View Poll Results: Govt. Job vs. Private Sector Job

Government Job 383 77.06%
Private Sector Job 114 22.94%
Voters: 497. You may not vote on this poll

20th September 2011, 11:16 PM
Raja Azher

Default Re: Government job vs Private sector job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma.gracy6 View Post
my dear money is not everything ,what you will do with that money where you have to compromise with your married life and family life.you cannot give time to the wife ,parents and children.after 6th pay commision the salary is as comparative as private sector.lot of stress in private and no security about the job in private.in government lot facilities has been given viz, air fare, rail fare, life insurance, health insurance etc
I am fully agree with you.

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any possibility for me to get a good private sector job after having experience with Government job?
  2. Best option between government job and private job?
  3. List of career opportunities available for a B.Tech graduate in Petroleum engineering from school of Petroleum technology Gandhinagar? I've secured CPI 5.75
  4. What would be best for me after passing MCA, Government or Private Sector?
  5. What are the job opportunities available for a fashion designer in both private and government sector?
  6. Can I go with the government job or change to private sector job?
  7. What is the different of salary we will get in private jobs and government jobs? What is the scope for both sectors?
  8. Where should I opt for job among Government and Private Sectors after completion of B.Sc(Sericulture)? Job opportunities in Government sector? -- [New]
  9. Job in government sector or private sector after GNM in private?
  10. Can I get government job after 12 years of IT experience in private sector?
  11. Which sector is better for government job or private job? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can I get a job in government sector after scoring 72% in B.E? What is the available scope in private sector?
  13. Should I prepare for government job or take of freshers job in private sector?
  14. Government/Public sector job after completing MCA with 1 year experience in private IT sector?
  15. Job opportunities in Government sector after the completion of Engineering in CS? Is it possible to earn more in Private sector than in Government sector?
  16. Jobs available in Karnataka for Biotechnology Engineers?
  17. What are the career options after LLB?
  18. Job opportunities in Private/Government sector for a B.Sc Agriculture graduate?
20th September 2011, 11:20 PM
Raja Azher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshbhadoriya View Post
private job have passion to do something and you face every day a new challenge while in government it is not so
yes it is right that the government job is tension less and in private every has to face tension in each day.
23rd September 2011, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

if u r so young like below 30 years of age, u should try to work a lot in private sector and should learn a lot.because u should know whats the nature of private jobs and learn positives and negative . Life will be really interesting until ur life is filled with surprises.So, if u dont know where u wil be tomorrow,its a challenge.but in govt job ,u can know easily where u will b after 5,10,25 years and so there s no interest in living a predetermined life.Dare to face challenges on everyday life and enjoy surprises that comes on ur way .Also, if ur dependents either ur parents or sibings are there , then decide according to their security.But dont like to live a life without challenges.

But, if u get a govt job, join and work for a maximum of 2,3 years and withih this period , decide whether will it suits for u or not and do accordingly.I think , this will clear all of u about this topic govt or private job.mail me ur reply - [email protected]
28th September 2011, 02:02 PM
Raja Azher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello,this is vasudev,i worked in indian railways for 5 years that is from 2000 to 2005,and i was absent from duties to do mbain 2006 ,and i completed my mba in2008,and now i am unable to decide wheather to go for private job....still my job in indian railways is open for me,plzzzzzzz advice someone who are working inmnc after thier mba.
Government job is better than private sector job, its secure than private.
28th September 2011, 02:05 PM
Raja Azher

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgupta786 View Post
try psu exams n other upsc exams!
it also matters which branch u did ur btech
Yes its fact that the government job is better than all point of the view.
28th September 2011, 04:33 PM
Raja Azher

Quote:
Originally Posted by renuka paresh View Post
i will opt private job.because people are thinking that by govt job they will serve the nation.but it is not like that gradually they will become part of the currepted system.by doing private jobs in mnc we can earn more & we can pay more taxes. so it is one kind of service to nation.& i don't like reservations in the govt jobs
I like government job, just because we feel secure in government job.
28th September 2011, 04:41 PM
Raja Azher

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.charan View Post
ya government job sector is always preferable by most of the people .because it is most secured sector
AS per recent market status government job is better one, Just because after 6th pay commission salary is being high and the value of government job now a days has become very large, and as per our perception and recent news government job is more secure than the private job and some one feel that we do not get high remuneration in government job so he prefer private sector job, but they have to face suddenly problem there is no any security of the job.

So We should prefer government job.

