View Poll Results: Govt. Job vs. Private Sector Job

Government Job 383 77.06%
Private Sector Job 114 22.94%
Voters: 497. You may not vote on this poll

15th May 2011, 04:49 PM
mohd haider

Wink Re: Government job vs Private sector job?

now a days finding job itself s not a easy task so we should not argue about this
but still in my point of view government job s always the best
it s well secured job
but only draw back s tat we will not be exposed to the outer world
being in government sector we will grow our skill s my point

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any possibility for me to get a good private sector job after having experience with Government job?
  2. Best option between government job and private job?
  3. List of career opportunities available for a B.Tech graduate in Petroleum engineering from school of Petroleum technology Gandhinagar? I've secured CPI 5.75
  4. What would be best for me after passing MCA, Government or Private Sector?
  5. What are the job opportunities available for a fashion designer in both private and government sector?
  6. Can I go with the government job or change to private sector job?
  7. What is the different of salary we will get in private jobs and government jobs? What is the scope for both sectors?
  8. Where should I opt for job among Government and Private Sectors after completion of B.Sc(Sericulture)? Job opportunities in Government sector? -- [New]
  9. Job in government sector or private sector after GNM in private?
  10. Can I get government job after 12 years of IT experience in private sector?
  11. Which sector is better for government job or private job? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can I get a job in government sector after scoring 72% in B.E? What is the available scope in private sector?
  13. Should I prepare for government job or take of freshers job in private sector?
  14. Government/Public sector job after completing MCA with 1 year experience in private IT sector?
  15. Job opportunities in Government sector after the completion of Engineering in CS? Is it possible to earn more in Private sector than in Government sector?
  16. Jobs available in Karnataka for Biotechnology Engineers?
  17. What are the career options after LLB?
  18. Job opportunities in Private/Government sector for a B.Sc Agriculture graduate?
16th May 2011, 11:37 PM
nikhilpatidar

Default Re: Government job vs Private sector job?

Most of people of India prefer Goverment job as comparsion of Private sector job because salary of Goverment sector is purly .It has no requried tax it should be free from tax so,most of people prefer goverment sector.
1st June 2011, 05:34 PM
SUNIL PATRI

Government job is more secure than private . In government sectors , there is a limitation for the work to be done in a day and also time period of working but not in the case of private sector
2nd June 2011, 10:54 AM
Harapriya patri

I really prefer a govenment sector job becoz it is more secure than any other . In this sector their is the time limitation as well as work limitation whereas it's not in the case of private sector.
2nd June 2011, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

you more then told job security,what another facility
2nd June 2011, 04:42 PM
sourindra

I prefer Govt. job. Govt job is always secure than any other private sector job. In private sector job, pressure is too such compare to govt job. So, I think you should go for Govt. job. Best of luck!
2nd June 2011, 10:56 PM
manishkmr956

Govt jobs are like 'A lion in a zoo' and private jobs r like 'free lion in forest hunting for food'. Zoo officials give food on time to lion till his death but he has no freedom, he depend on zoo for everything while a lion in forest live life on his own.
4th June 2011, 04:00 PM
manishkmr956

Oh!!! First of all, read this

I read somewhere that there are 2 ways to live your life:
1] Live like a lion of zoo. or
2] Live like a Free lion in a forest.

The lion in a zoo have everything like 'Zoo officials give him food & water on time daily till his death', They give him very small area to roam freely but HE DEPEND on ZOO for EVERYTHING.
& on the other hand there is lion of forest who live life on its own, he is not dependant on anyone for anything. He has got the ability, talent, hard work & determination to get whatever he wants.

With experience 'the lion of forests' was getting better & better in hunting his food and slowly he also learned to hunt big animals like Bull, Elephant.

While the lion of Zoo is living a life which was in his eyes was very good means he has no tension but but but HE NEVER BECOME ABLE TO KNOW HIS REAL ABILITIES. He just wake up everyday, eaten the food thrown by zoo officials and go to sleep. He has nothing to prove, nothing to get, he has no personal goals, aim in life.

