View Poll Results: Govt. Job vs. Private Sector Job

Government Job 383 77.06%
Private Sector Job 114 22.94%
Voters: 497. You may not vote on this poll

12th October 2011, 05:26 PM
Azher MBa

Default Re: Government job vs Private sector job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukilan View Post
its 20th century
now a days finding job itself s not a easy task so we should not argue about this
but still in my point of view government job s always the best
it s well secured job
but only draw back s tat we will not be exposed to the outer world
being in government sector we will grow our skill s my point
yes i am agree with you.

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any possibility for me to get a good private sector job after having experience with Government job?
  2. Best option between government job and private job?
  3. List of career opportunities available for a B.Tech graduate in Petroleum engineering from school of Petroleum technology Gandhinagar? I've secured CPI 5.75
  4. What would be best for me after passing MCA, Government or Private Sector?
  5. What are the job opportunities available for a fashion designer in both private and government sector?
  6. Can I go with the government job or change to private sector job?
  7. What is the different of salary we will get in private jobs and government jobs? What is the scope for both sectors?
  8. Where should I opt for job among Government and Private Sectors after completion of B.Sc(Sericulture)? Job opportunities in Government sector? -- [New]
  9. Job in government sector or private sector after GNM in private?
  10. Can I get government job after 12 years of IT experience in private sector?
  11. Which sector is better for government job or private job? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can I get a job in government sector after scoring 72% in B.E? What is the available scope in private sector?
  13. Should I prepare for government job or take of freshers job in private sector?
  14. Government/Public sector job after completing MCA with 1 year experience in private IT sector?
  15. Job opportunities in Government sector after the completion of Engineering in CS? Is it possible to earn more in Private sector than in Government sector?
  16. Jobs available in Karnataka for Biotechnology Engineers?
  17. What are the career options after LLB?
  18. Job opportunities in Private/Government sector for a B.Sc Agriculture graduate?
15th October 2011, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

how many percent which are doing goverment job?
15th October 2011, 12:51 PM
sudhi123

yes it is sure that government job is better than private job but we can not neglect the private job only by saying that it is not secure because we can no say that my life is secure.....
16th October 2011, 12:26 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushu View Post
I agree that govt jobs are secure and not that much stressfull, but if you are a competition freak, private job is the best one to show everyone what you are made up of
I also support your answer that

We know generally that the government job is better in all point of the view and we should prefer government job we feel secure in government job but the other side in private sector we not feel secure and employer can do downsizing so we should prefer government job and after 6th pay scale the value of government job has become also more demanded.
16th October 2011, 12:28 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have done btech in mechaical engineering.i got job in india post in clerical cadre which is underqualified job.i was working in mnc company before.i joined in the gov job.but i didnt like the monotonous work there.i decided to resign and go back to software side.wat wuld u ppl suggest
I am agree with your answer that the government job is better in all point of the view and we should prefer government job we feel secure in government job but the other side in private sector we not feel secure and employer can do downsizing so we should prefer government job and after 6th pay scale the value of government job has become also more demanded.
16th October 2011, 12:30 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathi durga View Post
government jobs are more secure. government should offer still more jobs in all fields.
As per recent news We know generally that the government job is better in all point of the view and we should prefer government job we feel secure in government job but the other side in private sector we not feel secure and employer can do downsizing so we should prefer government job and after 6th pay scale the value of government job has become also more demanded.
16th October 2011, 12:32 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmita17 View Post
government jobs are quite secure and provide a lots of facilities but If you want to expose your talent and skills and want to make independent decissions you must go for a private sector jobs.....
I will always vote in favor of government job We know generally that the government job is better in all point of the view and we should prefer government job we feel secure in government job but the other side in private sector we not feel secure and employer can do downsizing so we should prefer government job and after 6th pay scale the value of government job has become also more demanded.
16th October 2011, 12:33 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit_jain View Post
it depends on you....

if you want to have a comfortable life with regular income and specially for married women who also have the household responsibilities....govt job is good

but people want to go high with time and earn a lot of money,private sector is a must.