With Best Regards
Md.Raja Azher
28th September 2011, 04:43 PM
Raja Azher

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.charan View Post
i think government job is more preferable and most secure sectorand most of them try to be in this sector.
We should prefer Government job in this we can feel secure but the other side we do not feel secure in private sector job.
28th September 2011, 05:05 PM
Raja Azher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseetharamster View Post
Govt., job provides you more security to your job than needed,i don't worry for that security ,with less risk jobs and drawbacks are you cannot perfectly implement that what want,promotions will be based on qualifications,reservation and experience ,they don't care with the meaning of talent.Comparing the situations in India where you will be compelled to accept bribe i cant tolerate.
So i like private job.
Yes i am fully satisfied with your answer.
29th September 2011, 02:50 PM
Nahid90

Quote:
Originally Posted by niraj balodi View Post
i belive in quality work...
skilled work so definetly pvt sect is much better thn govt sect in this case
We know generally that the as per successful person said in the field of MBA, they said that regular MBA is many times better than correspondence MBA, In regular there is many benefits like Person who done regular MBA the knowledge of that person will more than correspondence, in remuneration point of the view also Regular is the best option and the demand of regular MBA is more than
correspondence, generally all MNC company want to hire regular MBA degree holder.
29th September 2011, 02:52 PM
Nahid90

Quote:
hello,this is vasudev,i worked in indian railways for 5 years that is from 2000 to 2005,and i was absent from duties to do mbain 2006 ,and i completed my mba in2008,and now i am unable to decide wheather to go for private job....still my job in indian railways is open for me,plzzzzzzz advice someone who are working inmnc after thier mba.
Regular MBA is many times better than correspondence MBA, In regular there is many benefits like Person who done regular MBA the knowledge of that person will more than correspondence, in remuneration point of the view also Regular is the best option and the demand of regular MBA is more than
correspondence, generally all MNC company want to hire regular MBA degree holder.
29th September 2011, 03:03 PM
Nahid90

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelynnlee View Post
Private sector jobs because you will have more prospect.
On of experience holder said that regular MBA is many times better than correspondence MBA, In regular there is many benefits like Person who done regular MBA the knowledge of that person will more than correspondence, in remuneration point of the view also Regular is the best option and the demand of regular MBA is more than
29th September 2011, 04:42 PM
Nahid90

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasriv View Post
On one hand private sector is good.They grow our skills but government not.
On other hand ,private sector is not good because there is no time for rest,busy in working but government has.
As per the recent job news and we are seeing in the market that he for future Government job is better than private sector job. after 6th pay commission salary is being high and the value of government job in current days has become very sound, and as per my idea and recent news Government job is more secure than the private job and some one feel that we do not get high remuneration in government job so he prefer private sector job, downsizing is major problem in private sector job.
29th September 2011, 04:45 PM
Nahid90

Quote:
Originally Posted by seshukumari View Post
Private sector job will be benificial for us. I think.

As per the recent job news and we are seeing in the market that he for future Government job is better than private sector job. after 6th pay commission salary is being high and the value of government job in current days has become very sound, and as per my idea and recent news Government job is more secure than the private job and some one feel that we do not get high remuneration in government job so he prefer private sector job, downsizing is major problem in private sector job.
29th September 2011, 04:46 PM
Nahid90

Quote:
I prefer gov job as money is not important than a healthy life.Private job is not secure at all.

yes it is right that private job is not secure and as per the recent job news and we are seeing in the market that he for future Government job is better than private sector job. after 6th pay commission salary is being high and the value of government job in current days has become very sound, and as per my idea and recent news Government job is more secure than the private job and some one feel that we do not get high remuneration in government job so he prefer private sector job, downsizing is major problem in private sector job.
29th September 2011, 04:47 PM
Nahid90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikenindia View Post
I would rather go for Government Job because in the present scenario, working in a private sector is not at all secure as economic crisis is going on. But in government sector, our job is secure and we can get lots and lots of facilities from it. Example, pension scheme. Also, we can feel proud that we are serving our country with our own sweat. Government job is permanent whereas Private sector job is temporary.
Yes i am agree with you.
29th September 2011, 04:48 PM
Nahid90

Quote:
Originally Posted by surendergora View Post
In present scenario, wecan see that value of govt job is decreasing as compared to back 10-20 years.
Most people opt for govt ,..thiking of job security ... but actually after they get job they become lazy , dont work and still get salary on the other hand in private sector work is upto time and precise and satisfactory.
thats why private sector is booming.

In and all , i want to say that if u really want job security..make urself competitve enough ..so that u can stay in among bright people... job security will follow itself.

