1st March 2018, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study M.Tech for MCA 1st semester student?

Sir, I am studying MCA 1st semester. After my MCA, I want to do M.Tech. But the problem is I did 12th with Commerce. After 12th I did BCA. So, still I am eligible for M.Tech?

14th March 2018, 06:01 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study M.Tech for MCA 1st semester student?

1. Master of Computer Application candidates are eligible for Master of Technology course. If you are studying MCA, you must have studied Mathematics at 12th level.

2. GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. GATE is conducted by IIT or IISC for admission of candidates of B.Tech, M.Sc, MCA in Master of Technology course. It is an online entrance exam. GATE qualified candidates get stipend for pursuing M.Tech course.
14th March 2018, 08:03 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Master of Technology eligibility criteria:

Student should have studied bachelor's degree in engineering, technology and master's degree in science, computer application etc to apply for Master of Technology course.

You are eligible for GATE exam to pursue Master of Technology course.
15th March 2018, 11:25 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue M.Tech course:

There is a certain educational qualification required to pursue M.Tech course.

> For pursuing M.Tech course, the basic educational required is "Master's Degree" or Post Graduation in concerned stream from a recognized university.

> As you are done with 12th Class, BCA course and then MCA course they are all sufficient in order to get good job in companies.

> As most of the organizations generally prefer candidates from Master's Background. As you are pursuing MCA, again pursuing M.Tech is a lengthy and time wasting process as far as I know.

> But still, if you are interested to pursue M.Tech after completion of MCA course then I can certainly say that you are eligible to pursue provided with you need to have a valid score of any competitive Master's Entrance Examination for pursuing M.Tech.
15th March 2018, 10:14 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Sorry but you can not pursue M.Tech after MCA or BCA, because you have not done B.Tech in your under-graduation level.

To pursue M.Tech, candidate must need B.Tech degree or B.Sc Science degree with at least 60% aggregate.
15th March 2018, 10:29 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to my knowledge it is compulsory to have B.Tech degree to pursue M.Tech.
You can get admission directly also or after clearing GATE.
But as per your qualification you are not eligible to pursue M.Tech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?