@kaushu,

This has been discussed several times in this thread.

Do you really think we have not thought about this yet?

Sorry, i was really unaware about the fact that it has been discussed before.

I posted it as i really wanted to promote our forum.
2nd June 2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:

it is a good idea because which helps many student to get sucesse in their careers by taking suggestions from many people......
2nd June 2010, 10:04 PM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushu View Post
think a bit far, they ask a particular question the reason for this can be that they don't even know about the courses which are launched now a days.

We all know, every year, some new courses are introduced at different levels, if we can aware everyone with them, it can be a good option for them.

A fine example for this is -

KVS recently launched a new stream, Financial Marketing Management with the consideration of Hon'ble Finance Minister.

The reason behind it was that the syllabus of commerce stream is totally outdated now, practically, it has no use in the present economy.

The scope in the new stream are really wide. [A boy from Amritsar is earning 65,000/month after +2 in FMM, and there are many more such eamples]

Though the new stream [FMM] is there in our city, but still majority of the people don't even know about it.

So all i want to say is that, try to question yourself, why everyone is asking those old question? whats there in their minds??
That's one fine example. But I have studied the behavior of question askers very closely and they seem to have no interest in other things. In fact adding other things distract them and they become confused. I am taking note of your suggestions and will try to implement them when the right time comes.
2nd June 2010, 10:17 PM
kaushu
Senior Member++++

Ok, If you think it can distract people, then we must not go for it.

But, as far as i can say, someday it will become a necessity because of the fast increasing popularity of our forum.

Lets hope it.

One more thing, whoever got the idea about this scholarship thing, hats off to him, really amazing one.
10th June 2010, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

hi i kalidos from tamilnadu.
so far i have posted so may questions but it doesn't get any response from viewers due to moderator . till now moderator have not approved my posts. so kindly take some valuable actions
11th June 2010, 04:33 PM

Hello friends.....
Its very important note.

I have noticed that many members use to give referance of pages from www.parttimesjobs.com but I have noticed and have sure confidant that the information of different ways to earning money or give different task to earn money are wrong.

So I kindly request our respected members to avoid giving referance pages of this site.

Thank you & Take care.
17th June 2010, 05:24 PM
ankita88

This is a good way of increasing your knowledge.But, i didn't understand the criteria of selecting winner/giving particular rank to any one. Actually,whenever i go to ranking page i didn' find my name anywhere and peaple you posted less reply then me had their name in list.What is the reason behind it?
17th June 2010, 08:44 PM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankita88 View Post
This is a good way of increasing your knowledge.But, i didn't understand the criteria of selecting winner/giving particular rank to any one. Actually,whenever i go to ranking page i didn' find my name anywhere and peaple you posted less reply then me had their name in list.What is the reason behind it?
The points get reset to zero at the start of every scholarships session. And I can see your name in the ranking list.
17th June 2010, 09:53 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankita88 View Post

Presently you are at 71th position with a score of 5 in the Ranking page.

Check it out Nicely.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
18th June 2010, 03:06 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

i really enjoy to participate in such type of education forum because its my interest that at 2.00 a.m at night i am answering the questions.rank and scholarship doesn,t matter for me.i am a housewife and a mother of two children.my suggestion is that we should discuss something more about senior citizen.
18th June 2010, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

ok.tahk you so much.
21st June 2010, 02:43 AM
Unregistered

feedback helps you toimprove yourself and suggestions help me to prove myself.all the rest are kept aside. its a flexible system and an easy way to help others.
25th June 2010, 02:56 AM
leo1990

Cool Re: [Scholarships] Your Feedback and Suggestions

Quote:
Faiyaz,

I got your point.

Shiksha and ISC are running from long ago.. we've just started with this forum. It takes time.

We'll surely modify Scholarships gradually as per requirements.

~Admin
Thats for sure..
We are all with you..to make this forum more interesting in coming days!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?