Government job is better than private sector job. after 6th pay commission salary is being high and the value of government job in current days has become very sound, and as per my idea and recent news Government job is more secure than the private job and some one feel that we do not get high remuneration in government job so he prefer private sector job, downsizing is major problem in private sector job.
29th September 2011, 04:50 PM
Nahid90

Quote:
i am student because govt jobs are preffered over private sector good income my name sumair
but there is no security of your job so i hereby suggest you to join government job.
29th September 2011, 04:52 PM
Nahid90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebith View Post
government job is a good one....because this one give a guarantee to our job ,, but in private sector anything happen in anytime.. and in govt job lot of enjoyment and freefull moments there .. working time is very less in govt jobs compared to private sector jobs
Yes i am agree with you that Government job is better than private sector job. after 6th pay commission salary is being high and the value of government job in current days has become very sound, and as per my idea and recent news Government job is more secure than the private job and some one feel that we do not get high remuneration in government job so he prefer private sector job, downsizing is major problem in private sector job.
29th September 2011, 04:53 PM
Nahid90

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor.singh View Post
goverment is more secure then private......

it was observed recently.. when
recession hit us.......

making a choise in this context is complex. But,

all over people need a secure and stable job......

if private can provide this...... why not join private sector......

29th September 2011, 04:57 PM
Nahid90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit Vashisht View Post
I would always prefer government job over private because government job is secure and it is a stable job.
Stable in the sence of time management, privelage, facilities and miscellaneous perks.
yes person should do always prefer government job as per the recent job news and we are seeing in the market that he for future Government job is better than private sector job. after 6th pay commission salary is being high and the value of government job in current days has become very sound, and as per my idea and recent news Government job is more secure than the private job and some one feel that we do not get high remuneration in government job so he prefer private sector job, downsizing is major problem in private sector job.
29th September 2011, 05:01 PM
Nahid90

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll View Post
Hi!
Well this very difficult to say whether a government job is better or private sector job is better. Both the sectors were good in their respective values.
but finally i choose private sectors jobs because in private sectors job the rate of grow is high that is you can grow quickly on the other hand in govt. sectors jobs if you get a post you have to wait for the promotion.
So for becoming rich or getting good money you must choose the private jobs.
29th September 2011, 05:03 PM
Nahid90

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvrob139 View Post
Hi,
I like private sector as it is more disciplined and growth-oriented than govt. sector.
People have these things in mind while choosing their career
Private job: More money/growth and more hard work.
govt. job: Less money, but high quality of life.

29th September 2011, 05:05 PM
Nahid90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramesh nair View Post
I would prefer a govt. job since it will empower me to positively affect
my fellow countrymen,to the extent possible and at the same time safe-
guard financial stability for myself by ensuring a fair salary as well as a
pension after retirement.
I am agree with you.
29th September 2011, 05:06 PM
Nahid90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav.jain88 View Post
I prefer govt. job as compare to private jobs because of stability.
But the seats in govt jobs are very few and also distributed in different category.
Although the money in private jobs is higher as compare to govt job.
but lack of stability and there is a lot of work you have to do and you have to do overtime to complete the assigned work.
yes it is right.
29th September 2011, 05:07 PM
Nahid90

Quote:
i am a high placed govt officer.
govt. jobs positives are-security, leaves,perks ,reasonably good pay

negatives- corrupt system(u cant change it, makes u static)
ur personal innovativeness is not liked(in the long run, it harms u as a person)

29th September 2011, 05:12 PM
Nahid90

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyanka_swengg View Post
If you are a hard-working, ambitious & want to make money quick .
Adv:i think private always search and improve talent that means good talent food money but there is a risk of job security in private jobs.

But if you want to serve the country there is armed forces and other fields & to have a secured job then it's definitely the Govt. job But Salary increment process is slow, but after the implementation of 6th pay commission it is now very much competitive to private sector in the sense of earning money.
disadvantage is you will became Dumbo...no improvement in talent....

