7th September 2016, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I join merchant navy after 12th commerce?

Respected Sir, my name is Himanshu Kavle (SC). I live in Jabalpur (MP) and I have cleared my 12th standard with 56%. My subject was commerce. So, respected Sir can I join the Merchant Navy.
Yours faithfully,
Himanshu Kavle
Mobile no:- 8085626311

7th September 2016, 08:59 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join merchant navy after 12th commerce?

No, being a student of commerce stream you cannot apply for merchant navy after completing your 10+2.

The minimum requirement to apply for merchant navy is completing 12th standard with Physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects.

Since you have chosen commerce stream in your 12th standard so, I am sorry to say that there is no opening for you in merchant navy.
7th September 2016, 11:43 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to join Merchant Navy:

Yes, you are eligible to join Merchant Navy after successful completion of 12th Class from Commerce stream. As you are from Commerce stream, you might have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. So you are eligible to join Deck Cadets after successful completion of 12th Class. As far as my knowledge is concerned, there is no certain percentage criteria required to join Merchant Navy, so you are eligible to join Merchant Navy.
7th September 2016, 11:52 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

No,You can't join merchant navy after 12th with commerce.To join Merchant navy you have to passed 12th with physics , chemistry and mathematics with good marks from any well recognized university.

->>For entrance in merchant navy you have to passed an entrance examination and medical test followed by personal interview.

->>your age limit is 20 years

->>Only Unmarried Candidates are Eligible to join the merchant navy.
8th September 2016, 12:12 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, my name is Himanshu Kavle (SC). I live in Jabalpur (MP) and I have cleared my 12th standard with 56%. My subject was commerce. So, respected Sir can I join the Merchant Navy.
Yours faithfully,
Himanshu Kavle
Mobile no:- 8085626311
No, Commerce students are not eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Those candidates who have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school are eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?