19th March 2014, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Can a NIOS student appear for engineering entrance examinations?

I am currently reading in 12th standard in NIOS
that is NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OPEN SCHOOLING.
can i appear for iitjee, aieee, bitsat etc. next year in 2012? Or they will discard my entrance form.

8th April 2014, 08:48 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can a NIOS student appear for engineering entrance examinations?

Hello, it does matter when you are in an open schooling education system. Actually it is the truth that regular course students are given preferences over open schooling students. The fact is that if you are fulfill the eligibility criteria regarding education, age and other conditions then you are surely eligible for the entrance examination.

That means if you satisfy all the other criteria you are quite same as eligible as other students of regular course but if you do not meet the age limit of the certain entrance that you are going to appear then you will not be considered to sit in the exam.

No body will reject your form as you have shown fear, because as long as you have filled up the form properly you will be called for the entrance examination and in that entrance you will have to qualify by securing minimum required marks so as to compete with the other regular candidates and also your age should be within the limit as required by engineering entrance examinations i.e. not more than 22years of age and not less than 18 years of age. So open schooling is as good as regular schooling as long as you have not crossed the age limit as prescribed by various technical education boards.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?