15th January 2016, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

What is the value of MCA degree through distance learning?

I am planning to do MCA degree course through distance learning. I want to know about the value of such degree. Please reply me fast.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of MCA from distance learning course?
  2. What is the value of MCA degree through distance learning? -- [New]
  3. List of colleges offering MCA course at regular level for students who did BCA through distance learning?
  4. Is MCA distance course best for me after completing BCA with 64.6%? Is the distance learning course reliable for best placements?
  5. What is the future after doing MCA with distance learning?
  6. What is the future of MCA in distance learning?
  7. Is it possible to do M.Tech through distance learning? Do I need a GATE score for that? Universities providing the course? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Is it good to take MCA degree distance learning course in Mumbai University?
  9. Will I be eligible for MCA entrance test of Pune University if I did BCA through distance learning?
  10. Universities providing MCA through distance learning? What is the date of getting admission and how to apply for it?
  11. Information about MCA distance learning course?
  12. Universities offering MCA course through Distance Learning? How to apply for the course? Requirements and Fee structure for this course?
  13. Is MCA distance course best for me after completing BCA with 60.6%?
  14. MCA from Distance Learning, University Of Mumbai? Good or bad in terms of placements?
  15. List of top MCA (Distance Education) universities. What's the eligibility criteria for Entrance Exam?
  16. Universities providing MCA through distance learning? Date of admission? How to apply and what is the fee structure?
  17. Can I do Ph.D after completing MCA(Distance learning) from MDU?
  18. Good colleges for MCA offering distance learning?
16th January 2016, 12:02 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the value of MCA degree through distance learning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am planning to do MCA degree course through distance learning. I want to know about the value of such degree. Please reply me fast.
MCA is a post graduation course of 3 years duration and this course if offered by various colleges. Pursuing MCA degree is a good option but doing the course through distance learning does not give you much value. Any course which is done only in regular mode is only regarded as a valued course.

In the case of distance learning you will get a valid MCA degree but when it comes to the value, it is not as good as you do in regular. You can do this course only if you are working and looking for an extra qualification, because to get more salary and value to your post one finds to do an extra qualification and you can do MCA in distance learning on that basis. But if you are a student and planning to study a post graduate then it is better that you do MCA in regular mode.

Apart from all these, it is one's opinion to choose and choosing MCA in distance learning gives you a degree but no value as in separate but with a job it gives you value.
16th January 2016, 12:56 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

See distance mode from the recognized board will give you equal value as compared with regular course. But In general the prefernce for the regular candidates will be more.

But this does not mean that you will not have any opportunities. There will be equal oppirtunities as regualr candidates.
16th January 2016, 04:13 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

The value is the same as MCA in regular mode, provided you should be having some work experience also and should be indulged in some work of the same field during the course. Any distance course is very much valid even after not having a work experience but it is preferable if the candidate is having a work experience also along the way, or else regular mode course will have more weightage than distance education degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?