23rd December 2015, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

How to manage between school syllabus and coaching for IIT?

I am a class 11th ISC board student. I had joined FIITJEE classes for IIT preparation. I realised that in FIITJEE, they were following a completely different pattern of teaching. TAfter 5-6 months I had to give my half-yearly examinations. Unfortunately, i failed in two of my subjects. As it was difficult for me to cope up with their teaching pattern, i was unable to understand the basic concepts. Hence, i was highly confused between the school syllabus and the coaching syllabus. Therefore, to avoid further confusion, these days i've stopped going to FIITJEE in order to concentrate on my school syllabus first. I've also hired a home tuitor for maths. I am planning to continue with the classes in 12th. Is this the right decison? Please help.

23rd December 2015, 02:35 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to manage between school syllabus and coaching for IIT?

Let me tell you that it totally depends upon you and your determination.

If you will take tension that how to manage then it would difficult for you only.

Just be relaxed and then think about your goal.

School study is extremely important, so don't neglect school study and be regular to school.
And coaching is another important thing.
23rd December 2015, 04:59 PM
rituja mukherjee

You have to keep this in mind that your school that your Board examination should be your first priority. This is because, even if you manage to score good in JEE Advanced, but fail to pass +2 level then you will lose both the opportunities. The net result will be zero. So it is essential that you pay good attention towards your class 12 exam.
Now keeping a balance between both is very difficult. But systematic hard work can bring desired results. You need to understand your capacity, your potential and then work accordingly. It is not that if you study in FIIT JEE then only you are going to get through IIT. If you are having difficulty in coping up with their study pattern then surely you should try out try out other options like Aakash Institute, or private tuitions for every individual subject. Whatever you choose, there will be pressure from all sides. But if you study from yourself and loving the subject, then you will feel the pressure much lesser.
23rd December 2015, 05:25 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

If you want to get admission in IIT college you have to manage between school and coaching studies.
The method of teaching in IIT coaching and school is different because in IIT exams candidate have to solve lots of question in less time.
So you have to concentrate on both, school studies and IIT coaching studies.

First of all focus more on your school syllabus and complete it first. After the completion of your school syllabus start preparing for IIT preparation.
If you have not completed your school syllabus, you find it very hard to solve questions based on IIT exams, but if you complete your school syllabus you will find it pretty easy.

Make a time table, give more hours to your school syllabus and less to your IIt coaching. Never waste your time in unwanted things like social media, video games etc.
After the completion of school syllabus increase the hours of study for IIT preparation.
24th December 2015, 12:14 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Absolutely you are on the right track. You should concentrate on your current class subjects. My suggestion to you is that you should study your current subjects starting from basic. Never crime anything in your syllabus. After completion of every chapter you can try to solve FITJEE questions on that chapter. It will really helps you in preparing IIT without any confusion. Also you can join the FITJEE classes on weekly basis. You can attend the classes on holidays and on Sunday.
Also make a time table for your study and be regular in study it will enhance your learning ability.
1st April 2017, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Is CBSE board more relevant than ICSE in connection with JEE/IIT preparation?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?