nimit jain
We feel secure in government job that We know generally that the government job is better in all point of the view and we should prefer government job we feel secure in government job but the other side in private sector we not feel secure and employer can do downsizing so we should prefer government job and after 6th pay scale the value of government job has become also more demanded.
16th October 2011, 12:35 AM
Azher MBa

[QUOTE=seemu.soni;86482]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Which one do you prefer? A govt sector job or private sector job?[/Q

Ofcourse i will prefere goverment job because its secure in comparitavely to private job
Hey my all friend this is my vote that i will support government job and most of the person also prefer.
16th October 2011, 12:36 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikita_gigi View Post
hi everyone
Its my first rply.well regarding my opinion i think although private jobs are not that secure and have to work for more than 8 hours but the quality of the government jobs are well known by everyone and top of it there is very less scope for improvement in performance.on the other hand burden of private jobs and insecurity can not be neglected.Hence both government and private jobs both have to work on their weaker part.
thank you

We know generally that the government job is better in all point of the view and we should prefer government job we feel secure in government job but the other side in private sector we not feel secure and employer can do downsizing so we should prefer government job and after 6th pay scale the value of government job has become also more demanded.
16th October 2011, 12:38 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit1555 View Post
If you are just before money.money comes before your health your family then private job is the job for you.....

We should prefer government job.
16th October 2011, 12:39 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitV View Post
I will prefer Gov. job as
1. Through which we can help our government.
2. Secure job.
3. Contribution in growing India n many more
Yes government job is always better that private.
16th October 2011, 12:40 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I think govt. jobs are good and secure but in private job we have no secure in money matter private jobs are best
As per rozgar samachar that the government job is better in all point of the view and we should prefer government job we feel secure in government job but the other side in private sector we not feel secure and employer can do downsizing so we should prefer government job and after 6th pay scale the value of government job has become also more demanded.
16th October 2011, 12:43 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalasani.chaitanya View Post
Now a days it is not possible to get govt job for every person. And its not the matter of which job "If u r really willing to show ur skills"
Government job is better

16th October 2011, 12:44 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bharti Rana View Post
Afetr 2009 recession and 6th Pay commission, I think these days Govt jobs are more preffered than Private jobs. But for those who want to learn new things, Private sector is the best & Govt. sector is for those who want clam, peace, job security and think now no more headace and no more learning..
Yes it is right

16th October 2011, 12:45 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
i have just 21 and 65,000 salary in private company
In 30 that will be almost 6.5 lacs

how to get these salary in govt jobs?

in a pass out b-tech batch, guys are 27000
govt vacancy is only 7000
private vacancy is 27000X10

if you are a skilled worker u can n-joy life with private job

guys with brain are in private sector otherways nobody (with out brain) can get govt jobs

16th October 2011, 12:46 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
gov jobs are better bcauz there is less tension in comarison to private jobs.

16th October 2011, 12:50 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
if u want to earn the money 2 fullfill ur dreams ..................... than u can join the private sector .......and make the challenging career ......, high groth rate................. compare 2 the goverment job...........

16th October 2011, 12:51 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnaidu View Post
nice que. if u want more salary take private job, ofcourse depends on ur abilities. otherwise take govt job to enjoy ur life. but after retierment.......? think..........!

16th October 2011, 12:52 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh madankar View Post
definately a government job. I know its a matter of securing ur job for a life and that provide a proud feeling in the society but beyond this the government sector is more corrupted and lazy as compared to the private sector and needs to be repair by the good peoples. while in other hand private sector have almost many effecient employes which are working honestly at their best.

government job is better in all point of the view and we should prefer government job we feel secure in government job but the other side in private sector we not feel secure and employer can do downsizing so we should prefer government job and after 6th pay scale the value of government job has become also more demanded.
16th October 2011, 12:54 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mridul Dhawan View Post
yaa,, as to concern to the security, govt. job is superb.... any man who got govt. job get a very good feeling in him/her,,, govt. job not only secure him/her but also his/her family.....

