27th October 2014, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

What is better for me PhD or M.Phil if qualified UGC NET and JRF?

I have completed my MCA in computer science.I am also UGCNET and JRF qualified..What is better for me ..Phd or M.phil.Also guide me the better option from careeer point of view and to claim UGC schlorship.I have heard some negative things for Phd. Please guide me

28th October 2014, 10:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is better for me PhD or M.Phil if qualified UGC NET and JRF?

After qualifying UGC NET and JRF, you must apply for Ph.D admission rather than going for M.Phil course.

Candidates with a UGC NET score and JRF experience are preferred for Ph.D admission in top universities across India.

If you do Ph.D from a good place, then surely it will be good for your career. Most of the lecturer and professor are Ph.D holders. Hence, if you have plan to enter teaching field in colleges, then Ph.D is definitely required for your career growth.

Also, if you are interested in research field, then Ph.D is very much required. UGC NET score is valid for lecturership and you can use this score within 2 years validity period.

Therefore, get admission in a good university with the help of your UGC NET score and definitely you will go in the right direction.
29th October 2014, 04:27 PM
Devdatta Divekar

Hi! MCA is Master in Computer application and it is a Masters degree, you would be eligible for M.Phil/PhD. If Phd doesn't interest you, then Mphil is also a good option and you can specailize in computer science. Best of luck
6th June 2018, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

What are good research topics in political economy in india for pursuing PhD in political science?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?