On the other hand, 'THE lION Of forest' was preparing himself for yet another day to take it on his own. He wake up in the morning & go in search for his food. At the end of the day he got his food and only then he go to sleep. May be in this process He has to live hungry for 1 or 2 days but thats ok because THAT's LIFE. Even when he get old then still he never give up, he fought till his last breath, till his Last drop of blood.

IT DEPENDS ON YOU WHETHER YOU LIKE TO LIVE LIKE a "LION of ZOO" or "LION of FOREST".

I also want to say another thing..........
Everybody here has said that in govt jobs there is JOB SECURITY.................. SO I just want to tell them that 'WE ARE NOT HERE JUST TO SECURE OUR FUTURE', WE are HERE to DO something that WE WANT to DO. We are here to realise our dreams, TO CHASE OUR PASSION, TO LIVE OUR DREAMS.

& Everybody has said that ' in Private jobs there is no job security' then 1 thing I want to tell you that DAILY IN WHOLE WORLD, LAKHS OF PEOPLE LOST THEIR JOBS and DAILY LAKHS OF PEOPLE GET A NEW ONE. If you have the ability & hardworking then there is no way that you will remain jobless.

And also throw outside the thinking from your minds that GOVT employees are Running our country, this is totally wrong because THIS IS a TRUTH THAT EVERY COUNTRY'S (DEVELOPING or DEVELOPED) ECONOMY is RUNNING DUE TO PRIVATE SECTOR of THAT COUNTRY & not because of CORRUPT and HARAM ke PILLE GOVT EMPLOYEES. IF a GOVT stop OPERATING its PRIVATE SECTOR in country then THE COUNTRY"S ECONOMY will FALL DRASTICALLY. GOVT EMPLOYEES are JUST THERE TO TAKE BRIBES, SPREADING CORRUPTION & BACK BITING THE GOVT.

SO at THE END i want TO say that """""""""WAKE UP"""""" STOP RUINING THE LIFE OF YOUR CHILDREN. WHY ARE YOU WASTING THE TALENT Of OUR country BY SENDING THEM IN GOVERNMENT JOBS. MAY Be THERE you will have nothing to do, no tension BUT BUT BUT 'THATs NOT LIFE'. LIFE MEANS TO TAKE THE CHALLENGE TO LIVE LIFE ON OUR OWN not BY DEPENDING ON SOME others.............

HOPE YOU ALL WILL TAKE MY ADVICE IN POSITIVE WAY.
7th June 2011, 12:50 PM
Thecps

Govt jobs are secure but not a person could get knowledge of anything. A private job having person has working hard and achieve goals for him or company and get higher earning then Govt. Sector.
with regards: http://www.thecps.co.in/ca-final-coaching.html
15th June 2011, 12:15 AM
Rachit joshi

Its depend upon ur work of interest in which area.for comfort n safty govt sector is good.but salary is better in prv. Sector.
16th June 2011, 08:09 PM
sachin6

Government jobs are good because they are permanent.private jobs are not permanent.
16th June 2011, 09:25 PM
Barby

I think govt.job is better the private from point of view of security,earning even after retirement,less work load.but private job have better chance of opportunity if you have the potential.
20th June 2011, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

i will like to say that govt jobs are far far better than private jobs.there is so much pressure in private jobs that every person cant handle it.private organizations are selfish about earning more and more profits.they dont think man as man.they think man as his servant.but govt jobs are so good tht no one can deny them .person in private job steals smiles from their faces.but govt job put smile on their faces
22nd June 2011, 12:57 AM
pabolu pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Which one do you prefer? A govt sector job or private sector job?
a governament job has following advantages:
1. we get a limited period of work to do
2. less strain
3. job security
4. special allowances for food , clothing and shelter
5. we can have more number of holidays
6. we can get bonus
25th June 2011, 10:23 AM
raja badam