Government job is better in all point of the view and we should prefer government job we feel secure in government job but the other side in private sector we not feel secure and employer can do downsizing so we should prefer government job and after 6th pay scale the value of government job has become also more demanded.
16th October 2011, 12:56 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikurien View Post
i thnk goverment jobs are better even though u don't receive much salary.... in private companies u may get much better salary but u can't depend on it all the time coz any time ur job can go .but in government jobs u get pension after ur retirement and makes ur life much more secure and in any case if any one passes away by accident or some cause ,his or her family members can join instead.... so i feel government jobs are much better...
I am fully satisfied with your answer.
16th October 2011, 12:57 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav* View Post
Government jobs are more safe n secure.
so the are best.

16th October 2011, 12:59 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankita sehrawat View Post
government job is best as it is a secured job and you are tension free about your future .you will get salary for sure at the end of the month which is not the case with the private sector jobs .for example satyam company when ramalingam got arrested expelled most of its employees which is unfair on the part of the company to do.i personally feel government sector job is the best viable option now a days of cut throat competition.
thankyou

16th October 2011, 01:00 AM
Azher MBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by santu_nitc View Post
as iam a student b.tech 1 st year
government jobs are safer so every one is joining but they have to do the same work with their potential as they do in private sector . i prefer govt sector to serve public.private sectors will not help to the poor of this poorest country to do a better serve i choose public sector
thinking you

18th October 2011, 12:38 PM
Hena.Aslam

This is to inform hereby all of my dear friend that Government job is better than Private company because.
1. We feel security.
2. Less Tension than private sector.
3. Fix and Standard remuneration.
4. Benefit of 6th Pay scale.
5. Benefit for future and for family.
6. Other opportunity and privilege for departmental exam.
18th October 2011, 12:42 PM
Hena.Aslam

Quote:
Which one do you prefer? A govt sector job or private sector job?
This is to confirm that Government job is better than private.

* Government job *
1. We feel security.
2. Less Tension than private sector.
3. Fix and Standard remuneration.
4. Benefit of 6th Pay scale.
5. Benefit for future and for family.
6. Other opportunity and privilege for departmental exam.

* Private Sector Job *
1. Lack of security.
2. Always in tension
3. Only fix salary.
4. Downsizing.
18th October 2011, 03:03 PM
Hena.Aslam

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarjit View Post
i think government jobs are more versatile and secure......although the salary package is not comparable with private...but still government services provide lots of facilities...it not only secures the life of the employee but also his family....and it gives a different proud feeling to be a government job where we can make a difference......
Yes Government job is better than private sector job.
22nd October 2011, 05:06 PM
Hena.Aslam

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalkrsinha View Post
If you are a hard-working, ambitious guy & want to make money by lips & bounds then the choice should be Private jobs.
Caution: There is a risk of job security in private jobs.

If you want to serve the country & to have a secured job then it's definitely the Govt. job.
Caution: Salary increment process is slow, but after the implementation of 6th pay commission it is now very much competitive to private sector in the sense of earning money.
yes it is right that Government job is better than private sector, and after 6th pay scale value of government job is became large.
22nd October 2011, 05:19 PM
Hena.Aslam

Quote:
Originally Posted by keerthi View Post
I Think gov jobs are safe but if we dont get it then dont feel for it,a private one ia also better ,we can change our job and salary is high when compared to gov.
I will go with your answer that government job is safer than private sector.
22nd October 2011, 05:20 PM
Hena.Aslam

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddusajj View Post
government job is best in todays situation
We should always prefer government job just because we all feel secure and in private sector job we do not feel secure.
22nd October 2011, 06:10 PM
Hena.Aslam

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetha_ammu View Post
i need a govt job.i doing my m.phil(cs).pls help me
Yes we should focus on government job, just because every one want to work with security and you will feel secure with government job only.
so u know better for that what will i have to do.
22nd October 2011, 06:14 PM
Hena.Aslam

