12th October 2016, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Ph.D after completion of MCA? What is the criteria followed for getting the admission?

Am I eligible to join Ph.D after completion of MCA? What is the criteria followed for getting the admission? Can you please provide me the answer soon on the same. Hope that I will get the answer on this as quick as possible. Thank you all!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join Ph.D after completion of MCA? What is the criteria followed for getting the admission?
  2. Am I eligible for Ph.D course after completion of MCA in correspondence mode?
  3. For admission in PhD only post graduation score matters? Criteria for MCA holder for admission in IITs?
  4. What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D after completion of MCA?
  5. Am I eligible for PhD from IIT Delhi after MCA? Is MCA equivalent to PhD?
  6. In which filed I should do PhD after completion of MCA? Detailed information, syllabus and list of entrance exams?
  7. In which filed I should do PhD after completion of MCA? Detailed information, syllabus and list of entrance exams?
  8. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MCA in distance education?
  9. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of MCA from distance learning course?
  10. Eligibility criteria for PhD in Mathematics after MCA?
  11. Am I eligible for Ph.D from IITs after doing MCA and BCA course? What is the procedure to take admission?
  12. How to join Ph.D after doing MCA from JMIT?
  13. Am I eligible to do Ph.D directly after completion of MCA course? or I need to do M.Phil? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Can I do Ph.D next after completion of MCA course? Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Computer Science?
  15. Am I eligible to take admission for MCA course after completion of B.Com? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Career Prospects after completion of MCA course? Which courses I can join after completion of MCA course? Am I eligible for Government Jobs after completion of MCA course? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed?
  18. Procedure to get admission for PhD after completion of M.Sc in Microbiology? What is the eligibility criteria followed to apply? -- [New]
12th October 2016, 04:46 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Ph.D after completion of MCA? What is the criteria followed for getting the admission?

It depends on your marks that you are eligible or not for getting admission in PhD. If you have 55% or above marks in MCA then you are eligible for doing PhD. You can give NET exam for getting admission in a good institution or you can give the entrance exam of your university. If you want to give NET exam then you can go to the official website of CBSE and fill the online application form. This process will be start on 15th October, 2016. Thanks
12th October 2016, 09:23 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Ph.D after completion of MCA? What is the criteria followed for getting the admission?

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in Ph.D after Master of Computer Application.

The basic eligibility to appear for entrance examination to get admission in course is :-

Candidate must have passed master's degree in science/technology or MBBS or equivalent from a recognised university.

The minimum required aggregate in master's degree is 55% where as some of the universities have different minimum aggregate criteria.

So, kindly visit the university official website to get the complete information about eligibility.
12th October 2016, 10:41 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to opt for Ph.D course in Computer Application after the completion of MCA course, there is no problem in it.

Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria to do Ph.D after the completion of MCA, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D after MCA:-

Candidates must have completed Master's degree in Computer Application from a recognised University.
Candidates must have scored at least 55% of marks in Master's degree.
Candidates must have a valid NET scorecard.
12th October 2016, 11:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to join Ph.D after completion of MCA? What is the criteria followed for getting the admission? Can you please provide me the answer soon on the same. Hope that I will get the answer on this as quick as possible. Thank you all!
After completion of MCA degree, you can do Ph.D course but your masters degree marks must be above 55% from recognized University.

You should qualify in GATE or UGC NET exam to get admission in Ph.D course.

For JRF post, your age should be below 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?