I like private job because it is an challenging carrier and also there is no laziness in private job.
we can earn much money in a right way.you can earn much salary if we get good experience.our thinking power always growing in right way.

those are main reasons for i choose private job.
26th June 2011, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

kya lovely professional university achi placement deti hai,from last baches what was maximum package for student
3rd July 2011, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

I VE GOT POSTAL ASSISSTANT JOB ..DON KNOW WEN THEY WILL CALL ME.....I M AN ENGINEERING GRADUATE . I VE ALSO GOT OFFER FROM ACCENTURE...WHICH ONE SHALL I JOIN
6th July 2011, 02:04 AM
rana2011
Banned

Both are good but in GOVT job have a seority after joining but in private sector job there are a compresure but also have good salari.
15th July 2011, 04:21 PM
k.a.s.raghava

i prefer government job it is very secure job and we can get pension after retirement
20th July 2011, 01:18 AM
anil_kumar89

Govt. jobs may have less money but they are always better and the working hours are also fixed.in private jobs there is a serious quest of money and the main aim is work without any compromise and even has no job security and has certainly less facilities as compared to the govt ones there fore i suggest and in my openion govt jobs are a better option to opt for
21st July 2011, 02:54 PM
bijoysankar

Quote:
I like to prefer private sector job.Because I like challenges.To survive in a private job we need competition and we are more active to perform better compared to govt job.We get opportunity to show our talent in make a better career in private companies.
22nd July 2011, 05:42 PM
MUJEEB HASAN

Post Re: Government job vs Private sector job?

I think now a days private jobs are better as compare to government job in india ,because now a days there are lots of private institutions
29th July 2011, 10:04 PM
Sehwag6

Government jobs means permanent jobs but salary will be less. In private jobs salary is very good but job is not permanent. That is purely depends on our our choice and own interest. Think well and decide independently
15th August 2011, 02:31 PM
Azher88

Location: 697/4, Bhola Nagar, Kotla Mubarak pur, New Delhi-110003

This is hereby confirm that the government job is better in all aspects security point of the view, a fix remuneration point of the view, per motion point of the view and also beneficial after job also but the other side there is no any security in the private company, your job is not secure when the employer think and feel that you are not perfect for his organization he will downsize. And downsizing is the major problem in private job, and the employee alternately have to face problem.
20th August 2011, 10:38 AM
jaydip62
Member+

i think governament job are more comfortable and sebure lthough the salary package is not comparable with private but still governament service provides lots of facilities . today private jo remain no longer safe for careear. if you are a hard working ambitious guy and want to make money by lips and bound then the choise should be private job. main reason ,salary increment process is slow. it gives a different proud feeling to be a governament job where you can chose.
22nd August 2011, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

What is the positive of private job
24th August 2011, 05:44 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

I am with Government job because i this it has its loyalty, pride . You do not have to worry with your job security . payment is good facility is more than private sector most of all you can help people directly which is sometime not possible with private sector , that's my view
24th August 2011, 09:20 PM
Mannu2525

In term of security, govt. job is far more ahead of private job but as corruption grab all over in govt. jobs and work become less then no one who is hardworking want to go join govt. jobs.
5th September 2011, 12:59 AM
manoj rajpurohit

Both are closely equal because all the new comers are going to private job because this job give them nice package and in the government job there is no big package.

But government job is secure more then the private jobs.government jobs are simple and private job are little bit hard.
6th September 2011, 01:37 PM
Aninkanti

I like govt job because after joining once time there has a sceority and low labour than company.
8th September 2011, 11:18 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
i will go for a govt job.It will give more satidfaction as compare to private

job.If any person get a govt job then its very good for his future.His future

will be secured and also there is no big burden of work and govt. job is a

permanent job.So its the best option.