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiyaz View Post
Today in India private jobs remain no longer safe for career.
Yes it is correct that private job is no safer than government job.
22nd October 2011, 07:00 PM
Hena.Aslam

Quote:
Originally Posted by srilucky View Post
i need government job plz help me i completed btech
government is better.
23rd October 2011, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

I am a Central Govt. employee (Cvil Engg.)
Nowadays Pvt. jobs in my sector is also secure, big companies are there i.e. L&T,Gammon ,GMR, GVK , HCC, Patel, Coastal and many more.
those who join after 2004 are under New Pension Scheme (NPS) which no more attractive and give very less pension after ret.
NPS is open for all and you need not to be a govt. employee anymore. i case of govt. employee the deduct 10% of our salary.Look these w.site pfrda.org.in www.npscra.nsdl.co.in
Medical facilities is also not good. now govt. employee prefer health insurance.
There there is no much difference in pvt. and govt. job (Pension and Medical facilities are same) and in coming years govt. will defiantly stop more benefits.
If you have knowledge and good relation with seniors then there is 100% job security in pvt. otherwise you will not even survive in govt. job
Most important : Govt. is privatizing everything, in coming years only the civil service will be there and rest of all will be converted into PSUs and then PSUs into Pvt.
Now pvt. companies are every where and generation ahead of govt. comp. for example : Power sector, electricity (reliance BSES, TATA power), Communication Airtel, Reliance
27th October 2011, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

Dear all,
Everyone is knows world is more competitive and we are living in 21st century.so hence our country thinking about privatization to all sector for more effective to work and more productivity,Groom our self throughout and present the country.I think private sector is better than Government sector if you are doing job on right path.Don't fear about Private & PSU. work should smart.

Sanjeet Gupta
MBA-Supply Chain
28th October 2011, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

i think private sector is preferable than public sector by young generation..
30th October 2011, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

how is the carrier growth in govt. sector for example if i started as a clerk when i'll become manager in govt. banks and comparing packages to private and govt. which is the best in industry
1st November 2011, 11:40 PM
madhu madne

Smile Re: Government job vs Private sector job?

Quote:
sir

private jobs are challenging and more salaried

government jobs are monotonous

thank you
8th November 2011, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

pvt education &pvt employs postive point
10th November 2011, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

private is better than govt job, govt job is lacking in package and pvt jobs can get fast promotions
22nd November 2011, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

i'm now working in a private sector for more than 2 years,,, but now have been candidated for an government job..i don't know what to do?leaving private or not?considering that my working hours is from 8:00 to 5 and salary 12.000$,,in government it will be from 8:30 to 3
25th November 2011, 08:14 PM
sowjith

i would prefer govt job as there is life security
26th November 2011, 08:41 AM
Unregistered

Hey can i know the top 10 companies in IT sector in which i can apply
30th November 2011, 01:49 PM
zyoti

Government job is better because in government sector there is a fix time for job and the salary is also good.Now a days,every person like to do government job because in government job the future is also secure..because after the retirement the pension is also provided in government jobs and also the other facilities are more in this..
30th November 2011, 08:29 PM
sahaja mallarapu

i prefer govt job to private job because here we will hae job security and feasible timings and less stress.
2nd December 2011, 09:21 AM
Unregistered

i think gov.job are beeter for private job yours: monu kumar.. g
4th December 2011, 09:42 PM
Honestman

Both are best. You go to any sector job with your interest. Government jobs are better than private jobs
5th December 2011, 09:18 PM
jayparikh

Quote:
see both are good and there advantages are different.
govt. jobs are secure compare to pvt. jobs.
At the same time govt.job salary is low compare to private sector.
in pvt.sector job,one becomes more competent as compare to govt. job.
12th December 2011, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

I recently got a govt. job in Mumbai; but didn't joined, as the package is not suitable for a family to settle in Mumbai; if the offer would had been in my hometown, I definately would have joined the govt. job
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?