18th August 2015, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

Can i appear for JEE MAIN with 80% in 12th?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  2. Possibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for a candidate who has appear JEE Main twice?
  3. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study in IIST? How much I should try to get in through JEE Main? -- [New]
  4. Should I reappear in 12th and JEE Main & Advance if didn't qualify in 12th PCM if interested to become IAS Officer?
  5. Does I have to reappear in 12th Board exam if drop a year for JEE Main?
  6. Can I apply for JEE Main & Advance 3rd time? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Possibility to appear in JEE Main for 12th Commerce student?
  8. Should I prepare to reappear if scored less marks in JEE Main?
  9. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to get admission in NIT Durgapur for SC candidate who has secured 82% in 12th WBCHSE Board exam?
  10. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if pursuing 12th NIOS? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Whether a candidate is eligible to appear in Jee Main on behalf of MP-PET if exhausted 3 chances for applying in colleges of Madhya Pradesh?
  12. Can I appear in JEE Main and Advance again after reappearing in 12th Maths?
  13. JEE main ranking
  14. Can I get admission in any NIT if secured 58.88% in 12th, 55 marks in JEE Main and preparing for JEE Advance being SC candidate?
  15. Will I be able to crack JEE Main and Advanced if completed 12th from Hindi Medium?
  16. Cutoff percentage required in 12th to appear in upcoming JEE Main and Advanced? Tips for preparation?
  17. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main & Advanced if applied but didn't appear in this year?
  18. Will I be able to appear in JEE Advance if securing rank under 10,000 in JEE Main and secured 70.2% in 12th CBSE being a ST candidate?
18th August 2015, 10:12 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i appear for JEE MAIN with 80% in 12th?

Yes, definitely you can appear in JEE Main examination after completion of your 12th standard with an aggregate of 80% marks from a recognised board. Candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination. Since, you have completed 12th standard with an aggregate of 80% marks, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination.
18th August 2015, 10:33 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for JEE Main exam with 80% marks in 12th class.
Candidate who have secured more than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics can apply for JEE Main exam. For more details please visit : http://jeemain.nic.in/webinfo/welcome.aspx
18th August 2015, 11:35 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to appear in JEE Main Examination after successful completion of 12th Class with 80% marks. The minimum percentage criteria required in 12th Class in order to give JEE Main Examination is "50% marks" Only. Since you have scored more than what is required i.e., 80% marks, I am sure you are certainly eligible to appear in JEE Main Examination. Candidates must have passed their 12th Class with Physics and Mathematics and must have studied at least one of the following subjects as optional subject namely Computer Science, Biology, Chemistry, Bio-Technology.
18th August 2015, 11:42 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Yes, you can definitely appear for JEE Main with 80% of marks in class 12th.

Eligibility criteria to appear in JEE Main:

Student must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, compulsorily.
Candidates must have studied any one of the subjects as optional subjects - Chemistry, Computer Science, Biology and Bio-technology.
Candidates must have secured minimum of 50% marks in total in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM).

All The Best.
19th August 2015, 12:17 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you can appear for JEE Main exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.

List of the best books for JEE Mains exam:-

Course In Physics For IIT-JEE 2012
by
Tmh
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2011)

Course In Mathematics For IIT JEE 2012
by
Tmh
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2011)

Problms And Solutions In Chemistry IIT-JEE
by
K Singh
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2009)
19th August 2015, 09:41 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes absolutely you are eligible to apply for JEE Main's . Since with the above Educational qualification you have a required eligibility to apply for JEE Main's.

In addition to this you need to have a look on the Passed Out year , Number of attempts and also Age criteria. Then only you will have a chance to apply for JEE Main's.

>> Only Two attempts are allowed for JEE Main's.

>> Should complete 12th with Maths, Physics and Chemistry are the Main subjects.

>> Age should not cross 25 years for Gen candidates and relaxation about 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
19th August 2015, 01:35 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is an engineering entrance examination conducted by CBSE once every year for the selection of deserving students for their bachelor degree course in technical field from top government engineering colleges such as IIT, NIT, IIIT or ISM.

The examination is held in two stages which are called as JEE Main and JEE Advance respectively.

To be eligible for JEE Main one requires a higher secondary school degree from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the main subjects with at least 50% aggregate in each of the mentioned subjects.

But for the stage second i.e; JEE Advance, one has to qualify the stage first along with that much percentage of marks in their 12th board examination which keeps them among the top 20 percentile students of their board or over 75% marks in the same.

Now having 80% aggregate in your 12th you are surely eligible for JEE Main but for the JEE Advance you must qualify the JEE Main at first. Also for appearing in JEE your age must be within 17 years to 25 years till the final date of year in which you are appearing in the same examination.

For details regarding the syllabus, question pattern, previous year question papers or any other queries related to JEE you can log on to www.jeemain.nic.in.
19th August 2015, 02:30 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in the JEE Main examination conducted by the CBSE every year. JEE stands for the Joint Entrance Examination.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is candidates must have passed or appearing in the 10+2 from the recognised board with the PCM as the main subject. So you are eligible to appear.

The application for the examination is available in the month of November and the examination is conducted in the month of April. The Mains examination contains the question of the Mathematics, Physics and the Mathematics in which there are 30 from each of them of 120 marks.

The examination is conducted in the online as well as the offline both. For examination about the examination visit at the www.cbse.nic.in.
19th August 2015, 04:21 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, why not, you can definitely appear in the Joint Entrance examination after scoring 80% in the 10+2 board examination.

In order to apply for this exam, a candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 10+2 board examinations from a recognized board. This entrance exam is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education.

It has two stages mains and advanced. You have good percentage of marks in board exam, try to secure better rank in mains to get admission in NITs and if you remain in top 1.5 lacs of mains candidates who have passed, you can apply for the advanced stage also
19th August 2015, 08:42 PM
newmoon06

Firstly, i congratulate you for your good marks in class 12th. Yes, you are very well eligible for JEE Main. After qualifying JEE Main you can apply for JEE Advance.

Eligibility criteria for JEE Main-
>>candidates must have studied physics, chemistry as compulsory subjects.

>>They must have secured atlaest 505 marks including all the subjects.

>>candidates must born on or after 1 October,1991 to be considered for JEE Main 2016.

>>ST/SC/PWD candidates have 5 year relaxation for upper age limit.

>>There are number of three attempts.

so, you can apply for JEE Main if you satisfy the above criteria.
26th August 2015, 02:20 AM
sumitrahul76

Ya! of course you are eligible to be appear in JEE mainsq with a good percentage of 62% in 12th board examination.

Anyone having 60% in his 12 board can apply for JEE mains and you already secured a good percentage of 80% so, you should go for it.

The minimum score required by the candidates in JEE Main to be eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced is

115 for Common Merit List (CML)

75 fir Other Backward Class (OBC - NCL)

53 for Scheduled Caste (SC)

and 47 for Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?