The other option is also good but not as good as govt job because there is no

permanent job in private sector and also there is a lot of work burden related

to private jobs.If you have the ability then you will select for private job other

wise you have on place in this field.In my opinion only one advange is present

in private job that is an employee will gets a good package in private sector.
11th September 2011, 02:20 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

government jobs are relaxed one and having well suitable life.

but the jobs in the private sectors contains more work as compared to the government jobs.
and relaxation time is less as compare to the government jobs.
also now a days the salary packages of the government jobs are more than the private sector companies.

so its safe and suitable to have the government job.
13th September 2011, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

govt. jobs like BARC/DRDO/ISRO are much better than jobs in IT companies like TCS/WIPRO/INFOSYS where mostly mediocre people are working
16th September 2011, 09:31 PM
Soni_kaur

government job give u security where as private job provide u high salary.......
17th September 2011, 03:57 PM
iqqu_k443

government job is best in todays situation
17th September 2011, 07:03 PM
Raja Azher

Government job is better just because security point of the view government job is better.
17th September 2011, 09:19 PM
Raja Azher

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiyaz View Post
Today in India private jobs remain no longer safe for career.
We know generally private job is not safer than Government job, currently we are seeing in the environment when the private company face recession then employer do downsizing and the person who is earned from private job suddenly has to face financial problem, some time some one do suicide but the other side Government job is safe of all point of the view.

Further i here by declared that Government job is best of many point of the view and person should do prefer Government job.

With Best Regards
Md. Raja Azher
18th September 2011, 10:08 PM
Raja Azher

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetha_ammu View Post
i need a govt job.i doing my m.phil(cs).pls help me
Yes it is fact that Government job is better than private sector job, and we should do prefer Government job just because government job is a prestigious and security point of the view now a days job secure should be must.
19th September 2011, 12:15 AM
Raja Azher

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalpandey11 View Post
i go for the private sector jobs as they have really a challenging level of work which govt. jobs lack.
people generally opt for govt jobs just because of the perks and easy work culture.Wheareas pvt. sector is the one which really challenges you to outperform yourself as it gives a multidimensional growth oppurtunity.
As per my idea Government job is better than private sector job and now a days security is very important in this time.
20th September 2011, 02:14 PM
Raja Azher

Quote:
Originally Posted by thakurbaba307 View Post
if there is really a way to contribute to nation and change life of those around us,its definietly by being an entrepreneur.
private sector though uncertain is exciting.. it gives u the flexibility,reward the ideas and pay handsomely..
My dear friend it is right that Government job is better than private sector job, just because now a days person want to get job with security and in private job there is no secure job, you feel secure only in government sector job, it is a prestigious job. some one feel that in private sector large number of scale we get than government job but they dont think that its not secure.

Further i hereby inform you that the Government job is better in all aspects.
20th September 2011, 02:16 PM
Raja Azher

Well all my dear friend it is right that Government job is better than private sector job, just because now a days person want to get job with security and in private job there is no secure job, you feel secure only in government sector job, it is a prestigious job. some one feel that in private sector large number of scale we get than government job but they dont think that its not secure.

So lastly i will suggest that we should more prefer Government job than private.
20th September 2011, 02:19 PM
Raja Azher

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay the winner View Post
for my opinion, government job is better than private job.
As per my perception and as per researcher it is right that the Government job is better than private sector job, just because now a days person want to get job with security and in private job there is no secure job, you feel secure only in government sector job, it is a prestigious job. some one feel that in private sector large number of scale we get than government job but they dont think that its not secure.

So finally i will say that we should more prefer Government job than private.
20th September 2011, 02:22 PM
Raja Azher

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednam View Post
seeing the current situation and number of people loosing jobs it is always better to go for an government job because it offers lots of job security and and also stability
This is to confirm that the Government job is better than private sector job, just because now a days person want to get job with security and in private job there is no secure job, you feel secure only in government sector job, it is a prestigious job. some one feel that in private sector large number of scale we get than government job but they dont think that its not secure.

