14th March 2017, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in IIT, if I have a year back?

If I crack GATE with 99.5 percentile marks, but my 1st semester be year back, So, instead of year back can I admission in IIT due to result of GATE. My CGPA is 9.3 in B.Tech?

15th March 2017, 10:09 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT, if I have a year back?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

This is conducted by IIT or IISC for admission of candidates in Master's degree in Technology. Yes, you can get admission in Indian Institute of Technology in Master of Technology course if you have cleared all your existing backlogs in first year of engineering.

Year back is not a issue if your all existing backlogs are cleared. You can apply for GATE exam in 2018 and clear it with good marks to get admission in Master of Technology in Indian Institute of Technology.
16th March 2017, 11:22 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT, if I have a year back?

Yes, definitely you can get admission in IITs to pursue M.Tech course after cracking GATE examination, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their B.Tech course from a recognised University are eligible to appear for the GATE examination. Qualifying in the examination with merit marks, you can get admission in IITs to pursue M.Tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?