24th December 2014, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

Can I study MBBS after completing 12th NIOS?

hello eeryone
i am a 12th class student but i am
doing me 12th in NIOS board....
I want to do MBBS after my 12th so
i can apply for MBBS course?
please help me to know

24th December 2014, 09:07 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MBBS after completing 12th NIOS?

Yes, you can join in MBBS, even you are a student, who has completed 12th standard from NIOS board. Students from NIOS can apply for MBBS admissions as similar to other students from different boards. After the completion of intermediate, you have to apply for any MBBS entrance exam like AIIMS, AIPMT or any other exam, which will be conducted in your state. Then depending upon your performance in that exam, you can get a seat in any MBBS college
25th December 2014, 11:31 AM
Rahul9596

Yes,you are eligible to study MBBS course.Generally NIOS National Institute of Open Schooling is approved by Ministry of HRD department.So after completion of this course, you will be receiving valuable certificate issued by Ministry of Department , and the certificate is equivalent to central or state board of secondary education.

The applicants who have successfully completed their NIOS 12th with science subjects can of course study MBBS course.You must have passed 12th class with Biology, Chemistry and Physics along with Mathematics and English subjects.You must have possessed your NIOS 12th class from university or institution which is recognized to be eligible for doing MBBS Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course.

Best colleges offering MBBS medical program are, JIPMER Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, In Vellore Christian Medical college, AIIMS All India Institute of Medical Sciences Delhi, Kasturba Medical College Manipal also termed as KMC, MAMC Maulana Azad Medical College, AFMC Armed Forces Medical College Pune, Grant Medical College mumbai, Sri Ramachandra Medical College and research Institute, Lady Hardinge Medical College, Madras Medical College Chennai and many more.

Candidates with 12th class in science background are eligible to pursue MBBS Program.Since you are presently doing 12th class, you must start preparation from now onwards to appear for Medical entrance examination.As there will be good competition give you best by preparing from now itself.After securing good rank you will be allocated best college based on your rank in Entrance exam.
25th December 2014, 04:08 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

NIOS: National Institute of Open Schooling is an autonomous organization which provides General and Academic courses at Secondary and Senior Secondary Level.

If you Wish to use NIOS certificate for Higher studies you must keep in mind the requirements of the Boards/Universities you wish to join after passing Secondary/Senior secondary course from NIOS.

Some Boards/Universities require specific subject combinations for the admissions into those Institutions.

For Medical course Eligibility criteria are that you should have passed +2 examination with Chemistry,Physics and Biology/Bio technology along with English as core subject.

NIOS certificate is valid and recognized and at par with Other National and State Boards of School Education.

NIOS certificate candidates can also apply for various competitive examinations.
25th December 2014, 07:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello eeryone
i am a 12th class student but i am
doing me 12th in NIOS board....
I want to do MBBS after my 12th so
i can apply for MBBS course?
please help me to know
Yes, you can study MBBS course after 12th standard from NIOS board.

But your 12th standard subjects are physics, chemistry, biology and english. Your 12th standard marks must be above 50%.

Your minimum age should be 18 years.

So you can prepare for medical entrance exam like-

AIIMS - All India Institute of Medical Sciences

AFMC - Armed Forces Medical College Exam

AIPMT - All India Pre-Medical / Pre-Dental Entrance Examination

AIPGDET - All India Post Graduate Dental Entrance Test

AIPGMET - All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test

AIPVT - All India Pre Veterinart Test

Bharati Vidyapeeth University Medical Entrance Exam

Christian Medical College Ludhiana Entrance Test

Manipal PMT - Manipal Pre Medical Test

UPCAT - Uttar Pradesh Common Admission Test

UPCPMT - Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre Medical Test

PIMS - Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences

KLE UGAIET - KLE University Under Graduate All India Entrance Test

Best books for medical entrance exam:-

Complete Biology for Medical College Entrance Examination
by
Vinay Kumar,S. S. Bhatia
Publisher: Tata McGraw - Hill (2012)

AIIMS Topic-wise Solved Papers
by
Disha Publication
Publisher: (aiets) Disha Publication

Objective Chemistry For PMT
by
Editorialrph Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House (1999)

C.P.M.T. Physics At A Glance
by
Upkar Prakashan - Editorial Board
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan

Manipal UGET(MAHE) Medical Manipal University Under Graduate Entrance Test: 12 Years' Solved Papers (2000 - 2011)
by
Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications (2012)

MTG Chapter wise Explorer: WB JEE Engineering / Medical Physics and Chemistry
by
MTG Editorial Board
Publisher: MTG Learning Media (P) Ltd. (2011)
10th July 2015, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir, I am now 30years and now I want to study 12th at nios and then prepare for MBBS entrance, is there any problem with my age.
17th August 2015, 12:42 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You need to appear for GRE and TOEFL and IELTS examination to go to USA after completion of your graduation.

You need to appear for these exams to study abroad.

To apply in US Universities GRE score is the basic requirement.

IELTS or TOEFL are english proficiency testin listening, apeaking, reading and writing sections.

So, for studying in MBBS Canada you will have to score well in these examinations.
3rd March 2016, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Hii team, they are

I have done my class 12th from NIOS and i am from delhi.As i checked prospectus of delhi's medical collleges(like MAMC..ucms etc.).I found that they do admit only regular students.
please check the same ,and do let me know what do i do?

thanks.

Anmol
25th May 2016, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

I am student of 3 science madurai university can prepare for IAS exam or continue my studies msc regular Sambalpur university
29th May 2016, 02:54 PM
Adhayay

You are eligible to become a MBBS even though you are student from NIOS. NIOS are approved institute from Human Resources Department. After passing 12th with medical stream from NIOS, you are given a valueable certificate. Then you can apply for entrance exams of AIIMS, AIPMT, JIPMER etc to be a MBBS.
9th July 2016, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

I have done 11th by Commerce in cbse board... I want to take admission. In nios 12th by science. Can i get...?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?