29th September 2011, 05:31 PM
Nahid90

Quote:
I am getting 30,000 /- per month in a MNC job... also got offer 12,000 /- per month in Gvt Job. What should I do now????
Dear i hereby suggest you that you should choose your government job and if there is some provision of departmental exam then you can join, and you will feel secure after getting job.
4th October 2011, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

i think private jobes is better coz there is a good sailary... more opportunities for promotion at company grows, if we have a tailant than private jobes are batter for us........
8th October 2011, 01:13 PM
srujanayalla

yeah to day private jobs remain no longer and it is not safe

better we go to government jobs
9th October 2011, 09:52 AM
Azher MBa

Dear all my friend government job is better because we feel secure.
9th October 2011, 09:57 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Which one do you prefer? A govt sector job or private sector job?
Hi dear i will always prefer government job.
9th October 2011, 10:12 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Which one do you prefer? A govt sector job or private sector job?
I will prefer government job.
9th October 2011, 10:15 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarjit View Post
i think government jobs are more versatile and secure......although the salary package is not comparable with private...but still government services provide lots of facilities...it not only secures the life of the employee but also his family....and it gives a different proud feeling to be a government job where we can make a difference......
I am fully satisfied with ur answer
9th October 2011, 10:33 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiyaz View Post
Today in India private jobs remain no longer safe for career.
Yes it is fact that safety point of the view government job is better.
9th October 2011, 10:44 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by keerthi View Post
I Think gov jobs are safe but if we dont get it then dont feel for it,a private one ia also better ,we can change our job and salary is high when compared to gov.
We feel secure in government job but the other side there is no security in private sector.
11th October 2011, 02:46 PM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek Dhoot View Post
gov. jobs are secure and well paid.....so they are prefered.:-)
Yes it is fact that Government job is secure in all point of the view, remuneration and security point of the view we should prefer government job.
11th October 2011, 02:47 PM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiyaz View Post
After sixth pay commission govrnment sector is more booming now.

And expected to open for horizons for upcoming generations.
Yes it is also a major cause to prefer government job after 6th pay scale.
11th October 2011, 02:52 PM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by anudmishra View Post
private job is the best because ,there is lots of freedom and money,thats not the case in government jobs
I hereby want to inform you that the in private sector there is no any security of your job, company can take decision regarding downsizing. but the other side in government sector full of secure we work.
11th October 2011, 02:57 PM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by khusi View Post
in government jobs you have lot of job security and also the powers and respect are huge for you than the people in private sector and th chances of getting fired is very less
It is fact that there is many security in the government job, and there is no much pressure on government job.
11th October 2011, 03:00 PM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalpandey11 View Post
i go for the private sector jobs as they have really a challenging level of work which govt. jobs lack.
people generally opt for govt jobs just because of the perks and easy work culture.Wheareas pvt. sector is the one which really challenges you to outperform yourself as it gives a multidimensional growth oppurtunity.
But dear friend i suggest you to go with government job some time you get maximum salary than government but suddenly you can lost your job its up to your boss so we should prefer government job.
11th October 2011, 03:05 PM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukilan View Post
government s good
but still its bad on our part to wait for government jobs
first we should engage wit job
now a days there s no difference in both
You should do your labor for government job.
11th October 2011, 03:08 PM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreet.sonam View Post
if you want to make quick money at the risk of job insecurity then private is better ...govt. jobs may have less money but they are always better and the working hours are also fixed
But if you want to make quick money i know private is better but there is no security in this so we should prefer government sector.
11th October 2011, 03:10 PM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya Mannarwar View Post
hi friend,
I think government job is better than private....................
yes it is fact that government job is right choice who want to secure life.
12th October 2011, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

i would like to become business man. so i like private job.
12th October 2011, 03:55 PM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeep.g.u View Post
government job is very good because you have a guarantee ,, but in private sector anything can happen in overnight.. and in govt job lot of luxuries you can enjoy.. working time is very less in govt jobs compared to private sector jobs
I am agree with your answer that government job is better than private sector.
12th October 2011, 04:35 PM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalkrsinha View Post
If you are a hard-working, ambitious guy & want to make money by lips & bounds then the choice should be Private jobs.
Caution: There is a risk of job security in private jobs.

If you want to serve the country & to have a secured job then it's definitely the Govt. job.
Caution: Salary increment process is slow, but after the implementation of 6th pay commission it is now very much competitive to private sector in the sense of earning money.
As per rozgar samachar Regular Mba is better than correspondence, Now a days every MNC company want to hire regular MBA student for the organization and the scope of regular MBA is more and they also get high remuneration than correspondence.
12th October 2011, 05:20 PM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddusajj View Post
government job is best in todays situation
Yes it is right that Government job is best in the current period and the scope of Government job is better than than private sector.
12th October 2011, 05:22 PM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by srilucky View Post
i need government job plz help me i completed btech

After b.tech you can apply in various post of government job.
12th October 2011, 05:24 PM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetriselvi View Post
I would vote for government jobs because I think government jobs are more safer and secure than private jobs.
I am agree with you that safety point of the view government is better.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?