So finally i will say that we should more prefer Government job than private.
20th September 2011, 02:29 PM
Raja Azher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansh_ansh View Post
every one wants security in the job.

and there is full security in the government job.
so i like government job.
also after 6th pay commission salary is being high,
so it is better.
o k
Yes i am agree with your answer that the after 6th pay commission salary is being high and the value of government job now a days has become very large, and as per our perception and recent news government job is more secure than the private job and some one feel that we do not get high remuneration in government job so he prefer private sector job, but they have to face suddenly problem there is no any security of the job.

So i hereby suggest all to prefer government job.

With Best Regards
Md.Raja Azher
20th September 2011, 02:32 PM
Raja Azher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manjeet124 View Post
I think government job is better for the future........
Yes for future government job is better one, Just because after 6th pay commission salary is being high and the value of government job now a days has become very large, and as per our perception and recent news government job is more secure than the private job and some one feel that we do not get high remuneration in government job so he prefer private sector job, but they have to face suddenly problem there is no any security of the job.

So i hereby suggest all to prefer government job.

With Best Regards
Md.Raja Azher
20th September 2011, 02:34 PM
Raja Azher

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumyaa View Post
i would like 2 prefer private sector coz it helps u 2 develope ur abilities..there is scope 4 ur ideas..u can implement new things..salary is not fixed it is given by considering ur performance. and in case of gov jobs--much much terrible 2 work...dey pull ur leg! much corruption..salary is fixed...u can not flow against d stream..u have 2 keep mum unneccessarily...if u consider gov teaching jobs den only it is excellent otherwise........nups!
In my perception for future government job is better one, Just because after 6th pay commission salary is being high and the value of government job now a days has become very large, and as per our perception and recent news government job is more secure than the private job and some one feel that we do not get high remuneration in government job so he prefer private sector job, but they have to face suddenly problem there is no any security of the job.

So We should prefer government job.

With Best Regards
Md.Raja Azher
20th September 2011, 02:50 PM
Raja Azher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how can you say the govt job is best
In my perception for future government job is better one, Just because after 6th pay commission salary is being high and the value of government job now a days has become very large, and as per our perception and recent news government job is more secure than the private job and some one feel that we do not get high remuneration in government job so he prefer private sector job, but they have to face suddenly problem there is no any security of the job.

So I can say from the above mention matter that the government job is better than private sector job.

With Best Regards
Md.Raja Azher
20th September 2011, 02:55 PM
Raja Azher

Quote:
Originally Posted by monali jadhav View Post
i prefer goverment jobs...becoz these jobs are more secure than private jobs.also you can show ur abilitis very well...B showing ur abilities u get good opportunities and it affects in posts.
This is fact that government job is better one, Just because after 6th pay commission salary is being high and the value of government job now a days has become very large, and as per our perception and recent news government job is more secure than the private job and some one feel that we do not get high remuneration in government job so he prefer private sector job, but they have to face suddenly problem there is no any security of the job.

So I can say from the above mention matter that the government job is better than private sector job.

With Best Regards
Md.Raja Azher
20th September 2011, 02:58 PM
Raja Azher

Quote:
private education vs government education
This is hereby my opinion for future government job is better one, Just because after 6th pay commission salary is being high and the value of government job now a days has become very large, and as per our perception and recent news government job is more secure than the private job and some one feel that we do not get high remuneration in government job so he prefer private sector job, but they have to face suddenly problem there is no any security of the job.

So I will be suggest you to prefer Government job.
With Best Regards
Md.Raja Azher
20th September 2011, 03:00 PM
Raja Azher

Quote:
Govt jobs may be good from security point of view otherwise ???/
This is my perception for future government job is better one, Just because after 6th pay commission salary is being high and the value of government job now a days has become very large, and as per our perception and recent news government job is more secure than the private job and some one feel that we do not get high remuneration in government job so he prefer private sector job, but they have to face suddenly problem there is no any security of the job.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?